basic question

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
I am considering signing up for one of the plans. I think I could use a pro helping me move forward. The basic question is that I am not sure which direction to go. Two years ago I was a 6'2" 250 tub of total fat over 31% BF. Today after lots of martial arts cardio and light resistance training I am down to 185 and 17% BF (held at 14.5 for awhile)

So the question..........should I go for add muscle bulking and then cut down the BF? LOL I am so confused as to which way to go. I do want to add muscle but am terrified of fat. I dont want to stay a skinny fatman now though.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
I usually tell people to lose the fat first while holding on to whatever muscle you have. You actually learn to how to diet properly and see first hand what manipulation of a diet can do. Once you achieve a fairly good bf% then you can start with a clean bulk that can last for a very long time.

jcam222

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
What BF% would you recommend one get to before beginning the ongoing lean bulk? Are you accepting new clients yet? If so I would like to maybe send you a bit more detailed explanation of where I am , how I eat today, my current training and some limitations of it (i.e. must do a lot of intense cardio weekly as I teach it evenings now) availability of resistance equip and time I have to do it. I have 10 weeks to kick some ass in our little personal contest at the gym lol and am really frustrated as I have been in a holding pattern for at least a year with a recent slip in BF % upwards. I am glad to no longer be a total fat blob but now thats not good enough .......lol I suppose my sickness has began :)

Last edited:
ryansm

ryansm

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
It's not a sickness to get healthy and in shape. Motivation is always needed, and a plus.

Dwight Schrute

Dwight Schrute

I am faster than 80% of all snakes
Awards
  • Established
  • Legend!
What BF% would you recommend one get to before beginning the ongoing lean bulk? Are you accepting new clients yet? If so I would like to maybe send you a bit more detailed explanation of where I am , how I eat today, my current training and some limitations of it (i.e. must do a lot of intense cardio weekly as I teach it evenings now) availability of resistance equip and time I have to do it. I have 10 weeks to kick some ass in our little personal contest at the gym lol and am really frustrated as I have been in a holding pattern for at least a year with a recent slip in BF % upwards. I am glad to no longer be a total fat blob but now thats not good enough .......lol I suppose my sickness has began :)
Well personally I don't go over 12% year round but for most people I tell them to try to get to 8-12% then they can bulk successfully for a very long time.

If you want to talk about training then go to the website and the contact page and send me the info you want to share.