Knee pain.

mj121

Awards
Hi
I have been doing squats and lunges. Been focusing on getting my technique right for squats. Now I feel a bit of discomfort on the inside of my knee. Looked at a diagram and is around roughly where the tendon and cartilage is. Not 100% sure if its my knee cap or something else 100%.
Has anyone had this and what supplements would you recommend?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Knee pain is normal especially in bodybuilding. Get a good joint formula like flexible from foemutech or OT to help. When it's sharp pain then see a doctor

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
i second Formutech Flexible plus add some additional Super Cissus

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
With 95% certainty, I can tell you it's most likely a ham/quad strength imbalance. That's what leads to most knee tendinitis issues. Alternate focus on leg days, ham day, then quad day, and keep alternating. You should notice improvements in your lifts and in your knee pain.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another thing that will bug your knee aside from the overuse and imbalances mentioned is if your hip or ankle is out of whack. I know a guy who goes directly for the ankles and pelvis when people come to him with knee problems with good success. Try to have someone diagnose and fix the problem rather than slapping a supplement shop bandaid on it.

Jag

Jag

Awards
  • Established
Stick your bum out when you squat so your knees don't come past your feet. Like your going to sit down on a chair.

Walking lunges for me provided the least amount of pain as it's more of a natural movement. Pushing back off the front leg while doing stationary lunges can aggravate your knees.

Since i've added 1000mg of Curcumin / Piperine twice a day all my joints have been feeling much better.

papersteroid

Awards
Water work out, or strolling in the shallow end of a pool, are likewise eminent for muscle quality and knee adaptability. Since the body is light in water, it diminishes effect to almost zero as it makes you work somewhat harder to move.