Lagging Triceps

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Now that I'm nearing the end of my cutting I realized how much my tri's are actually lagging.My chest,back and legs grow awesome,my shoulders don't require alot of work and I don't even train bi's anymore as they are my least favorite muscle and they get plenty during back workouts.I love triceps but they arw lagging

In late Januarie/Early February I'm starting a Dbol and Test cyp cycle.Could I train my triceps on a monday aswell as on a friday (two times a week) or would this be overtraining?

I will sleeping 8-10 hours and eating 3-4k cals a day.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Saying you'll train them two days a week doesn't mean anything when it comes to "overtraining" Much will depend on the volume and intensity those two days.

But, they're not CNS taxing lifts so I wouldn't even worry about it. You'll be fine.(unless you're maxing out close grip bench 2x a week repeatedly)

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Saying you'll train them two days a week doesn't mean anything when it comes to "overtraining" Much will depend on the volume and intensity those two days.

But, they're not CNS taxing lifts so I wouldn't even worry about it. You'll be fine.(unless you're maxing out close grip bench 2x a week repeatedly)
I am pretty experienced,but I get easily worried about these things,I was thinking something like this:
MONDAY:
Skull crushers 1 warm up set of 25
Skull crushers 3 sets 10 reps
French press 3 sets 10 reps
Tricep ropw ext. Fst 7

FRIDAY:
Tricep rope ext 1 warmup set of 25
Tricep rope ext 3 sets 10 reps
French press 3sets 10 reps
Skull crushers 3 sets 10 reps

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Change the reps/set when increasing training frequency. Meaning one workout should be hypertrophy focused. The other could be more focused on strength and power, higher intensity. Or one could be high volume the other lower. In either case varying your workouts will absolutely boost your gains.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Change the reps/set when increasing training frequency. Meaning one workout should be hypertrophy focused. The other could be more focused on strength and power, higher intensity. Or one could be high volume the other lower. In either case varying your workouts will absolutely boost your gains.
So basically a "pump day" and a "work day"

M

max d

Awards
  • Established
The only time I have ever expereinced over training is from doing deads twice a week near max effort and a **** ton of volume. If u want to bring up a lagging body part you need to hit it as many times as possible. Maybe try hitting them 3 or 4 x week. That's what I did whith calves and it worked for me. I did them every other day and gained a half an inch in like 3 months... Which is big for me considering I've been lifting for about 17 yrs.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
The only time I have ever expereinced over training is from doing deads twice a week near max effort and a **** ton of volume. If u want to bring up a lagging body part you need to hit it as many times as possible. Maybe try hitting them 3 or 4 x week. That's what I did whith calves and it worked for me. I did them every other day and gained a half an inch in like 3 months... Which is big for me considering I've been lifting for about 17 yrs.
Wow that's alot of training for a tricep

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
4x a week for something you want to bring up is good advice. I do some form of row and pulldown or pullup every time I'm in the gym trying to keep my back strong.

A good example I've seen is Matt Wenning, who benches 606 with a close grip. He does 500 reps of triceps every week. He does upper body twice a week, and right after his benching, he does a heavy tricep with 3-5 sets of 3-6 reps for strength, then two or three exercises with 3-5 sets of 12-20 reps for a pump and mass. I've been working toward that myself with good results.

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
Then I will give it a go,thanks for the great advice

D

Draino

Awards
I swear when i read the first post that was the exact same as me lol. I just hit an hdrol cycle and i was hitting triceps every 72 hours and I saw great results. I also hit legs twice a week on the cycle (both days starting with squats then one day focusing hams one day focusing quads)

Sometimes I only gave them 48 hours rest. I feel like it takes a lot to overtrain a small muscle like tricep..

jakz

jakz

Awards
  • Established
I swear when i read the first post that was the exact same as me lol. I just hit an hdrol cycle and i was hitting triceps every 72 hours and I saw great results. I also hit legs twice a week on the cycle (both days starting with squats then one day focusing hams one day focusing quads)

Sometimes I only gave them 48 hours rest. I feel like it takes a lot to overtrain a small muscle like tricep..
So basically training them 3x a week with lots of volume while on cycle will bring them up

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have the same problem except it's my biceps, tri's are good bi's not so good. About a year ago I added an additional bicep day every week and it is helping.
Back and Bi's on Tuesday
Bi's and Forearms Friday

D

Draino

Awards
So basically training them 3x a week with lots of volume while on cycle will bring them up
I trained high volume on the days where I knew they were going to have 72 hours rest. If they were going to only have 48 hours (training them monday and wednesday) I would do light weight high reps.

I would say I got very good results from this.
My triceps seem to recover rather quickly as it is. On cycle I would imagine they recover even faster.

S

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
4x a week for something you want to bring up is good advice. I do some form of row and pulldown or pullup every time I'm in the gym trying to keep my back strong.

A good example I've seen is Matt Wenning, who benches 606 with a close grip. He does 500 reps of triceps every week. He does upper body twice a week, and right after his benching, he does a heavy tricep with 3-5 sets of 3-6 reps for strength, then two or three exercises with 3-5 sets of 12-20 reps for a pump and mass. I've been working toward that myself with good results.
Do you happen to know where i could get a sneak peak at his training?

S

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Him and his gym (ludus magnus?) post a lot on IG.

As for how Herder knows everything? Mystery.
I follow him just wondering if there is a layout somewhere.

Mystery lol

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

I like that. A couple sets for strength and then acouple for pump and mass. haha

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established