Monday: chest & tris
Tuesday: back, bi's, traps & shoulders
Wednesday: legs
Thursday: rest
Friday: tri's & bi's & forearms
Saterday: legs
Sunday: rest !

Anything wrong with that split?
So much work on Monday and Tuesday. I would move shoulders to one of your leg days.. Especially given you hit chest and tris the day before shoulders... Ur shoulder work will take a hit you won't be fully recovered

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
Okay what should my split be if I have lagging delts and chest?

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
Thanks for the great help! I started to think only no life trolls where on this site!

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I recommend an upper/lower/upper/lower split. Better recovery, less rest days, more frequency for more results.

A

AnaBrolicHK

Awards
My current split is:

Deadlifts, back, shoulders, biceps
OFF
Squats, leg work, chest, triceps
OFF
Repeat

With a definite focus on compound exercises (bench, ohp, bent rows, pullups)

I wouldnt bench and OHP on the same day. Hit shoulders on Wed and you can do triceps after.

A

AnaBrolicHK

Awards
Yup, low volume and higher intensity. Three sets of deads, then three sets of squats, leg extensions and leg curls.

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
How many sets per a body part?(currently I've been doin 3-4) If I bench press then hit tris does the bench press count as a tri exersize?

A

AnaBrolicHK

Awards
Close grip bench would be...I only do three sets each for tris and bis but it depends what works for you at the time. I'll add more volume if I stop progressing.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How many sets per a body part?(currently I've been doin 3-4) If I bench press then hit tris does the bench press count as a tri exersize?
3 to 4 sets per body part is great for beginners, but anyone with more than a years worth of training is going to need more than that to keep progressing, unless you're a power lifter maybe. The average number of sets for intermediates is around 15 to 20 sets.

zcol94

zcol94

Awards
  • Established
Upper/lower is where it's at, after making that switch I made more progress in 8 weeks than I had in the previous year
My split is
Chest power/ back hyper
Deadlift/legs
Off
Back power/chest hyper
Squat/legs
OHP/shoulders
Off

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
extremely vague question.

we also would need to know what exercises, how many sets, how many reps, and what percentage of your max?

what are your goals?

how long have you been lifting?

how long did you stick with your last program?

what was it?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
extremely vague question.

we also would need to know what exercises, how many sets, how many reps, and what percentage of your max?

what are your goals?

what was it?
Judging by his other posts I'm guessing not much experience.

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
how many sets, how many reps, and what percentage of your max?

what are your goals?
Build muscle
3 years
Around a year
what was it?
I've been doing 3-4 sets 8-12 reps
My current split is full body with 2 days rest inbetween

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
What's your diet like? I think a lot of folks focus on frequency and volume, but you gotta have a good ass diet to be focusing on hitting legs and shoulders twice a week. Just saying. We grow lagging parts by working them more, but also by focusing on recovery more. Diet, rest, stretching, massage, etc.

My diet is 3000cals atleast with a **** ton of protien

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
how many sets, how many reps, and what percentage of your max do you plan on using for the current plan?

What exercises do you plan on using and in what order?

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
how many sets, how many reps, and what percentage of your max do you plan on using for the current plan?

What exercises do you plan on using and in what order?
Already answered how many sets and reps idk what the percentage of my max means and I use a bench press barbell EZ bar and Dumbbells

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The first thing I think asooneyeonig is trying to establish if what are your weights on the major lifts? Squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press. Given that you've been training for 3 years and are only doing 3 -4 sets, you probably stopped making gains about a year ago, maybe longer. After a year to 2 years of serious lifting you would need to increase your volume to continue to make progress whether it be for size or strength. And personally I feel that full body workouts don't build the maximum amount of muscle possible unless you're on AAS/PHs or you're genetically gifted for synthesis. My current split looks like so:

Day 1 - Quads/Calves
Day 2 - Chest/Delts/Tris
Day 3 - Hamstrings/Calves
Day 4 - Lats/Traps/Bis

You can throw in rest days when ever you'd like but I've gone 3 weeks straight on this split multiple times with no signs of overtraining what so ever.

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
Yeah I've stayed at my 180lbs for a while but I've been making gains resently

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
How often do you increase your weights? How often do you go to failure? Do you perform heavy compounds before anything else?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I shoulda said this im 16 and I'm 5"6
Oh jeezus, that would have made a huge difference from the beginning.

