Chest

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Overall body is pretty even and getting bigger as time goes on. However confused as to what reps and sets should be for chest MASS. I been doing 5 sets about 12,5,12,5,maxout for most exercises. Its been working well but heard 5 sets of 5 or other low reps would be better. Advice please?!!!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Did the 6500 calories and steroids stop workin for ya? :D

And I revert back to my other advice of programming that I've given you in previous threads.

I still recommend following a program.

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Did the 6500 calories and steroids stop workin for ya? :D And I revert back to my other advice of programming that I've given you in previous threads. I still recommend following a program.
what program or sets and split do you think would help the most

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Everyone is different, but a program that has strength and hypertrophy days are the best IMO for overall like PHAT

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
Everyone is different, but a program that has strength and hypertrophy days are the best IMO for overall like PHAT
do you think doing a high rep chest day on monday then a low rep heavy day on thursday would be beneficial. I feel that would be the best

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
more than how intense, or how frequent, or with how much volume there are things that will help in the long run; consistency, recovery days, food intake, and sleep.

get those down. then get on a proven program for your goals. you want size, a good one is PHAT or 5/3/1 with BBB template. that way you dont have to worry about best, or better, or stress over anything. this will take care of the intensity, frequency, and volume questions for you. also, believe in the program. if you dont, you wont push hard enough and therefore won't get good results. most people blame the plan if they half ass the plan. half ass effort gives you half ass results, if any at all.

kBrown

kBrown

Awards
  • Established
do you think doing a high rep chest day on monday then a low rep heavy day on thursday would be beneficial. I feel that would be the best
What are your goals?

The most success can be found by finding 1 programming and sticking to it. Then adjusting that program after its completion to run it for another cycle.

I don't know your goals. but as a PL guy I would recommend the Cube

bigmacdaddy18

bigmacdaddy18

Awards
If you want to consistently grow you have to stim both muscle fibers.

Incline Press: 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 6
Flat Press: 4 x 10-12
Dips: 4 x 15
Flyes/Pec Deck: 4 x 20

Light/Heavy days are a waste of time IMO

ethan_wilde

ethan_wilde

Awards
What are your goals? The most success can be found by finding 1 programming and sticking to it. Then adjusting that program after its completion to run it for another cycle. I don't know your goals. but as a PL guy I would recommend the Cube
mass mass mass i want to fill in my chest

Attachments

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
You need to grow everything else to get a big chest. Eat, eat, eat.. And when you are done eating.. eat more.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
If you want to consistently grow you have to stim both muscle fibers. Incline Press: 15, 12, 10, 8, 6, 6 Flat Press: 4 x 10-12 Dips: 4 x 15 Flyes/Pec Deck: 4 x 20 Light/Heavy days are a waste of time IMO
How are they a waste? If a muscle recovers in 48hrs - 72hrs why not stimulate it more?

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
You need to grow everything else to get a big chest. Eat, eat, eat.. And when you are done eating.. eat more.
^This^ x2. So that makes eat eat eat eat eat eat eat eat.

bigmacdaddy18

bigmacdaddy18

Awards
I think bigger muscle groups might take longer to recover than others and ideally 48 hours is great but still a short window for micro-tears which can inhibit growth. I agree with you but most people hear "light ay" and think baby weights. Train hard every set and every rep no matter what the number. Rep 6 should be as heavy as rep 19.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
He eats 6500 cal a day he said a while back and he's also taking a prohormone.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ethan, I have ya some good links in your previous thread, man. Also some good advice here as well.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I think bigger muscle groups might take longer to recover than others and ideally 48 hours is great but still a short window for micro-tears which can inhibit growth. I agree with you but most people hear "light ay" and think baby weights. Train hard every set and every rep no matter what the number. Rep 6 should be as heavy as rep 19.
True, true. Time under tension is a if factor as well, can make light weights more trouble than heavy.

slayer01994

slayer01994

Awards
Eat eat eat is correct. Make sure you do tons of flys and fly machines if you want to build chest. flat incline decline flys.

Travenberger

Awards
From the pic the only supps he should be taking a protein and creatine. Looks to weigh about 125

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Pretty good advice in here all around.

Here's my opinion:

Stop worrying about what program you're using its a daunting task you'll continually get lost in and slow progress. Pick one and lift. Listen, when I was younger I was worried about this guys program or another guys advice etc etc ad nauseam. All of that was the biggest waste of my time, ever. You could legitimately do no brand new program, go into a gym and only squat, bench, do pull-ups and dips and grow. Similarly, you could do all of this at 3 sets of 10 and grow. As long as you're progressing. Keep adding weight or reps and you will grow, period.

Growing is your body adapting to the stimulus you present it with, nothing more. The workout is the stimulus and the food is the foundation for your body to be able to go through the adaptation process by building new tissue to be able to handle the new work it must do.

Don't focus on the minutiae, eat, track your workouts and beat your previous numbers

genthoseffect

genthoseffect

Awards
First off, make sure you are squatting and eating. I had a hard time getting my chest to respond until, based on the advise of an IFBB pro, I focused my chest training around 2 movements: weighted dips, and decline bb bench. Hit chest hard and heavy 2-3 times a week 3-5 sets ro failure each time and use those 2 exercises. Focus on increasing load and reps on your heaviest set. Keep rep range around 6-10

mgkoret

mgkoret

Awards
  • Established
Chest will grow as gains go up. But you won't be able to lift the weight without working those arms and back man.
Nice that you got some abs, but just eat good food, like a truck load, and lift. I gained a ton of mass in my chest (like fatty horrid looking chest to sick muscle chest) in about 4 months just eating and adding 10lbs and 2 reps every week. Low and slow, you'll get there