Slingshot disappointed

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
Got my slingshot in the other day, took nearly double the about of time to receive from what they said it would take. When asked for a refund on shopping due to this I got the run around. One of the first things I noticed was it was made in Pakistan not the US. After very minimal use, 3 working sets spread across 2 days, the corner seam is already starting to kick the bucket. I'm disappointed in both the customer service and cheap quality. As far as doing what it says that is true, got a few extra reps out of it, however from the seam already giving way there's no telling how long it'll be around.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That totally sucks. I didn't care for it.

scope75

scope75

Awards
  • Established
I have an older slingshot and it's still working just as good as the day I got it and I bought it used too.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I have a lot of different items in the blue (least durable) material. Yeah, I've had elastic pop out on it and some material stretch, but it all still does what I bought it for and that's all that really matters. I also have a maddog and that sucker looks the same as it did day one and I've had it for a year and a half.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I've had mine for about 16 month and so far I noticed a little Sean eat too just like you mentioned, still works okay at the moment though... Fingers crossed. It's a shame because like you also said, it does what it's supposed to.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'd request a replacement. Otherwise, I've heard nothing but good about them.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
I have a lot of different items in the blue (least durable) material. Yeah, I've had elastic pop out on it and some material stretch, but it all still does what I bought it for and that's all that really matters. I also have a maddog and that sucker looks the same as it did day one and I've had it for a year and a half.
that would explain it since I have the blue aswell, hopefully it stays together like urs has

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My blue has stayed together (so far). I don't press near as much as you or Herder, though.

Did you order from Mark Bell's website or another retailer?

A lot of the stuff I've gotten from Elite FTS was made in Pakistan, too. Oh well.

You could look into the Titan Ram. IMO it's a bit more durable than the slingshot. Plus, I believe it's US made.

SoupNaziNazi

Awards
My blue has stayed together (so far). I don't press near as much as you or Herder, though. Did you order from Mark Bell's website or another retailer? A lot of the stuff I've gotten from Elite FTS was made in Pakistan, too. Oh well. You could look into the Titan Ram. IMO it's a bit more durable than the slingshot. Plus, I believe it's US made.
yea I grabbed it from marks website. Just thought it would be nice to have god forbid an injury occurred as a rehab tool or add it in at the end of a workout here or there