Which band?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Neither. Those will be far too light to do anything with your hips. Go with the grey average band. Can still do stuff with your shoulders with it as well.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Neither. Those will be far too light to do anything with your hips. Go with the grey average band. Can still do stuff with your shoulders with it as well.
I was concerned if I went any stiffer I wouldn't be able to do shoulder dislocations.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I was concerned if I went any stiffer I wouldn't be able to do shoulder dislocations.
Well, what exactly are you looking to do with bands besides dislocations? A mini is good for that, but not strong enough to do the majority of other crap.

For traction/distraction, stretching, ect, Id go with the averages.

Lights are good because they're easy to manipulate and can stretch your Hammies and what not, not so good for traction though.

For dislocations, pullaparts, hip abduction movements, pullaparts, I would go with a miniband.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I'll go with a mini and an average

Would you have a link showing what I could do with the average bands?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Mini and average is best for these. I use the mini for anything RC or upper back related and the average for anything hip or groin related. I use the average for dislocations as well since I've found it gives me a good idea on my humeral mobility by gauging how narrow I can go without pain.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Mini and average is best for these. I use the mini for anything RC or upper back related and the average for anything hip or groin related. I use the average for dislocations as well since I've found it gives me a good idea on my humeral mobility by gauging how narrow I can go without pain.
I was going to go this route. But now, I'm debating between the pro mini and the pro monster mini. The monster provides more tension, but would it be too much for the RC and upper back?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I was going to go this route. But now, I'm debating between the pro mini and the pro monster mini. The monster provides more tension, but would it be too much for the RC and upper back?
It's ok for facepulls, but it's a little too much for RC work or pullaparts.