What's your strategy for missed workouts?

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Do you say oh well and just hit the muscle group the next time you are supposed to?

Or do you hit the muscle group as soon as you possibly can?

Or maybe do a "hybrid workout" to hit it and the other muscles you are supposed to be doing that day?

Just curious what people do.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I never miss a workout. But I do miss days. I often actually just take an additional day off when needed. I don't see any point in hitting a muscle or doing a workout when I'm not 100% ready to go hard. Because of this, I don't really have a set schedule for my workouts. I have a 4-day split and I train the next workout when I get in the gym. But week to week that could be different days, and a different number of workouts.

For instance, I had workouts on Friday and Saturday and I am feeling good now and probably will be tomorrow - so I will have my 3rd workout on Monday. If I feel ready on Tuesday, I will have the 4th, if not I may hit it Wednesday. After I do the 4th, I may take 1 or 2 days off, depending on recovery, etc.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I catch up by missing rest days etc #yolo

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
I never miss a workout. But I do miss days. I often actually just take an additional day off when needed. I don't see any point in hitting a muscle or doing a workout when I'm not 100% ready to go hard. Because of this, I don't really have a set schedule for my workouts. I have a 4-day split and I train the next workout when I get in the gym. But week to week that could be different days, and a different number of workouts.

For instance, I had workouts on Friday and Saturday and I am feeling good now and probably will be tomorrow - so I will have my 3rd workout on Monday. If I feel ready on Tuesday, I will have the 4th, if not I may hit it Wednesday. After I do the 4th, I may take 1 or 2 days off, depending on recovery, etc.
Good strategy.

Listen to the body; don't obsess over weekday names.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't worry about it and just pick up what I was going to do that day the next day I go. Stressing about such things won't keep you successful in the long run.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I don't worry about it and just pick up what I was going to do that day the next day I go. Stressing about such things won't keep you successful in the long run.
I do similar to this

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Same but if I'm really short on days I skip arm workouts. If I have the energy I hit a few sets when I do shoulders that way I didnt skip. Most I can do in a week is 5 workouts and the least is 4 days.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This.

Dont attach workouts to days, just do the workout you missed on the next day available.

NBD

Jjbballs

Jjbballs

Awards
Just count that as your rest day and hit the workout hard as **** the next day. Rest days are not always a bad thing

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If I miss a workout, I'll try to make it up as soon as possible or add it to my next workout. I'm a total OCD person so everything has to be even. When I use to train 2 uppers and 2 lowers, I always made sure to make it even. I would feel horrible if I did 2 uppers and 1 lower or vice versa. Sooooo weird!

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I hit everything twice a week. Sometimes this means doing like a full body one day

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I usually just try to hit it light my next workout. So if i miss arms day and chest is the next day i will do chest and then hit arms quick afterwards so everything stays on track and i still get that muscle group in that week.

MindWarrior

MindWarrior

Awards
Do you say oh well and just hit the muscle group the next time you are supposed to?

Or do you hit the muscle group as soon as you possibly can?

Or maybe do a "hybrid workout" to hit it and the other muscles you are supposed to be doing that day?

Just curious what people do.
Hit the next work out with all you got then rest for a few hours then hit hard again!

ITHURTZ

ITHURTZ

Awards
  • Established
If I happen to miss a day (doesnt really happen), I dont worry about it that day comes back again next week.

papersteroid

Awards
If I miss any workout, I don't feel worry I'll make up it in my diet chart. And it will be continued from next workout days.

compudog

compudog

Awards
Depends on the workout. I try to get my bench, squat, and dl workouts in every week. I lift 5 days a week so that means I can miss 2 days (OHP & farmer's) without having a huge impact on my training schedule, which actually makes it pretty flexible.