Metabolic condition on off days

StatQuote

Awards
I currently do a 3x5 program similiar to SS, but I deadlift twice a weak in place of squats due to mobility issues from a broke leg 7 months ago.

I can't really do cardio aside from a bike, so I was thinking about just doing metabolic condition and other GPP on my off days. I need something to keep my heart rate down during lifting, because right now I am out of breath after every deadlift set lol.

Can I just do gpp 3x a week on my off days or would it be better to push it onto my workout days, then do cardio on my "off" days?

Right now I am eating ALOT. I am trying to get strong, this isn't for cutting. I want to get conditioned for PLing with strongman later on.

Right now I B/S/D 340/440/440 @ 245 lbs. Not impressive, but I have been progressing steadily with this routine over the last 3 months, just find myself lacking conditioning and don't know how to work it in.

compudog

compudog

Awards
I've been doing fasted cardio (6 A.M., before breakfast) 6 days a week since June, and my conditioning has improved a ton. I don't sweat when I do my lifting (mon/tue & thu/fri at 12:00 P.M.) except for leg days of course. I also do farmer's walk on Wed @ lunch time.

So to answer your question my advice is, if you work in your metabolic conditioning with your workouts that would probably be ok, but if you're going to do cardio I would try to schedule it for off days or at least at a different time of day. Reason being, 1/2 hour of cardio is not excessive, but it's pretty hard to put a decent effort in right after lifting, and not a great idea to do it right before lifting. If you're just going to do 15 min. or less of cardio, well, why bother but if that's how you want to do it then any time would probably be ok.

StatQuote

Awards
I would do cardio in the morning, but that is when I lift since I don't want to deadlift after sitting all day ha. I guess I will stick with GPP after lifting, then cardio on off days.

babjizzle

babjizzle

Awards
fasted cardio also works well for me. i do a high intensity cardio workout for 15 minutes every morning before breakfast and then hit the gym afterwards.