pilates

wimpy

Awards
so i went to pilates class at the gym this afternoon. i know what your thinking, and no, doing pilates does not make you gay. you are thinking of yoga.

i dare anyone one this board, the bigger the better, to go try it. think you are in shape? wrong. you won't even be able to hold a stupid rubber ball up in the air with your legs by the end. you sissy...

try it. i dare you, tough guy.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
so i went to pilates class at the gym this afternoon. i know what your thinking, and no, doing pilates does not make you gay. you are thinking of yoga.

i dare anyone one this board, the bigger the better, to go try it. think you are in shape? wrong. you won't even be able to hold a stupid rubber ball up in the air with your legs by the end. you sissy...

try it. i dare you, tough guy.
Doing pilates does make you gay... Doing yoga just does it quicker.

You're a damned bodybuilder not an endurance athlete, why work out like one :D Worse yet, pilates focuses a lot on isometric strength which is pretty much useless (except in the core muscles).

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Use yoga when cutting..the rate of fat burn off is freaky. Plus you'll avoid becoming one of those powerlifters/BBers who can't wipe their own asses.

Think of it as DC style forced stretching while watching hot chicks sweat and moan.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Use yoga when cutting..the rate of fat burn off is freaky. Plus you'll avoid becoming one of those powerlifters/BBers who can't wipe their own asses.

Think of it as DC style forced stretching while watching hot chicks sweat and moan.
:lol: yes there is that. The problem is that the type of guy that goes to a yoga class trying to pick up chicks is usually the type of guy that couldn't "pick up" a cardboard cutout.

I still maintain that any "strength" (actually strength endurance) yoga or pilates develop is pretty much useless (being isometric strength). Where else are you going to have to hold an awkward position without moving for several minutes at a time...

glenihan

Awards
  • Established
Where else are you going to have to hold an awkward position without moving for several minutes at a time...
clearly you were never a teenager who had to run from the cops and hide where ever possible lol

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
I don't use it for strength or endurance actually..and really I hardly ever do it except when I feel really beat up. It is however supremely effective at loosening up tight muscles, tendons and connective tissues. You'll be stretching muscles you never knew you had and the result is better posture, bloodflow and avoidance of injuries.

A smart athelete uses all the tools possible to maintain and enhance what's there.

size

Awards
  • Established
I do yoga usually 4 times a week. Laugh at yoga all you like, but it is very difficult. Yoga is a very healthy form of exercise. I have developed a much better mind to muscle connection from yoga, drastically increased flexiblity, and feel better overall.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I do yoga usually 4 times a week. Laugh at yoga all you like, but it is very difficult. Yoga is a very healthy form of exercise. I have developed a much better mind to muscle connection from yoga, drastically increased flexiblity, and feel better overall.
I get the same benefits from mauy thai kickboxing (not that cardio crap). I also get the added benefit of not just looking scary, but being fully able to walk the walk :D

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
I get the same benefits from mauy thai kickboxing (not that cardio crap). I also get the added benefit of not just looking scary, but being fully able to walk the walk :D

I do pilates and yoga 3-4 times a week and I was a kickboxer (kongo do, not that pussy mua thai bullshit) for over two years and I've been training in Ju-jitsu for close to 5years now. Walking the walk eh? :twisted:

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I do pilates and yoga 3-4 times a week and I was a kickboxer (kongo do, not that pussy mua thai bullshit) for over two years and I've been training in Ju-jitsu for close to 5years now. Walking the walk eh? :twisted:
Now imagine doing martial arts training an extra 3-4 times a week. As for jj/bjj, practice with some wrestlers man, all the bjj fighters I meet want to start off from the guard - bad idea.

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
Use to wrestle in high school thats how I got interested in the grappling arts first off. Yea some schools do only ground fighting our philosophy is if you cant fight standing up you may never make it to the ground alive. I couldnt imagine it without Yoga and Pilates now, they not only work on core strength but body alignment and flexibility as well. Maybe you should give one of them a try before completely dismissing them as bunk exercises that make you gay.
Weird thing is about 5 or 6 years ago I would have agreed with you but as I get older and my body sounds like a symphony of cracking joints as I roll out of bed, my mindset is more on total fitness than just size or strength. Either way rock on :cheers:

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
i am gonna have to agree with both sides of this agrument here. Is yoga and pilates for homos? yes. (for the most part) But, though I dont know much about, I have heard the benefits are of both are unending.

