Bicep Development

Ianj66

Ianj66

Awards
Alright so I'm not going to be one of those guys that ask if there is a way to lengthen your biceps. I know there is not and I am aware that I was a short head tie in, (damn genetics). I was just wondering if eventually they would look full and developed just hanging at my sides. Ive tried searching for a picture or a reference to a developed relaxed short head tie in but cannot find one. Any help would be appreciated.

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
I know what you mean, try to fully extend on the negative movement of the exercise. Throw in a super set at the end of each bicep exercise too, especially if only working that muscle 1x/week, depending on your routine

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
And also I would recommend doing all rep ranges from 5-20 rep on biceps, but not on everyday. I would say alternate repetition ranges per week or per workout

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Focus on your back training and biceps will follow. BUT make sure you are also doing some supplemental biceps training. You don't need to do a ton of sets for biceps. Make sure you're doing a full range of motion (very important).

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Like I said before unless you are a competitive Bodybuilder biceps are a waste.If you are just a guy who wants to be huge hit them triceps.Try barbell and concentration curls and make sure you fully extend at the negatives

Ianj66

Ianj66

Awards
Focus on your back training and biceps will follow. BUT make sure you are also doing some supplemental biceps training. You don't need to do a ton of sets for biceps. Make sure you're doing a full range of motion (very important).
Ive always focused on my back and I row like its my job, and I always figured the biceps would be forced to develop to keep up but my back is years past my arms.

Ianj66

Ianj66

Awards
Like I said before unless you are a competitive Bodybuilder biceps are a waste.If you are just a guy who wants to be huge hit them triceps.Try barbell and concentration curls and make sure you fully extend at the negatives
I do compete, that's my concern. I mean don't get me wrong, my biceps are not terrible, I just feel that they could be better and I am always trying to tweak my diet and training to optimize results, so my biceps being my weak point I need to bring them up so they don't bring me down.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I do compete, that's my concern. I mean don't get me wrong, my biceps are not terrible, I just feel that they could be better and I am always trying to tweak my diet and training to optimize results, so my biceps being my weak point I need to bring them up so they don't bring me down.
In that case,you should focus on barbell curls,make sure you go way low on the negatives for longer,thicker biceps

Ianj66

Ianj66

Awards
I see a guy in the gym every day and his arms are massive, looks well conditioned so im sure he competes. The dude does preachers and dips, every single day. I am a believer in solid rest for gains but his results are hard to argue with. im about to just start doing that to FORCE some growth

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Despite what a lot of people say, genetics play a major role. Major.

If you have a part that's lagging that much, prioritize it in your workout regimen. Don't overdo it with way too much volume though.

It took me years to finally understand how my body responds to exercise. Some people may figure it out for themselves earlier than that, and some people may never figure it out.

amarula

Awards
Despite what a lot of people say, genetics play a major role. Major.

If you have a part that's lagging that much, prioritize it in your workout regimen. Don't overdo it with way too much volume though.

It took me years to finally understand how my body responds to exercise. Some people may figure it out for themselves earlier than that, and some people may never figure it out.
Exactly, carefull with volume because your elbows may suffer..

Rarchib

Rarchib

Awards
I have the same issue. High insertions make for great peaks but cause a lack of thickness. I've found hitting the brachialis can help to create a more thicker look. RG Preachers, incline hammers, RG barbell curls. Do some direct forearm work as well.