Another split question

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Training experience: 2 1/2years
Workouts per week: 4 (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, friday)
Goal: Hit each muscle twice per week

Tried the upper/lower split but the upper day it's just too long.. so I usually do push/pull (legs split in between) and I quite enjoy it.

Are there any good alternatives?

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
I did this for a long time and had great results...

Monday: legs (quads, hams and calfs)
Tuesday: chest, shoulders (front and side)and tris
Wednesday: off
Thursday: back,bis and rear delt
Friday: off
Saturday: body run through (1-2sets for every body part for 10-20reps) not heavy weight just for pump.
Sunday: off

So there are only 3 real workout day there but the "run through" day really made me feel much better about it. Gave great pump and helped me got over muscle pains faster. I call it a run through cuz the hole body should take about 1hr to 1.5 at the most

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Humm.. Full body workouts aren't my favorites.. I usually do it on deloading and can't work at my best each bodypart

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Humm.. Full body workouts aren't my favorites.. I usually do it on deloading and can't work at my best each bodypart
Yes the full is a type of Deload, it's active rest...

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
5/3/1 and many of its variations. it is 4 days a week and allows you to hit things about twice a week.

LDubs

LDubs

Awards
5/3/1 and many of its variations. it is 4 days a week and allows you to hit things about twice a week.
5/3/1 is basically an upper/lower type setup. Unless you mix up your assistance so you're doing lower body stuff on one of the press days or something similar

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I really like the upper/lower split and the 5/3/1. I was able to work everything once a week, but since you're trying to work it twice a week, it'll be harder to find a good one. Maybe add another day for a whole body circuit training?