Rehab

schies_32

Awards
Does anyone have any ideas on excersies to strengthen the muscles around the labrum that has a slap tear? Thank you!

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had a slap tear, big one that required surgery. I did plenty of rehab on it, when I get to a computer tomorrow morning I'll link ya to some of the exercises I did. What did your doc say?

schies_32

Awards
I had a slap tear, big one that required surgery. I did plenty of rehab on it, when I get to a computer tomorrow morning I'll link ya to some of the exercises I did. What did your doc say?
I had a sprang in my ac joint and they weren't sure if I had a slap tear or not. So they didn't think it'd be worth it to get an MRI. I spoke to my trainer today to ask when I'd be 100% and he said if it still hurts it may never be 100% again. Thank you hope this helps.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Does anyone have any ideas on excersies to strengthen the muscles around the labrum that has a slap tear? Thank you!
Hows your ROM? You rehabbing before surgery?

Simple IR/ER/ Ext of the shoulder are great starters. Full Cans to help with the flexion just keep your thumb upward. Lower trap work from Scap Depressions, or Ball circles on a wall for time.

Large focus on shoulder blade work (Protraction and Retraction) from serratus presses, Wall Angels (ROM) D1/D2 Exercises.

These are only a few easier things to start with, youtube any of them and you can find good videos to do these with dumbbells, bands or cables at the gym.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
[video=youtube_share;xr8h9_cXgdQ]http://youtu.be/xr8h9_cXgdQ[/video]
The guy doesn't have the best form but all the exercises after the 1 minute mark are good. I for the life of me can't find the info my doc gave me, it was over a year ago. Start with light bands and slowly work your way up.
Your doctor is correct, if you tore your labrum at all it will never heal itself, sprains heal though. I dislocated my shoulder pretty badly and they waited to do an MRI to see if it happened again. I ended up dislocating it two more times then they did the MRI and realized it was torn pretty bad.

schies_32

Awards
Hows your ROM? You rehabbing before surgery? Simple IR/ER/ Ext of the shoulder are great starters. Full Cans to help with the flexion just keep your thumb upward. Lower trap work from Scap Depressions, or Ball circles on a wall for time. Large focus on shoulder blade work (Protraction and Retraction) from serratus presses, Wall Angels (ROM) D1/D2 Exercises. These are only a few easier things to start with, youtube any of them and you can find good videos to do these with dumbbells, bands or cables at the gym.
I am rehabbing to regain strength for baseball, powerlifting, track, and football. I won't need surgery although it is quite painful. However I do not understand most of the terms you used thank you let me know if more information is needed.

schies_32

Awards
Video Link: http://youtu.be/xr8h9_cXgdQ The guy doesn't have the best form but all the exercises after the 1 minute mark are good. I for the life of me can't find the info my doc gave me, it was over a year ago. Start with light bands and slowly work your way up. Your doctor is correct, if you tore your labrum at all it will never heal itself, sprains heal though. I dislocated my shoulder pretty badly and they waited to do an MRI to see if it happened again. I ended up dislocating it two more times then they did the MRI and realized it was torn pretty bad.
Thank you very much and that is horrible how is your shoulder now?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Shoulder is great now! Putting up more weight than ever, and playing softball like nothing happened.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
How old are you?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar