• yes, only 2 times a week

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
hi guys, just wanted to know what's your opinion in cardio sesh, i am training every day 7 days a week, doing one muscle every day and also training thai boxing, i am not a body builder instead i am a thai guy, i actually enjoy weight lifting too, and in the last period i decided to put on some more lean mass, i am on a cycle right now but this is not the topic here, the reason i am writing is cause i don't know if i should continue to add 4 mins of incline walking at 15% inclination and 4.5 km/h at the end of my wo or not, i am roughly 70kg 176cm height and 7.4 body fat. i am on 2500kcal a day.

any advice, suggestion, thoughts are more than welcome!

also i wanna know what you guys think about cardio, my goal is to put on lean mass and not to bulk up, so probably max 2/3 kg, since i started the cycle i got 4kg ish so pretty happy with that but i want to achieve more and i do see lots of ppl in the gym who are really lean and are not doing cardio, they've always been "judging" me saying i am doing too much so i wanted to ask everybody here.

thanks in advance.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The short of it is that no, cardio is not necessary to be lean. But, there are many more obvious benefits to cardio, that it should be incorporated, IMO. You say you are a thai boxer, so there is little doubt that your cardio level is beyond most people and a requirement for your sport so I am sure you are getting plenty. The incline walking at the end of your weight training is unnecessary and likely not doing much of anything.

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Cardio needs to used just like any other exercise, as a tool for your goals.

Cardio to lose weight is not the same cardio to maximize sports performance. You say you are a thai boxer who wants to gain mass, LISS(low intensity steady state like incline walking) is not the right fit for you.

1) LISS is nothing like a fight. When I was highly competitive in various martial arts and wrestling, I got more cardio "gains" from sport specific interval training then running 20 miles. Wrestling all out for 6 more minutes was far more tiring and better for match time then running or walking 10 more miles. However sprint training was very beneficial for conditioning as well. Doing 10 minutes of sprint intervals was better then 20 minutes of running for not getting winded in the last period of a match. Train with specific goals, dont train just to train.

2) In my experience, to put on lean mass, HIT cardio can help achieve this better then LISS. It takes a shorter amount of time and works more fast twitch muscle fibers. For a crude example look at sprinters vs cross country runners.

Want some extra cardio after your training sessions? Go a few more rounds, do some sprints, or shortern your rest intervals during lifting. Do cardio that will mae you a better fighter.

3) Lean mass is about diet rather then cardio. Learn your BMR, and moderately increase calories enough so that you are gaining slowly. Solid dieting plus good cardio is where the money is. And "cheat" meals or refeed meals can be utilized as a solid anabolic trigger when done properly. Its not an excuse to pound mcdonalds and taco bell. Its a well thought out tool to maximize hormonal signaling.

Also rest. If you train 7 days a week...you are training every day. Let your body recover a bit and take a day off. Unless are wolverine or the hulk with instantaneous recovering ability, your body needs time to recover to optimize performnace and gains.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
The short of it is that no, cardio is not necessary to be lean. But, there are many more obvious benefits to cardio, that it should be incorporated, IMO. You say you are a thai boxer, so there is little doubt that your cardio level is beyond most people and a requirement for your sport so I am sure you are getting plenty. The incline walking at the end of your weight training is unnecessary and likely not doing much of anything.
first of all thanks for your answer, now, yes i do know that cardio has different benefits an in fact im thinking ro do it twice a week, important thing i wanted to check with u guys was the benefits of doing it at the end of my wo, pros and cons, i do cardio especially for training breath and endurance during a fight, that is why, thanks for your response tho

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
Cardio needs to used just like any other exercise, as a tool for your goals.

Cardio to lose weight is not the same cardio to maximize sports performance. You say you are a thai boxer who wants to gain mass, LISS(low intensity steady state like incline walking) is not the right fit for you.

1) LISS is nothing like a fight. When I was highly competitive in various martial arts and wrestling, I got more cardio "gains" from sport specific interval training then running 20 miles. Wrestling all out for 6 more minutes was far more tiring and better for match time then running or walking 10 more miles. However sprint training was very beneficial for conditioning as well. Doing 10 minutes of sprint intervals was better then 20 minutes of running for not getting winded in the last period of a match. Train with specific goals, dont train just to train.

2) In my experience, to put on lean mass, HIT cardio can help achieve this better then LISS. It takes a shorter amount of time and works more fast twitch muscle fibers. For a crude example look at sprinters vs cross country runners.

Want some extra cardio after your training sessions? Go a few more rounds, do some sprints, or shortern your rest intervals during lifting. Do cardio that will mae you a better fighter.

3) Lean mass is about diet rather then cardio. Learn your BMR, and moderately increase calories enough so that you are gaining slowly. Solid dieting plus good cardio is where the money is. And "cheat" meals or refeed meals can be utilized as a solid anabolic trigger when done properly. Its not an excuse to pound mcdonalds and taco bell. Its a well thought out tool to maximize hormonal signaling.

Also rest. If you train 7 days a week...you are training every day. Let your body recover a bit and take a day off. Unless are wolverine or the hulk with instantaneous recovering ability, your body needs time to recover to optimize performnace and gains.

Just my two cents. Hope it helps.
thanks a lot man, i was actually thinking to add a rest day and to do cardio just twice a week in a different way, as you suggested.
dieting wise im pretty covered there, years of training gave me some knowledge, btw im using ar1ma as cycle support, great product from olympus labs ;)

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
haha Im a bit partial to OL products as well

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
first of all thanks for your answer, now, yes i do know that cardio has different benefits an in fact im thinking ro do it twice a week, important thing i wanted to check with u guys was the benefits of doing it at the end of my wo, pros and cons, i do cardio especially for training breath and endurance during a fight, that is why, thanks for your response tho
No problem. I used to compete in muay thai and now just spar a couple times a week, but still am required to do our HIIT warmups- but I also weight train specifically for strength outside of that. So I understand the direction you are coming from.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
haha Im a bit partial to OL products as well
im using it with my var+proviron+dermacrine cycle and its working pretty well :) love it so far :)

i just wanted to put on 2/3kg of "Pure" lean muscles and its working but i was wondering if this could be more efficient if i was going to avoid cardio :) as maybe i am doing too much :)

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
No problem. I used to compete in muay thai and now just spar a couple times a week, but still am required to do our HIIT warmups- but I also weight train specifically for strength outside of that. So I understand the direction you are coming from.
yo man! come to UK and we spar :)

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Might wanna add some TUDCA to your cycle support. I know var and proviron are not suppose to be too harsh, but to my knowledge they are still methylated. Some extra TUDCA wouldnt be a bad idea. And some fish oil wouldnt hurt as well.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
oh yes man, i am taking fish oil too :) RE TUDCA i thought the one included on the ar1ma was enough, is it not?

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
My personal preference is to run it between TUDCA 500-1250mg depending on the severity of the compound. When I ran DMZ and trest, i was dosing TUDCA at 1000-1250mg a day depending on DMZ dose. But again thats just my opinion.

Arimicare has about 200mg so you really dont need to add too much more then that. I do tend to be on the cautious side of things though.

Xrkc6x

Xrkc6x

Awards
  • Established
sorry didn't really get you here, you are saying you were using 1000-1250 and ar1ma has just 200mg....

GoHardOrGoHme

GoHardOrGoHme

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
Yes. So what I suggesting is supplementing TUDCA on top of ar1ma. That way you get all the benfits of the extra goodies in arima, and maximize TUDCA's potential at protecting your liver.