Getting set fir a photoshoot, need help

shakenblake

shakenblake

Awards
Have a photoshoot set up in a few months here, and looking to lean out. Cardio is obviously a must buy the debate is the best time to get it in. I have heard after weights obviously because glycogen is depleted so fat is drawn upon, and others say do semi-fasted cardio while sipping BCAA's. Would love some tips here.

Also, as far as macros go, is it better for a less fat or less carbs because I have heard both. Obviously carbs being only pwo simple sugars and the rest of the day fruits and veggies

badwolf42

Awards
I really don't think it matters much in the long run. The key is just consistency.

I like tabata work for cardio instead of steady rate. A hard 4 minutes is more appealing to me than a boring hour. Its just something to think about throwing in when the longer cardio starts to wear on you.

shakenblake

shakenblake

Awards
I really don't think it matters much in the long run. The key is just consistency. I like tabata work for cardio instead of steady rate. A hard 4 minutes is more appealing to me than a boring hour. Its just something to think about throwing in when the longer cardio starts to wear on you.
I am running HIIT workouts like a mofo for 20-25 minutes after workout ed.

jgntyce

jgntyce

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really don't think it matters much in the long run. The key is just consistency. I like tabata work for cardio instead of steady rate. A hard 4 minutes is more appealing to me than a boring hour. Its just something to think about throwing in when the longer cardio starts to wear on you.
what specific Tabata do you do?

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
diet first then worry about cardio, i know i am about to cut for a shoot in july also and i am only planned to do 2 or 3 sessions of HIIT 30sec sprint/1.5min jog for 20 minutes. You can do whatever cardio you like but your diet has to be in check. I would do one or two MISS sessions and then one HIIT session. but thats just me

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Really good advice here. A lot of folks start dieting AND go overboard with cardio at the beginning of their cut. Almost always proves to be a disaster, unless they are on tons of gear.
Thank you, couldn't agree more, when people think of the word "cut" all that comes to their mind is hours of cardio and eating a salad a day, its sad it really is

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thank you, couldn't agree more, when people think of the word "cut" all that comes to their mind is hours of cardio and eating a salad a day, its sad it really is
Lol I sometimes forget to get al my calories in even when cutting aha.

Battossi

Awards
Cut calories by 100 to 200 3 days before. Then increase calories by 100 or 200 over maintenance the next day. If you are truely photoshoot ready this should result in supercompensation.

Same trick bodybuilders use pre show. Your coach should have went over this with you.....

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
what are your macros so far, give us some stats

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
ok ok whens your shoot? you said a few month like April