Possibly a stupid question...Training with a hoodie...

Shin Sprints

Awards
Just curious if there is any benefit in training with a hoodie to induce increase in body temperature and sweat?

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Unless your aim is to dehydrate to meet a weigh-in requirement, no

Shin Sprints

Awards
Thanks. No, no weight considerations. Just looking to drop a couple of % bf to get back down to around 10%.

Christmas holiday and then flu has me feeling out of shape.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Dehydrating yourself will not effect BF% at all, and of you just want a quick weight drop go low carb

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

danielcho

Awards
Just curious if there is any benefit in training with a hoodie to induce increase in body temperature and sweat?
It's mental. Some people just need to break a sweat to feel "warmed up." That's why a lot of people only wear it at the start.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
It's mental. Some people just need to break a sweat to feel "warmed up." That's why a lot of people only wear it at the start.
Yeah I always wondered if it's bad to NOT sweat the entire workout.

I lift hard but don't usually sweat unless the ambient temperature is high.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
If you don't find yourself sweating as much, just means you are more conditioned now. Could simply up the intensity if you want to sweat more but we are lifting weights not having a contest on who sweats the most. Train smart, eat smart, rest smart.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I barely sweat. These guys already gave some good input. You might try a fat burner, along with a carb cycling program. FinaFlex and Myokem have good fat burners. I'm currently logging the Finaflex one and wrote a review on the short time I used MyoKem's Pyroxamine.
Here is a link for carb cycling
http://www.cutandjacked.com/Carb-Cycling-Made-Easy
Here is a link for MyoKem's Pyroxamine
http://anabolicminds.com/forum/product-review/255917-pyroxamine-60-capsules.html
There is a link in my signature for Finaflex
I hope this helps

Shin Sprints

Awards
Thanks all.

Sometimes I sweat, sometimes I don't...I have never really cared, I was only wondering from an accelerated fat loss if the increase in body temperature had any thermo affect.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Unless your aim is to dehydrate to meet a weigh-in requirement, no
Yes! Good post.

It is often said that sweating is a result of increased fat loss - thats not true. It may be happening simultaneously but sweat is simply your body regulating temperature.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I hardly sweat. 20 mins in the sauna and nothing. An hour and a half of Muay Thai in a hoodie and I'm barely perspiring. I wish I could sweat more.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Put your sweatshirt on and hoodie up so less people try and talk to you. My biggest positive for it lol

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
I like wearing my hoodie until I feel sufficiently warmed up. I generally wear it for squats as I love wrapping the bar up in the hood for some reason. I have also found that when I wear the hood up to focus, people tend to respect that much more than just the headphones.

If you really feel the need to sweat at the gym, try going with a bit of a hangover. Worked for me yesterday. LOL

PILL

Awards
I like wearing my hoodie until I feel sufficiently warmed up. I generally wear it for squats as I love wrapping the bar up in the hood for some reason. I have also found that when I wear the hood up to focus, people tend to respect that much more than just the headphones.

If you really feel the need to sweat at the gym, try going with a bit of a hangover. Worked for me yesterday. LOL
Same here. I feel like it helps me get my body warmed up a little quicker. Its probably all in my mind anyways.