Critique my routine

KCPreki11

Awards
  • Established
I'm having a hard time grasping the less is better concept but am willing to try it. This is for my up coming cutting routine. Cardio will be performed 5 days a week, possibly 6.

Monday

Bench Press
Side shoulder Raises - laying into an incline bench
Front shoulder Raises
Incline Bench
Biceps
abs

Tuesday

Pull ups
Lower Back Rows
Upper Back Rows
Squat

Wednesday

Cardio
abs

Thursday

Military Press
Decline Bench
Seated straight out shoulder raises
Chest Butterflies
Triceps

Friday

SLDL
Calf raises
Deadlift
Shrugs
abs

Thanks.

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
personally, i think it sucks

1. your first day goes chest/should/shoulder/chest and it should good chest/chest/shoulder/shoulder

2 your squats should be first not last

3. too much chest and shoulders in one week, two day break for chest is not enough, chest needs at least 4 day break

4. deadlifts should be first

keep your core/compund movements first and the iso at the end. remember is not quantity, its quality:whip:

ohh yea and either do bis and back on the same day or space them apart. you have bis, then back the very next day

skoal

Awards
You're all over the place with your muscle groups. The order of exercises is not very good. On day one you do chest, then shoulders, then back to chest. Try

Day 1 - Legs
Day 2 - Off
Day 3 - Chest and Tri's
Day 4 - off
Day 5 - back and bi's
Day 6 - Shoulders
Day 7 - off

KCPreki11

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate your help. I switched Incline with Squat. How does this look now?

MONDAY
Bench
Squat
Weighted Dips
Butterflies
Abs
Cardio

TUESDAY
Side Raises - lying into an incline bench
Front raises
Military Press
Seated Straight Out raises
Tris
Cardio

WEDNESDAY
Abs
HIIT

THURSDAY
Incline
SLDL
Calves
Deadlift
Shrugs

FRIDAY
Pull Ups
Lower Back Rows
Upper Rows
Bis
Abs
Cardio

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
its still looks pretty messed up to me. If you can do squats and deads in the same dead, then your not working hard enough on either of them. Put them on seperate days and space them apart a couple days.

KCPreki11

Awards
  • Established
Undertaker, I changed it up. What do you think now?

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
I don't know much about cardio, since I was born with a body that doesnt require it at all to stay at a low bf... BUT
shouldnt you NOT do cardio after a weight-training session?

Kinda weird seeing squats and benches on the same day... I do that, but I'm using a HST routine and it calls for it...
Why dont you do something simple first and then ramp up the volume if its not enough for you?

day 1 - chest/shoulders
day 2 - back
day 3 - off
day 4 - arms
day 5 - legs
day 6 - off
day 7 - off

on off-days, try cardio on those days, and then on 2 days of on-days, but in the morning before you eat (like we're supposed to)

Incline DB/BB Press 3-4x8 (or alt with flat or decline)
Chest-isolation of some sort for 2-3 sets
Arnold Press 3x8
Straight shoulder press DB 2-3x8
Front-delt raises or Dumbell Pullovers 3x8
Lat Raises 1-2x8

sample chest/shoulder day... none of it to failure, all volume stuffs

KCPreki11

Awards
  • Established
Bean I appreciate your input, let me explain a couple of factors that limit me. First your right, I do have a body that requires cardio at least 4 days a week. On my last successful cut I was doing 10 minutes of HIIT in the morning and 30 minutes of bike cardio after weight traning 5 days a week. Secondly, the way my schedule is set up I need to do cardio right after lifting. I squat and bench on the same day because a knowledgeable friend of mine told me squatting and benching in the same workout helps build the chest even more because with squatting you inhale on the way down and exhale on the way up and it helps to build your chest. Hope it makes sense.

Bean

Bean

Ectomorph man
Awards
  • Established
interesting... i'm making nice gains with the HST program so far...
thus far the chest definition has increased rather dramatically... and RIGHT after squats and stiff-leg deadlifts is chest work... so i wonder if this is having any effect...

hmm
i'll have to do more research on that idea... also might want to hear from Bobo (the man) on that... he'll give you a definite answer too

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
-MVP- Training Forum 5
-MVP- Training Forum 8
P.brow17 Training Forum 4
Workout Logs 0
Training Forum 8