2 weeks, 5 pound drop, keep all strength?

zach195

zach195

Awards
Hey guys, I've been lifting for a few years now, and like to think I have a solid grasp on the basis of exercise and nutrition, but I'm seeking advice of people who know much more then I do on here. I'm on deployment and just went on a <30g carb diet in the prep phase for carb backloading, well the post I'm on just announced a deadlift competition in 2 weeks, December 14th. I'm wanting to enter. Currently I know I can pull 435 easily at 190 pounds. The weight classes for the competition is 172-185 and 186-205. Ideally I would love to drop the 5 pounds, and still keep my 435 lift or even try to pull more, but I'm worried the sudden cut in 2 weeks would hurt my strength. I have a much better chance at placing in the lower weight class. I am currently running ostarine at 20mg pd. Any suggestions on how to cut the 5 pounds and still be at optimal strength? Keep the low carb or add in cardio? All advice is appreciated!

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
The advice I got before my 1st meet was pretty solid. Unless you are about to set records, don't sweat going through a cut, it's not worth it. Make the competition about you and your numbers. A 5 lb cut in 2 weeks is pretty do-able, but I wouldn't make any big changes to do it.
Just my quick opinion, best of luck man!!!

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
how far out its the weigh in from the show? 24 hour,12 or morning of the meet?

for me and most of the people iv trained 5lbs can be lost in less then 10hrs without trying. ie, say after 6pm no eatting or drinkin untill you get off scale then start pounding cards and liquid. your weight will be gone and cone back with little chage to the body. as long as you get sugar and carbs in you will not see any strength differances.

iv cut 14lbs in about 7hour (with a little help) then after the weigh ins i gained 16 back in 24hours. then went on to set 2 records at that meet. so 5 lbs is really no problem.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use to sleep in a trash bag and wake up and not eat or drink anything until i weigh in then replenish with water and carbs and i bet if you did that for one night it would be close to five pounds. hahah.

zach195

zach195

Awards
Thanks guys, and the weigh ins are 30 minutes prior to the competition

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Wow! 30min....

I would try to be the first person on the scale that will give you more time.

I know this is a little far-fetched and I'm sure you won't do it but I say drop the weights find a nurse have her spike you a bag and you'll be good to go.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Wow! 30min.... I would try to be the first person on the scale that will give you more time. I know this is a little far-fetched and I'm sure you won't do it but I say drop the weights find a nurse have her spike you a bag and you'll be good to go.
that would be, shall I say, ****îng epic

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't want to dismiss the question, but 5 lbs in 14 days with no strength loss is incredibly easy. Am I missing something here?

zach195

zach195

Awards
I don't want to dismiss the question, but 5 lbs in 14 days with no strength loss is incredibly easy. Am I missing something here?
No, I don't think you are, the question here is to enlighten me. The only way I would see it happenin is go no carb, which will have energy levels down=lose strength, or cut water weight which will leave me tired and dehydrated. That's why I'm asking, to see how, and what yall recommend.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Bro... Try this out and see.

Tomorrow, get up weigh yourself. Take your day as normal. Then after 6-7pm cut all food and drink. Get up next morning pee or poop do what ever you do then about 9am (what ever time the weigh ins will be) get on a scale and see where your at. After you get off the scale by all means eat and drink up.

5lbs is not alot to do. Btw, coffee will help expedite the water loss.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are many ways to do it, but one way to make it easy is to simply increase your daily fast similar to IF. That is how I would always start a cut and then cut back 250-500 cal a day, with an increase in fats. Also, you likely walk around with 5lbs of water weight every day so even without a diet change you could get there by dropping water before the weigh in and then supplement with liquids high in sodium in that short time afterwards. With your time frame, there are a lot of options truly. Be happy about that because a true cut (10-20lbs in a few days) sucks every bit of your physical and mental fortitude.

I will say to look into Amentoflavone because it is proving to be nothing short of amazing to aid in a cut.