This is me, this is my story

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
I walked into the halls of a very preppy, very upperclass school as a freshman on my first day at 104lbs and 5ft 8in. I didn't care, why should I care? My Dr told be Id never weigh even what the other kids would weigh because I am anemic, I was ADD and medicated since 4th grade so I had been on strong amphetamine's since then and my genetics where less than desirable to say the least. I soon found myself being taunted out of Health class and frequently pushed into lockers. I dreamed of playing football but never did because the same people who found it fun to slam me into lockers played football. So I spent every night reading every single thing I could get my hands on and started going to the gym. After that year I was still just 115lbs, still bullied and becoming depressed. Junior year I took a mixed martial arts class and the coach told me that I should get into power lifting. I laughed but said what the hell. At the end of the year I weighed 130. The next year I was nearly 140. One of the biggest father figures in my life told me I should train seriously and eat seriously because I may turn out to become something. I'm 18 now and with his help and some serious faith I made it to 150 and then 155. My doctor couldn't believe it, my family couldn't believe it, hell my mom though I was juicing. Life was good, College was fantastic. In November I was driving back after a hunt on the interstate started to feel tingling in my right elbow. I tried to shake it off but realized it wouldn't go away. I ignored it for a few seconds till my legs began numbing. Soon my arms where numbing. It took all I had to press the brake and veer off to pull over. I tried as fast as I could to use my phone but my fingers began to shake and my chest began to compress and go numb. I got 911 dialed in time but in one swift movement I had collapsed and began to convulse. Luckily someone pulled over and called 911. All I remember is seeing 3 ambulances and flashing lights everywhere. The interstate was shut down northbound and southbound. A female was shouting something to me in the back of an ambulance but I don't know what she said. 5 days in the hospital and they didn't know what happened. All they told me was I would probably never fully remember the events and I wouldn't remember the pain. I told them I was not in pain I remember not feeling anything. They told me thats God's blessing, the female in the ambulance said I was yelling out in pain between blackouts. I dropped down to 140lbs in 5 days. Two weeks later I got the flu, the next month I got a severe case of Mono and missed a month of school. I weighed 122lbs in January/February. I became depressed because of all the hard work I lost. I dreamed of competing for over a year. In April my girlfriend got me to start training harder again. Soon I began dieting. I have no pictures after mono because of how much I hated my body. I didn't care if it meant I would sweat my ass off if wore pants and a hoodie to hide my figure. I got motivated again when I reached 135lbs in June. I moved to Arkansas and got a new job, started at a new gym, got my own apartment and recently a new truck. I decided to nut up and stop making excuses. Tonight, October 27th I weighed in at 158lbs. No more excuses, no more slacking. I can do this, I will do this because i am stronger than yesterday and each day I can only improve.

image-2251635964.jpg

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Keep on going for you goals man! And nice physique

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Incredible story bro. The boss upstairs must have plans for you.

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
Inspiring story, but use some paragraphs man.
I didn't mean for it to be that long but I got in the zone I guess.
I also should add that my new doctor told me i most likely had a "complex migraine". Apparently they are crazy bad and can appear like a seizure or stroke, sometimes being pretty extreme. My white blood cell count was tripled from day 2-3, near double on day 4 and back down in range on my release day. They didn't test me that night so I have no clue how high it was then.

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
image-3238385336.jpg

Slowly but surely, been trying to do a very clean bulk from this point on.

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
I usually shy away from these stories because I can be a big bïtch sap, but hey why not. I'm interested in how you come along man.
I was always a tiny guy myself. 4'8" and 85lbs to start high school, so I know your pain bro! That was a loooong time ago for me, but I am now 5'7" and about 170lbs and have gotten my first PL meet under my belt!
Best of luck in your training, and YES, you CAN do it! Great story man!!
Cheers,
Wade

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
Unfortunately I never did grow any more height. Still stuck at 5ft 8in. Oh well short guys receive better hugs from the girls, especially when the girls are taller.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
That isn't really short.. I keep hearing that is average height. Plus we look bigger with less pounds than the tall guys

Quest

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great story thanks for sharing.

I'm a little guy also...5-8', and yes hugs are MUCH better from our angle.

Gainaddict

Gainaddict

Awards
  • Established
I feel like 5' 8" is the grey zone. I'm not a hobbit nor am I tall.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hell I'm only 5'6"

hvactech

hvactech

Legend