Grip Training on Cycle

Frank1983

Awards
I'm getting ready to start a 6 week epi cycle. Besides a general goal of getting bigger and stronger, I was thinking about what is most lagging and how I can focus on that on cycle. So, my grip is by far my weak link. I have small wrists, small hands, and grip is my limiting factor when deadlifting. I deadlift, do heavy shrugs and farmers walks and arm training with fat gripz, etc. Its definitely improved since incorporating the fat gripz, but its the area I need the most focus on.

Cliffs:
I'd love to get some advice on how to use my epi cycle to really boost my grip strength.

HJH

Awards
Sounds like you are already doing everything you need to and are seeing results.

Frank1983

Awards
Awesome.
How long should I be doing my holds before moving up in weight? I somewhat arbitrarily chose 30 seconds. IE when I reach 30 seconds, I add 10 pounds.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Awesome. How long should I be doing my holds before moving up in weight? I somewhat arbitrarily chose 30 seconds. IE when I reach 30 seconds, I add 10 pounds.
Don't overthink it. Go for a certain amount of weight on some days and then for time on others.

HJH

Awards
Looks perfect to me. Keep at it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Forearms rollers and 45lbs plate pinches followed by gripped with your hands in a rice bucket. That will get your grip strength up and forearms burning. Superset those 3 for 4 sets.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like DB holds, but trying to raise your knuckles as high as you can. In other words try and touch your knuckles to the back of your forearms.