Number of leg exercises on Leg Day.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
How many do you do on leg day? I'm trying to get feedback on if I am doing enough here.

This is what I did today........

Incline Leg Press 4 sets of 15
Squats 4 sets of 8
Leg Extensions 4 sets of 15
Calf Presses 4 sets of 20 ( 20 is the number that sets my calves on fire if you wondered why I did 20 )
Leg Curls 4 sets of 15

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3-4, but also train lower twice per week instead of once.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
Leg Day #1: QUADS
5 min stretch
5 min stationary bike
ATG squats 4x8
Leg press 4x8
Leg press calf raises 4x15
Quad extensions 3x10
Standing calf raises 3x10
Seated calf raises 3x10
5 min stretch

Leg Day #2: HAMSTRINGS
5 min stretch
5 min stationary bike
ATG squats 4x8
Straight legged dead lifts 4x10
Sumo Deads 3x10
Hamstring curls 3x10
Standing calf raises 3x10
Seated calf raises 3x10
5 min stretch

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
However I do have a lot of different exercises that I incorporate. I change it up just about every few weeks. Something small. Like instead of regular leg press, I'll do single leg. Or front squats instead of regular. Very minute changes that trigger growth in different ways.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
3-4, but also train lower twice per week instead of once.
^^ This, but you also need to look at rep ranges based on goals as well.

I currently go 3-4 weeks for strength phase, then 3-4 weeks hypertrophy phase. Is your goal mainly size?

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
^^ This, but you also need to look at rep ranges based on goals as well. I currently go 3-4 weeks for strength phase, then 3-4 weeks hypertrophy phase. Is your goal mainly size?
Strength. I have plenty of thigh size.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
I do legs twice per week as well. Thank you for the reply.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
^^ This, but you also need to look at rep ranges based on goals as well.

I currently go 3-4 weeks for strength phase, then 3-4 weeks hypertrophy phase. Is your goal mainly size?
Yes my goal is mainly size. That is why I am focusing on 15-20 reps per set.

dbrock504

dbrock504

Awards
That would be hypertrophy, not focusing on size. I would recommend you stay between 8-12 reps. Just my opinion.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Strength. I have plenty of thigh size.
I know YOU do, just wondering what he's looking for. With a name like Qaudmonster I probably should been able to guess, brain fart.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Plenty of TUT then, but along with high reps you'll need to keep the weights heavy. Are you following any type of program at the moment?

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Plenty of TUT then, but along with high reps you'll need to keep the weights heavy. Are you following any type of program at the moment?
To Be honest with you, I am looking for a good novice program to start up. I need a new one. Do you have any that you would recommend? Or you could simply give me one that you create that I would follow for the next 12 weeks. I would be more than appreciative if you did that and would love to try it out. I will wait for your reply :)

I was following Shortcut to Size by Jim Steppani but I am pretty much done with that. It gave me some nice gains but Im ready to move on now.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
That would be hypertrophy, not focusing on size. I would recommend you stay between 8-12 reps. Just my opinion.
1.To grow or cause to grow abnormally large

That is the definition of Hypertrophy. Wouldn't that be focusing on creating size otherwise known as growth? I am confused with your comment.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To Be honest with you, I am looking for a good novice program to start up. I need a new one. Do you have any that you would recommend? Or you could simply give me one that you create that I would follow for the next 12 weeks. I would be more than appreciative if you did that and would love to try it out. I will wait for your reply :)

I was following Shortcut to Size by Jim Steppani but I am pretty much done with that. It gave me some nice gains but Im ready to move on now.
How long have you been training? What kind of numbers are you putting up? We need some background.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
number of exercises, currently 1-2. with 1-20 work sets consisting of 1-20 reps. i do this twice a week. vague question gets a vague answer.

other factors should be taken in to account like intensity, goals, training age, frequency, recovery ability, etc.