dc training

jaces

jaces

Awards
So what do you guys think of dc training ?? Any pros and cons wth this that I should now??

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Its a bunch of dogg crap if you ask me....

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I've never tried it, but from what I've seen it seems to be a viable option. I would give it a shot. How long have you been lifting? Most of what I've read suggests you should have a couple years under your belt if you are going to try it. It really pushes the intensity.

jaces

jaces

Awards
I've never tried it, but from what I've seen it seems to be a viable option. I would give it a shot. How long have you been lifting? Most of what I've read suggests you should have a couple years under your belt if you are going to try it. It really pushes the intensity.
2years for rugby and 3years as a competative bodybuildr,,, but yeah ive heard it , they say its close to dorian yates way of training (few sets high intensity)

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I was reading this review of a guy that actually lost muscle mass after a year of dogg training. So not that sold on it..

jaces

jaces

Awards
I was reading this review of a guy that actually lost muscle mass after a year of dogg training. So not that sold on it..
Ive also heard of guys getting injured , but also seen solid gains so im lost

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Ive also heard of guys getting injured , but also seen solid gains so im lost
Well people get injured all types of training methods, even I goofed up on a deadlift while running 5/3/1, it wasn't anything bad but it made lat pulldowns uncomfortable for over a month.

jaces

jaces

Awards
Well people get injured all types of training methods, even I goofed up on a deadlift while running 5/3/1, it wasn't anything bad but it made lat pulldowns uncomfortable for over a month.
Maybe I should try a strength program?

Deathclaw

Awards
I did dc training for a year or so.....ended up with tons of small injures although I did neglect the streaching portion of the program.....if you do it I'd say do plenty of mobility work and stay away from the machine movements he recommends I found heavy pressing on the smith and hammer machines ****ed my shoulders up big time

jaces

jaces

Awards
Maybe I should try a strength program?

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
DC and R/P training have provided my largest gains in strength and mass. I will always have them in rotation.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Haha lol sounds good ,, its always a strugle choosing a program
True enough, I'm liking it though. Hybrid lifting is the best IMO, it builds dense muscle tissue and increase size.. I don't know all the terms for it on the top of my head lol

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Depends on your goals. I'm doing a hybrid of 5/3/1 and German volume training
Can you lay it out for us? I am curious what you are doing because I've run both many times and I can't see the hybrid.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Can you lay it out for us? I am curious what you are doing because I've run both many times and I can't see the hybrid.
Well I'm doing a log and I have it in there. I do bench and squat 10x10 on Sunday and I add on accessory work at 3 sets of 10. Monday is deadlift and overhead press 10x10 with accessory work at 3 sets of 10. Wednesday is 531 for squat and bench and accessory work at 3 sets of 10. Friday is 531 deadlift and overhead press with added on 3 sets of 10. So eventually I'd like to get accessory work to 5 sets of 10, so each week my accessory work will equal 10x10 and not 6x10. I try to add weight each workout to each of the movements, for progression, but I go up each set instead of changing the weight for the all the sets.

For a better understanding check out my current log in cycle info.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well I'm doing a log and I have it in there. I do bench and squat 10x10 on Sunday and I add on accessory work at 3 sets of 10. Monday is deadlift and overhead press 10x10 with accessory work at 3 sets of 10. Wednesday is 531 for squat and bench and accessory work at 3 sets of 10. Friday is 531 deadlift and overhead press with added on 3 sets of 10. So eventually I'd like to get accessory work to 5 sets of 10, so each week my accessory work will equal 10x10 and not 6x10. I try to add weight each workout to each of the movements, for progression, but I go up each set instead of changing the weight for the all the sets.

For a better understanding check out my current log in cycle info.
JESUS! :11:

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You are doing GVT and 5/3/1 on a deficit? Have you thought this through or just throwing things together?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
You are doing GVT and 5/3/1 on a deficit? Have you thought this through or just throwing things together?
I enjoyed 531 and have done GVT before also enjoying it. So thought I could put them together as I loved both systems and thought I could maintain my strength with one and hypertrophy with the other. I didn't cut cals by much and really just testing the waters with this. I'm on cycle as well.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Being on cycle definitely is the wild card here as GVT is a mass program and 5/3/1 a strength, so cutting calories is detrimental to both. Perhaps the cycle can make up for that.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Being on cycle definitely is the wild card here as GVT is a mass program and 5/3/1 a strength, so cutting calories is detrimental to both. Perhaps the cycle can make up for that.
Yeah I will probably up the calories after losing some more bf% and go for a lean bulk/recomp. Just trying to see how it works out.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I enjoyed 531 and have done GVT before also enjoying it. So thought I could put them together as I loved both systems and thought I could maintain my strength with one and hypertrophy with the other. I didn't cut cals by much and really just testing the waters with this. I'm on cycle as well.
Looks like a killer version of PHAT.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
DC is a good protocol, it is not for beginners. If you have the balls to put everything you have into every lift, you will grow. Again, not for beginners