Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am getting board with shurgs. What is your favorite Trap Exercise ??

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I think their called high pulls. Its pretty much a row but your standing straight up and have a v-rope extension and pull towards your face which contracts your traps.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Snatch grip high pull (w/ barbell)
face pulls
rows
farmer walks

In that order in terms of effectiveness, IMO

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have never done face pulls so I looked them up on You Tube I like them but sure are a lot of Ideas How They Should be done ??

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
My kids use this and have pretty good traps
image-692361013.jpg

matt21irby21

matt21irby21

Awards
My traps are huge. Like Everyone in the gym says my traps are the biggest muscles on my body. And I only actually work them out maybe once every couple weeks. Idk if you know how to flex your traps. but if you do, flex them and hold it for like 10 seconds at a time. I got my big by mistake lol. I was very small in high school but I wanted to look "buff" so I always flexed my traps when I walked by people I didn't like cause in my head it made me feel like I looked bigger. they probably actually thought something was wrong with my neck. but hey, it was high school lol. anyways I flex and hold the flex in my traps all day. like literally all the time. now I can flex them and hold the flex for a good minute or two. now my traps are huge. I have guys that are three times my size asking me how I got my traps so big. thats all I did. lol

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Snatch grip high pull (w/ barbell)
face pulls
rows
farmer walks

In that order in terms of effectiveness, IMO
great list here. i did a frame carry a few times and as much as farmer's wrecks my traps that frame carry hammered them even harder. i seriously thought i tore something the next day after the first time i used it. you may not have access to one but well worth the try.

i did rack pulls yesterday at 90% for doubles and my traps are wrecked today, so that is an option too. that should give you lots of exercises to work them heavy, fast, or light.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I appreciate all the ideas

Skooter

Skooter

Banned
Awards
Anybody do Reverse BB Shrugs?

I usually do them after my standard BB Shrugs, light weight for high reps, I'll use the smith to crank em" out..

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards

I usually do them after my standard BB Shrugs, light weight for high reps, I'll use the smith to crank em" out..
reverse, as in having the bar behind your body?? not anymore, not since i learned more about anatomy and how the the muscles move. that move would be like doing pullups to work the chest. sure the chest is somewhat involved but there are far superior movements. so much so it just makes that move silly.

Skooter

Skooter

Banned
Awards
reverse, as in having the bar behind your body?? not anymore, not since i learned more about anatomy and how the the muscles move. that move would be like doing pullups to work the chest. sure the chest is somewhat involved but there are far superior movements. so much so it just makes that move silly.
Perfect, kind of the answer I was looking for..

I get a good pump doing them with the bar behind my body, but there being done after I do standard BB shrugs, so I wasn't sure..

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

I have been doing six set of shurgs and Alternate grips every other set.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
besides shrugs i would try out barbell upward rows, i use a 60 or 70 pounds barbell and you can keep your hands close or wide mattering where you want to hit. and just row up towards you chin and hold it for a couple seconds

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
besides shrugs i would try out barbell upward rows, i use a 60 or 70 pounds barbell and you can keep your hands close or wide mattering where you want to hit. and just row up towards you chin and hold it for a couple seconds
Please do NOT do upright rows. They are god awful on the shoulders. There are far safer and far superior movements to work the body.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Please do NOT do upright rows. They are god awful on the shoulders. There are far safer and far superior movements to work the body.
agreed i know i know, I haven't done them in a year or two, all i do for traps is shrugs and face pulls, i just stick to the main three lifts and let my body build around that.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think the point is more in line with, there are much better ways to work your traps that are safer on your body, so why not use those. It's not to say uprights with DBs wouldn't work and are safer than BB, but there are still better options.