Let's See Your Home Gym

Page 5 of 6 First ... 3456 Last

1. Just started on my basement gym over Christmas.

2. @meltedbarrel Looks like you are of to a Great start!!
    TEAM GET DIESEL
    GET DIESEL NUTRITION | SINCE 2002 | GETDIESEL.COM

Use Code 'Rocket5' for 5% off at FeFiFo.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    @meltedbarrel Looks like you are of to a Great start!!
    Agreed, that's legit!

4. Nice sized area to workout!

5. Quote Originally Posted by meltedbarrel View Post
    Just started on my basement gym over Christmas.

Im confused...Blues, Cardinals, AND Blackhawks? Good looking set up though!
    Training log:

http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/267913-jswains-training-log.html
    •   

6. Name:  IMG_6694.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  379.7 KB

Not a lot of space there but make the best of it. I use a collapsible walker for dips and have a bar in the door for pull-ups. The dumbbells are every 5lbs up to 45 then 60,70,85,and finally got a pair of 100’s

7. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Ha! I get that a lot. I grew up in STL and my wife in Chicago. She is a Cardinals fan (hates Cubs, south side girl) but since she uses the basement to work out, thought I’d throw in a little something for her with the Blackhawks.

8. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by meltedbarrel View Post
    Ha! I get that a lot. I grew up in STL and my wife in Chicago. She is a Cardinals fan (hates Cubs, south side girl) but since she uses the basement to work out, thought I’d throw in a little something for her with the Blackhawks.
    Quote Originally Posted by meltedbarrel View Post
    Just started on my basement gym over Christmas.

Your dolls on the couch, or your training partners ??

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper9191 View Post
    Name:  IMG_6694.jpg
Views: 146
Size:  379.7 KB

Not a lot of space there but make the best of it. I use a collapsible walker for dips and have a bar in the door for pull-ups. The dumbbells are every 5lbs up to 45 then 60,70,85,and finally got a pair of 100’s
    It is more important to use what you have, and it looks like you are making good use of the space !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL

9. Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    Your dolls on the couch, or your training partners?
    My 7 year old daughter comes downstairs and workouts with me doing band exercises and squats. I’m hoping it catches on with her a bit as she gets older, but for now, its a bit of working out then playing with the dolls.

10. Quote Originally Posted by meltedbarrel View Post
    My 7 year old daughter comes downstairs and workouts with me doing band exercises and squats. I’m hoping it catches on with her a bit as she gets older, but for now, its a bit of working out then playing with the dolls.
    I have 2 daughters, I knew the answer before typed it !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL

11. Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    Your dolls on the couch, or your training partners ??

It is more important to use what you have, and it looks like you are making good use of the space !!
    ^Completely agree with that statement!
    As long as your rocking out, it doesn’t matter!

I would love to have more height to be able to do overhead stuff, is my only thing I can’t get done.

12. Hey im just curious how much money you guys have put into a home gym set up? I would like to do it one day but its not realistic at the moment ive just always wanted to have a good setup so i can smash in my garage

13. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Hey im just curious how much money you guys have put into a home gym set up? I would like to do it one day but its not realistic at the moment ive just always wanted to have a good setup so i can smash in my garage
    I started out in a spare bedroom with very little equipment that was mostly home made, very little money !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL

14. Quote Originally Posted by Rocket3015 View Post
    I started out in a spare bedroom with very little equipment that was mostly home made, very little money !!
    Yeah i just eventually want to do it. My current gym is like a 2 minute drive away from home and is only 35 a month for 24 hour access so im content for now

15. Quote Originally Posted by christ83189 View Post
    Hey im just curious how much money you guys have put into a home gym set up? I would like to do it one day but its not realistic at the moment ive just always wanted to have a good setup so i can smash in my garage
    Im with ya. It's gonna be the second major purchase i make once i get out of school get my "adult job". First will be a place to live...I suppose you need a home to have a home gym. I figure I plan on working out for at least another 20 years, at 360$ a year (probably on the low end for gyms with powerlifting/strongman equipment) x20 = 7200. As long as I stay below that # ill be happy and will save money.
    Training log:

16. Quote Originally Posted by jswain34 View Post
    Im with ya. It's gonna be the second major purchase i make once i get out of school get my "adult job". First will be a place to live...I suppose you need a home to have a home gym. I figure I plan on working out for at least another 20 years, at 360$ a year (probably on the low end for gyms with powerlifting/strongman equipment) x20 = 7200. As long as I stay below that # ill be happy and will save money.
    Well, I lost a lot of money then lol.

17. Quote Originally Posted by jimbuick View Post
    Well, I lost a lot of money then lol.
    Haha. Yah, just because thats my goal doesn't mean it will necessarily happen. But you also have a lot of extra goodies that I wouldnt get and are hoping to start up a gym.

I want is a sturdy rack with band pegs, ~800lbs worth of weights, a tx deadlift bar, transformer bar, good standard power bar, duffalo, belt squat, some farmers handles, spud pulleys, elitefts bands. That should get me by for a while. Probably will pick up some heavy dbs as time goes on but i dont need those right away.
    Training log:

18. Name:  IMG_3589.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  373.9 KB

Just got an aqua training bag

19. @Fitfactory Great Looking Place !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL

20. Anyone pic up any new equipment lately ??
    TEAM GET DIESEL

21. Since my last post I picked up some small things on Craigslist to give me more options. Another bar, more weight, another bench, a dip station (not pictured), a rack that has a hi/low pulley and fly machine. Also picked up a multi grip bar and some small things like occlusion bands and fat grips. Oh, and more barbell quick-clamps.

Next on the list is a hex bar, bar stand, and a GHR and leg press attachment for my rack.

Always a work in progress.

Name:  IMG_3625.JPG
Views: 92
Size:  429.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3626.JPG
Views: 94
Size:  470.8 KB

Name:  IMG_3627.JPG
Views: 93
Size:  449.4 KB
    “Care for the flock that God has entrusted to you. Watch over it willingly, not grudgingly—not for what you will get out of it, but because you are eager to serve God. ... lead them by your own good example.” 1 Peter‬ 5:2-3‬

22. Nice additions. I need to get a Hex Bar also !!
    TEAM GET DIESEL

23. Anyone ever cover up the bolt heads of their rack with anything. On the rack I have the bold on the lower supports are the exact height as a bar sitting on 45’s. I wasn’t paying attention and pushed a bar away, and bang, nice little scratch on the bar. Not a big deal overall, but looking for something decent looking.

I did find som silicone lug nut covers and though they might work, but bought the wrong size.. Might have to try a larger size, but thought maybe someone else here may have an idea or two.

24. Hopefully someone will have a good idea for you................
    TEAM GET DIESEL

25. Quote Originally Posted by meltedbarrel View Post
    Anyone ever cover up the bolt heads of their rack with anything. On the rack I have the bold on the lower supports are the exact height as a bar sitting on 45’s. I wasn’t paying attention and pushed a bar away, and bang, nice little scratch on the bar. Not a big deal overall, but looking for something decent looking.

I did find som silicone lug nut covers and though they might work, but bought the wrong size.. Might have to try a larger size, but thought maybe someone else here may have an idea or two.
    Go to Lowe's/home Depot and look for re-bar safety caps....they are plastic and orange...they look like a mushroom
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Let me see your stash !
    By roblasane in forum Supplements
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 10-19-2017, 07:12 AM
  2. Let's See Your Home Gym
    By Rocket3015 in forum General Chat
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 07:33 AM
  3. Show Me Your Home Gyms!
    By Swanson52 in forum General Chat