Good and proven workout programs

Juggernaut72

Awards
Hello.

Can you suggest good workout programs. I currently did 5x5 and need a little difference for 4-6 weeks.
I plan to test Follidrone and don't know which plan to follow? Strength based or more endurance type or
lots of volume or mix of everything. Which one do you recommend? If you have tried anything special
and it worked well let me know.

Thank you for answering.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Look into layne norton PHAT routine. Will cover all your bases and work well with folli

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You're looking to change your training for only 4-6 weeks?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Follidrone would work well in any program, but really shines in high volume programs.

Juggernaut72

Awards
Actually I am thinking of new workout that would suit for my competition which consists of 5 exercises (Bench press-Biceps curl-Squat-Pull ups-Dips) and all done 1 set till failure. But I need to gain strength for squat (150% bodyweight is used), but at the same time I need endurance as well. So for over 4 months I have done strength training and I am kind of stuck. And I think little over trained. Maybe some of you have done some kind of programs that have strength and endurance sets as well in it. Hope you understand and thanks for answers.

amarula

Awards
Actually I am thinking of new workout that would suit for my competition which consists of 5 exercises (Bench press-Biceps curl-Squat-Pull ups-Dips) and all done 1 set till failure. But I need to gain strength for squat (150% bodyweight is used), but at the same time I need endurance as well. So for over 4 months I have done strength training and I am kind of stuck. And I think little over trained. Maybe some of you have done some kind of programs that have strength and endurance sets as well in it. Hope you understand and thanks for answers.
Look onto Thibadeau's Built for Bad circuits program, it may suit your purposes

Juggernaut72

Awards
I looked into PHAT and Built for Bad both. Has anybody tried them? When I am gonna do the Thibadeau's, then I should change some exercises for my purposes. Right now it's like that:

Exercises:
Dead-Squat
Bench Press
High Pull
Military Press
Lat Pulldown
Circuits:
5 reps x 85%
4 reps x 87.5%
3 reps x 90%
2 reps x 95%
1 rep x 100%

And for my competition I should do Bench-Curl-Squat-Pullup-Dips for those reps and percentages.

Has anyone tried this workout? And do you think this is beneficial for me with those exercises I chose?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
German volume training is part of the program I'm using now. 5/3/1 is also good, but slower gains.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
I'm currently using the Mountain Dog routine and love it!

Juggernaut72

Awards
German volume training is part of the program I'm using now. 5/3/1 is also good, but slower gains.

I did GVT before 5x5 and had nice endurance gains. Also have done 5/3/1 in the past, but yes gains were slower.

amarula

Awards
I looked into PHAT and Built for Bad both. Has anybody tried them? When I am gonna do the Thibadeau's, then I should change some exercises for my purposes. Right now it's like that:

Exercises:
Dead-Squat
Bench Press
High Pull
Military Press
Lat Pulldown
Circuits:
5 reps x 85%
4 reps x 87.5%
3 reps x 90%
2 reps x 95%
1 rep x 100%

And for my competition I should do Bench-Curl-Squat-Pullup-Dips for those reps and percentages.

Has anyone tried this workout? And do you think this is beneficial for me with those exercises I chose?
If you are going to do pullups in your competition, why don't you include them in the routine?

Juggernaut72

Awards
If you are going to do pullups in your competition, why don't you include them in the routine?
If you read my post then I said: "When I am gonna do the Thibadeau's, then I should change some exercises for my purposes." And I asked that if that workout would be beneficial with MY CHOSEN exercises (Bench-Curl-Squat-Pullups-Dips).

But anyway this circuit style training needs lots of free space in the gym and many barbells to use. Right now I don't have this kind of luxury.

travwj

travwj

Awards
  • Established
Have a look at OVT. It is a change to GVT, but it should help build strength as well. You can find an article on it at T Nation.