Snoring

pmdied

Awards
Lately I've been snoring and trying to figure out why. Here's a few stats and maybe others can lend me their opinion
I'm 5'10 210lbs
Currently on my second cycle in 8 months of test/tren.

I've put on a good bit of size since I started lifting seriously 3 years ago; went from 180, 20%bf to current 210+ 14%bf.
A friend of mine suggested that the increase in upper body mass my have something to do with it or it could be other factors. Another thing I noticed is my nasal passages tend to get blocked up before bedtime for some reason so I'm looking for remedies. If I've left any stats out let know. Thanks in advance.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Snoring remedies are a bit of a science all by themselves. I don't believe putting on the mass is the same as putting on excess weight. Have you tried Breath Rite Strips?

pmdied

Awards
Snoring remedies are a bit of a science all by themselves. I don't believe putting on the mass is the same as putting on excess weight. Have you tried Breath Rite Strips?
I'm definitely considering them. It's definitely frustrating as it wakes my girl up

proprotein

Awards
Breath rite strips...hmmm...will try that out. Great advice!

rhino67jg

rhino67jg

Awards
Careful pulling them off the bridge of your nose. They stick real good. I had marks for 2 days the last time i used them.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Me and the wife are in separate beds 75% of the time due to mine, and breath rights don't help me at all. I have a pretty big, previously busted schnoz though. I have an appointment with my doc to get the tissue in my throat fused still.
There is a flap at the back of your throat, behind where it meets your nasal cavity, that is a large snoring culprit. Apparently the procedure is very quick and virtually pain free. I also believe most insurances will cover it. I'll let you know how it goes

guido6701

Awards
I used to snore due to sleep apnea a few years ago when I weighed 255 (no muscle - all fat) and when I trimmed down my snoring stopped and my sleep apnea is gone. Perhaps you have sleep apnea.......go to your family physician and have a sleep study done to rule it out.

pmdied

Awards
I used to snore due to sleep apnea a few years ago when I weighed 255 (no muscle - all fat) and when I trimmed down my snoring stopped and my sleep apnea is gone. Perhaps you have sleep apnea.......go to your family physician and have a sleep study done to rule it out.
That's what I'll have to do. Thanks again.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Me and the wife are in separate beds 75% of the time due to mine, and breath rights don't help me at all. I have a pretty big, previously busted schnoz though. I have an appointment with my doc to get the tissue in my throat fused still.
There is a flap at the back of your throat, behind where it meets your nasal cavity, that is a large snoring culprit. Apparently the procedure is very quick and virtually pain free. I also believe most insurances will cover it. I'll let you know how it goes
Deviated septum contributes to apnea as well as the uvula (the flap you speak of). There are procedures for both. See an ENT.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
Did U have the procedure and if so how are the results ???

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I have an ENT appt soon, I'll let ya know. And unlike stated above, it's not the uvula. It's farther down in the throat area.

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have an ENT appt soon, I'll let ya know. And unlike stated above, it's not the uvula. It's farther down in the throat area.
OK. I know my uvula is rather long.
It must be the epiglottis that you refer to.

product_thumb.php.jpg

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The epiglottis and obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome.
Catalfumo FJ1, Golz A, Westerman ST, Gilbert LM, Joachims HZ, Goldenberg D.
Author information
Abstract

Obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome (OSAS) is caused by obstruction or narrowing of the airway at various levels. The repair of one site only will not alleviate the syndrome if there are obstructions in other sites. Epiglottis prolapse during inspiration is an unusual cause of airway obstruction and a rare cause of OSA. Twelve cases of OSAS due to an abnormal epiglottis are presented. We present our approach to the diagnosis using fibre-optic examination of the hypopharynx, and our treatment using endoscopic carbon dioxide laser partial epiglottidectomy. We found in our series that in 11.5 per cent of patients who failed the uvulopalatopharyngoplasty procedure, the reason was a narrow airway at the hypopharyngeal level caused by an abnormal epiglottis. It is our suggestion that in these cases a laser partial epiglottidectomy should be performed. The results of this study show that partial epiglottidectomy can increase the cure rate of patients with obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome by 10-15 per cent.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10211216

koltink

koltink

Awards
  • Established
If you have a deviated septum that surgery is rough to get past! I just had it a month ago. I'd say if possible get the "flap" fused down. But with a deviated septum there can be much more problems than snoring. I'm sure you would know if you had one. Let me know if you find a solution!

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
It's a little more than "noisy breathing"....

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
Did you get it done yet? If so, how did it go?

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Did you get it done yet? If so, how did it go?
no I didn't. I had a consult with an ENT Dr, and she said that I do not have a deviated septum, and I do not have sleep apnea. So that being said, the procedure would be considered "cosmetic" by the insurance company, and they would not cover any of it. She suggested a mouth guard to pull my jaw forward, to help keep the tissue from settling, but there are issues with that as well. For 1, they can cost up to 2grand.... And 2, I clench my jaw at night, which gives me stress headaches. A mouth guard can be counter productive in that matter, as forcing the jaw into a new position can encourage clenching.
So I'm basically F'ed :(

peter01

peter01

Awards
  • Established
Have you tried different sleep positions? I have read that sleeping on your side or on your stomach alleviates the snoring.

crete

Awards
Stay hydrated and keep your weight gain slow and even vs quickly. You also may have sleep apnea, it would be worth a trip to a doctor for a test to confirm.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Stay hydrated and keep your weight gain slow and even vs quickly. You also may have sleep apnea, it would be worth a trip to a doctor for a test to confirm.
dude it's crazy, my ENT Dr. Can't find any reason why I snore. My weight is a non issue, although I could definitely hydrate more, as my house is pretty dry. On that note, time for some H2O.

KimChee75

KimChee75

Awards
There are commercial mouth pieces available if you want to try one for cheap before getting s dentist to mold you one look on Amazon only about 20 bucks. I've tried them before they put the jaw forward but can also make the teeth lose and jaw sore. I'm trying to get a cpap/bipap but want to see if insurance covers this as it can be quite expensive around 5k for sleep study in s lab