Beelzebub

Beelzebub

Awards
  • Established
i'll still kick you in the shin and run like a little girl, talking **** the whole way. :whip:

size

Awards
  • Established
I have met many women via yoga and enjoyed personal sessions of yoga with them. Sounds like fun to me. :D

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
I have met many women via yoga and enjoyed personal sessions of yoga with them. Sounds like fun to me. :D
I still think that for a guy who can pick up chicks in a yoga class there are easier hunting grounds, but I'd happily do a lot of those yoga chick :D

wimpy

Awards
I still maintain that any "strength" (actually strength endurance) yoga or pilates develop is pretty much useless (being isometric strength). Where else are you going to have to hold an awkward position without moving for several minutes at a time...
where else am I going to have to do any powerlifting?

"quick, i need someone to clean and jerk this big ass heavy pole with weights on the end..."

like i said, try it. then come back and tell us about it, tough guy.

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established

"quick, i need someone to clean and jerk this big ass heavy pole with weights on the end..."

:lol: getting all fiesty! I'd like to see someone who does pilates/yoga pick a 200lb person over their head, load an office desk into a van by themselves or pick the back of a truck up so someone can put the wheels on blocks :D

As for being able to complete a yoga/pilates class, I could do a yoga class in my sleep (with the exception of stupid poses like scorpion which only yoga teachers can do anyhow), but I think I lack the required vaginal muscles to do some of the movements in pilates, so you may be right about not being able to complete a class of that :rofl:

ironviking

The Axe Man Cometh!!
Awards
  • Established
:lol: getting all fiesty! I'd like to see someone who does pilates/yoga pick a 200lb person over their head, load an office desk into a van by themselves or pick the back of a truck up so someone can put the wheels on blocks :D

As for being able to complete a yoga/pilates class, I could do a yoga class in my sleep (with the exception of stupid poses like scorpion which only yoga teachers can do anyhow), but I think I lack the required vaginal muscles to do some of the movements in pilates, so you may be right about not being able to complete a class of that :rofl:
Yea but the only way to ever get a taste of some of those pilates vaginal muscles is to do pilates. I'll take a pilates chick over a powerlifter chick any day. :thumbsup:

Oh yea, I dont know about lifting up the back of a truck but I know I can definitely lift a 200 pound person overhead.

size

Awards
  • Established
I'd like to see someone who does pilates/yoga pick a 200lb person over their head, load an office desk into a van by themselves or pick the back of a truck up so someone can put the wheels on blocks :D

As for being able to complete a yoga/pilates class, I could do a yoga class in my sleep (with the exception of stupid poses like scorpion which only yoga teachers can do anyhow)
Is there anything you can't do? You are just amazing. :rofl:

glenihan

Awards
  • Established

haha that's a pretty funny point

"Quick! can SOMEONE please squat my volkswagon beetle?? please dear god! can someone help!!?"

wimpy

Awards

:icon_lol: just fucking with you man, glad to see you have a sense of humor.

<taunt> i still say you can't do it.</taunt>

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
Is there anything you can't do? You are just amazing. :rofl:
Well, sometimes after a hard bench workout I need a spotter to wipe my ass :rofl: getting out of compact cars always prove to be a challenge too...

UNDERTAKER

Awards
  • Established
exhilio---you said your now 307lbs, your should post some pics in the pics section (not trying to be gay, just curious)

exnihilo

exnihilo

Awards
  • Established
exhilio---you said your now 307lbs, your should post some pics in the pics section (not trying to be gay, just curious)
I'm planning on it, I have to go visit my mother so I can "borrow" her digital camera for a while, heh.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Training Forum 0
Rhyno Training Forum 3
Training Forum 9
Training Forum 9