Rotator cuff help

critter11

critter11

Awards
So my shoulders seem to click when i move them certain ways and i believe my rotator cuffs are alittle messed up.. Im 18 years old and want to fix this problem while i still can does anyone know if good stretches and excercises to help? I have a light medium resistance band that i stretch with often but the clicking doesnt seem to go away... How long will it taks for my rotator cuff to be good after working on it with excercises

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
It's more likely impingement of the biceps tendon. Poor technique and imbalance in training leads to these.

critter11

critter11

Awards
I did have a friend mention that my front and side delts r way more overdeveloped then my rear delts could that be an issue?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I did have a friend mention that my front and side delts r way more overdeveloped then my rear delts could that be an issue?
That's often a symptom of the underlying issue.

critter11

critter11

Awards
I do rear delts everytime i work shoulders maybe ill do it twice a week with more workouts?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I do rear delts everytime i work shoulders maybe ill do it twice a week with more workouts?
It goes far beyond just working rear delts more often. It's a postural issue and needs to be attacked from multiple angles. Stretching the pecs, lats, triceps, and upper back, establishing balance of internal:external rotators, and making sure you're properly engaging the appropriate muscles during each movement.

David147

Awards
I have come across this before and if it is Tendonitis then this may be a Repetitive strain injury due as a result of your employment or indeed if it turns out to be the rotator cuff this too can be caused by your employment and both of these can result from repeated physical movements which do damage to the tendons,nerves,muscles and other tissues.The damage caused can be serious and cause great pain and in some cases disability.Many occupations can give rise to this type of injury as a result of the tasks performed each day.

Injections may help alleviate the pain but if it is the rotator cuff then you may be looking at an operation and you have been wise to state yourself this may be a big problem in the future.

You may have a basis for a claim for your injuries whereby you can claim for loss of income,possible loss of future income,medical expenses,pain and suffering,reduced employment prospects,out of pocket expenses and effects on your domestic and social life.

I hope i have been of some help to you but if you want to contact me to discuss further please feel free to do so.