Critique my Chest program

torylanez

Awards
Im satisfied with my chest size but more is better and I'd also like to add some strength so I'm trying to hit it twice a day, mostly high volume work

Here is the program I made, looking to start it when I finish my cut.
First I need AM approval. Whole program can be critiqued

DAY 1: CHEST & BICEPS
Bench Press 4x8
Incline Bench Press 4x8
Dumbbell Bench Press 4x8
Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 4x8
Cable Crossover 4x12

Barbell Curls 5x8
Incline Curls 3x12
Hammer Curls 3x12
Cable Curls 4x12 (+dropset)

DAY 2: BACK & ABS
Pull Ups/Chin Ups 5x10
Lat Pulldown 6x12
Cable Row 4x12
Dumbbell Row 4x12

Weighted Decline Sit Ups 3x20
Cable Crunch 3x20
Leg Throws 4x30
Ab Roller 3x12 / Plank 3xfailure

DAY 3: QUADS & FOREARMS
Barbell Squat 4x10
Leg Press 5x10
Leg Extension 4x10
Barbell Squat 3x8

Barbell Wrist Curl 4x20
Reverse Barbell Curl 3x12
Dumbell Wrist Curl 3x20

DAY 4: CHEST & ABS
Smith-Machine Bench Press 4x12
Dips 4x12
Chest Fly's 3x10
Machine Pec Fly's 3x12
(Smith machine) Decline Bench Press 3x8

Weighted Decline Sit Ups 3x20
Cable Crunch 3x20
Leg Throws 4x30
Ab Roller 3x12 / Plank 3xFailure

DAY 5: TRICEPS & SHOULDERS
Cable Tricep Pulldown 4x12
Weighted Dips 4x10
Smith machine Close Grip Bench Press 3x10
Overhead Tricep Extension 3x10
Push ups 3x20

Dumbell Shoulder Press 4x8 (or Smith-Machine Military Press 4x8)
Lateral Raises 4x12
Dumbell Shrugs 4x25 (or Barbell Shrugs 4x25)
Smith Machine Shrugs 5x25
Cable Lateral Raise 3x12

DAY 6: LOWER BACK & HAMSTRINGS
Deadlifts 6x8
Bent Over Barbell Rows 4x12
Pull ups 5x8
Back Extensions 4x30

(Laying) Leg Curl 5x10
Barbell Squat 3x6
Calf Press 5x20

DAY 7: REST

torylanez

Awards
Im cutting rn
Anyways when I start I'll go back to eating 3500+ (50c/30p/20f)
Im at 175 lbs (6ft)

jaces

jaces

Awards
I would rather do chest on 2 separate days ,, about 4days apart , one focusing on presses and low reps , and the second on isolation and high volume , and if chest is your main focus then cut back on the other bodyparts to maximize chest growth

Dedsno

Awards
I wouldn't try to be adding size on a cut. Make sure you are getting enough sleep. Two a days are great but I definitely wouldn't do that natural. I follow John meadows principal on light with high reps on mornings and heavy evenings.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At 6ft 175lbs and cutting, you're not gonna be gaining much size or strength at all.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Well if you are cutting size gains and strength will be slim/or difficult to attain.

torylanez

Awards
I wouldn't try to be adding size on a cut. Make sure you are getting enough sleep. Two a days are great but I definitely wouldn't do that natural. I follow John meadows principal on light with high reps on mornings and heavy evenings.
This. Why you cutting? Your 6ft 175lbs...
At 6ft 175lbs and cutting, you're not gonna be gaining much size or strength at all.
Are any of you reading?
Im looking to start it after my cut
I want to be sub 10 % first ]

jaces

jaces

Awards
No he is saying he will be bulking on that program , he is just finishing his cutting program

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you're looking for strength, then cut back on all of the junk and filler. You don't need that many press variations to get stronger. You're merely improving your fatigue tolerance and not improving strength.

What's your plan for overload to stimulate strength gains? Are you waving your volume and intensity?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
You weigh 175lbs at 6ft tall and you are not at 10% bf yet???

torylanez

Awards
If you're looking for strength, then cut back on all of the junk and filler. You don't need that many press variations to get stronger. You're merely improving your fatigue tolerance and not improving strength.

What's your plan for overload to stimulate strength gains? Are you waving your volume and intensity?
Strength isnt my focus
My idea behind it was having a heavy day that might come with strength gains and a high volume day that hits the entire chest

jaces

jaces

Awards
Ok so lets clear this up , first goal is hypertrophy and strength second?

jaces

jaces

Awards
I've only been lifting since april
Im asking for advice for a reason
Dont stres haha it is good that you started asking,,, but in that case a 3-4 day split would be a better idea for a beginner,, something like a push pull split or lower upper body split

torylanez

Awards
Ok so lets clear this up , first goal is hypertrophy and strength second?
yeah, mass is the priority
my bench is weak compared to other lifts so I'd like to see an improvement there

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I'd just be eating healthy and not worry about losing weight if I was in your shoes. Also get on a routine that has been used and abused by many..

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Strength isnt my focus My idea behind it was having a heavy day that might come with strength gains and a high volume day that hits the entire chest
34 direct sets per week is overkill. At your size and inexperience, you don't need to worry about filler like crossovers and flys and completely get rid of the Smith machine. It's a terrible bar pattern that sets up the shoulder for capsule and RC damage. Stick to 2-3 presses per session for 16-24 total sets per week. I'd venture closer to the former than the latter.

jaces

jaces

Awards
I'd just be eating healthy and not worry about losing weight if I was in your shoes. Also get on a routine that has been used and abused by many..
Good advice here ,, if I can recomend some I would say check out neil hill's y3t or kris gethin's 12 week transform plan ,, they will give you size but also strength , plus the program changes a lot so you wont get bored

torylanez

Awards
So something like the following would be more appropriate?

Bench Press 4x8
Incline Bench Press 4x8
Dumbbell Bench Press 4x8

Dedsno

Awards
I'd go straight into a clean bulk. But I would consider clen or eca to finish off the rest and increase cardio to get under 10%.

Mountain dog has an article on two a days. Plus there's a sample diet of his out there too.

I recommend following an established program because your fairly new to lifting and probably lacking a good base. Once you know how your body responds then you can tweak your own program.

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Definitely find a good program rather than program for yourself. And not a muscle mag program. If you want to keep leaning out, that's your prerogative, but know that a top flight bencher that's six feet tall usually weighs between 75-175lbs more than you do right now. I know strength isn't your primary goal, but I'm just giving you the facts.

If you want to stay lean, go for it, but what you need is many more pounds of muscle on your overall frame. You're young in the game, it will all come. This process will require diligent effort in the gym, kitchen, and bed for years without reprieve, but don't let that discourage you.