This may sound stupid but I'm being very serious, have you gone through puberty yet? It will make a difference in your training style.

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
What do u mean go to failure? Like a burnout set?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Failure=Lifting a weight until you can no longer lift it

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Then why are you worried about your spilt?

My coach has me doing:

M- back & BI & abs
T- chest & Tri & calves
W- shoulders & traps & forearms
Th- Quads/Hamstrings

1 day rest. Start the spilt over after legs.

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
Haha at 16 hasn't everybody? ������ I hit puberty at 9 years old

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

My coach has me doing:

M- back & BI & abs
T- chest & Tri & calves
Th- Quads/Hamstrings

First, move the legs to Tuesday. Second, I would separate quads and hams. It's hard to give both groups they focus they fully need to maintain full progress, but just a suggestion. Third, move calves to leg day.

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards

My coach has me doing:

M- back & BI & abs
T- chest & Tri & calves
Th- Quads/Hamstrings

I'm not on a split and I want to try something new

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
First, move the legs to Tuesday. Second, I would separate quads and hams. It's hard to give both groups they focus they fully need to maintain full progress, but just a suggestion. Third, move calves to leg day.
Ya I thought about that just to break up the upper body all the time, but I trust his guidance. I went to college with this guy and seen him work and grow over the last 4 years. He doesn't hold a pro card for no reason.

I used to split the quads and hams but he said it's really not necessary. This guy has some of the biggest legs I've ever seen for his class. Dudes a freak. 5 npc shows in 2014 and got a pro card at 22 years old.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Ok, you are young and inexperienced. Your best bet is NOT to build your own program and stress out over a split.

Do a proven program that fits your goals. Do it for at least 6 months if not for over a year. Try something like PHAT or Westside for skinny bastards. Follow it exactly how it is written. The people that made these proven programs have decades more experience than either of us. It is proven as at least thousands of people have done the program and gotten results.

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
Ok, you are young and inexperienced. Your best bet is NOT to build your own program and stress out over a split.

Do a proven program that fits your goals. Do it for at least 6 months if not for over a year. Try something like PHAT or Westside for skinny bastards. Follow it exactly how it is written. The people that made these proven programs have decades more experience than either of us. It is proven as at least thousands of people have done the program and gotten results.
3 years is pretty experienced

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Subb'd

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Dude, he is giving you great advice. Thank you would be more appropriate.
A thank you is too much to ask for.... hes got 3 years of experience, who are we to give him advice

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
The first thing I think asooneyeonig is trying to establish if what are your weights on the major lifts? Squat, bench, deadlift, overhead press. Given that you've been training for 3 years and are only doing 3 -4 sets, you probably stopped making gains about a year ago, maybe longer. After a year to 2 years of serious lifting you would need to increase your volume to continue to make progress whether it be for size or strength. And personally I feel that full body workouts don't build the maximum amount of muscle possible unless you're on AAS/PHs or you're genetically gifted for synthesis. My current split looks like so:

Day 1 - Quads/Calves
Day 2 - Chest/Delts/Tris
Day 3 - Hamstrings/Calves
Day 4 - Lats/Traps/Bis

You can throw in rest days when ever you'd like but I've gone 3 weeks straight on this split multiple times with no signs of overtraining what so ever.
Thank you
I was planning on saying Thx I wasn't in range I didn't have enough time to finish my post

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

GAINZZ4DAYZZ

Banned
Awards
Thank you everyone didn't meen to come off as a dick haha

A

AnaBrolicHK

Awards
5x5 is not for powerlifters ;) read up on it!

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
5x5 has many variations:
stronglifts
madcow
texas method
bill star

they all work

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Monday: chest & tris
Tuesday: back, bi's, traps & shoulders
Wednesday: legs
Thursday: rest
Friday: tri's & bi's & forearms
Saterday: legs
Sunday: rest !

Anything wrong with that split?
drop out one leg workout and workout EOD IMO. better growth and recovery. go heavy, but have more rest IMO. i workout 2-3 times a week and found it was better then when I went 5 days a week. just an idea.

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
also i like "DC training" google it. I go longer though and lil more rep. but something along these lines is nice.