Best hypertrophy program?

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
What is everyone's favorite program for ultimate hypertrophy? I am experienced and fairly large already, I'm just looking to switch up my training...maybe make some new gains in a new way!

GVT?
Blood and Guts?
8x8?
5x5?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I liked GVT, that 10x10 is a beast. I've also enjoyed the PRRS routine, which includes a hypertrophy week once every three weeks. Keeps it fresh.

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
Yea. 10x10 is nice. Gives me plenty of volume since I only hit every body part directly once per week right now.

What is this PPRS?

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
8x8 was wild. Craziest doms I ever had the first time I did it... The density you acquire is pretty great and the workouts if done right are not time consuming

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The best program I ever saw on paper was a 4 day split of chest/back, shoulders/arms, off, legs, all hyper work, then a full upper body day of 10x10 for one exercise each muscle group on Friday or sat

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
That's pretty interesting. I can't imagine going full intensity on chest and back in the same workout lol.

For 8x8, how many exercises did you use that protocol on per body part?

hardwork25

hardwork25

Awards
I loved blood and guts but you need a training partner every workout

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
That's pretty interesting. I can't imagine going full intensity on chest and back in the same workout lol.

For 8x8, how many exercises did you use that protocol on per body part?
I followed the template exactly as it was posted for the four-day split. I believe there were 3 to 4 exercises per body part. Lmk if u need it, I have it on my pictures somewhere In my phone

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What is this PPRS?
I think it's Brosier Built (.com)'s workout. I believe he releases a new WO every Sunday. I can't remember what P and S mean, but RR is rep-range.

iddc

iddc

Awards
I think it's Brosier Built (.com)'s workout. I believe he releases a new WO every Sunday. I can't remember what P and S mean, but RR is rep-range.
P-power
S-shock

PRRS was my program before going on basic 5-3-1. Got some pretty good hypertrophy from it.

Now it's 5-3-1 for full on powerlifting!

iddc

iddc

Awards
How about 5-3-1 based on the periodization Bible

flexfit

flexfit

Awards
How about 5-3-1 based on the periodization Bible
I can't imagine 5-3-1 would illicit too much hypertrophy for someone who isn't brand new to lifting though. Such low volume...not enough tut.

papapudgy

papapudgy

Awards
Another vote for PHAT - i prefer splits where you hit each muscle group 2x a week

papapudgy

papapudgy

Awards
Kelly Baggett No BS Muscle Building
just read through the ebook... Very interesting approach of eating in a surplus and deficit in each micro cycle .. What kind of results did you get ??

iddc

iddc

Awards
I can't imagine 5-3-1 would illicit too much hypertrophy for someone who isn't brand new to lifting though. Such low volume...not enough tut.
I agree that the 531 sets won't get you much hypertrophy. But the accessory work based on periodization Bible will.

4-5 sets on a single movement for as high as 20 reps.

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
There are many good programs and many different types of people. A cookie cutter program may give results, but it may not give you optimal results.

For example:
my chest grew a lot during college using 5x5
But my shoulders didn't grow until I hit them with dropsets, giantsets, strip sets aka VOLUME

jaces

jaces

Awards
If u want volume try kris gethins dtp and if u want lower volume try dc training but dc needs mre exp to do ,, :)

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive got the ebook, do you think it's really that good?
Yeah I really enjoy the muscle rounds. They are incredibly intense. And the stretching is brutal. Its so intense I find my myself cramping up intra set lol.

The only thing I find hard is doing bi's and tri's on different days. My elbows just seem happier when I do them on the same day.

3clipseGT

3clipseGT

On my grind
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah I really enjoy the muscle rounds. They are incredibly intense. And the stretching is brutal. Its so intense I find my myself cramping up intra set lol.

The only thing I find hard is doing bi's and tri's on different days. My elbows just seem happier when I do them on the same day.
I like the 4 days a week, ill have to give it a go once I fully understand how to employ all the aspects of the training and put togethor the workouts.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I like the 4 days a week, ill have to give it a go once I fully understand how to employ all the aspects of the training and put togethor the workouts.
I haven't tried the program either, but would like to at some point. Scott is very knowledgeable and has a lot of experience.

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I agree that the 531 sets won't get you much hypertrophy. But the accessory work based on periodization Bible will. 4-5 sets on a single movement for as high as 20 reps.
exactly! I use Dave Tate's periodization for assistance work and it's brutal

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Eric Brosier
Power rep range shock

Type O Hero

Type O Hero

Banned
Awards
  • Established
There will never been an ultimate muscle building workout plan. It's arguable that you could rank them in any way to begin with. It's about finding what works best with the body you have. I know this is cliché and that if I didn't continue, my post would be complete **** lol.. So let me continue...

The basics of any good muscle building plan should follow these goals:
- Maximum stimulation of targeted muscle groups (not over stimulation)
- An appropriate diet to meet the demands of your training.
- Consistency... This is a big one that too many people never mention. It might take months or even years to get good results.

As far as the exercises go, just choose the ones that let you work a lot of muscle and make sure you're hitting multiple areas (i.e, when training back make sure you're working the pull down function as well as the rowing function of the back muscles). Don't overdo the smaller muscles like biceps and triceps. A lot of good work for chest, back and shoulders will provide most of the stimulation for arms to grow.

And think about the muscles that you're working. For example, if I'm targeting my back with rows, I want my back muscles to do as much of the work as possible. The weight is a means to an end. So don't just heave the bar with all you've got, thinking that since you got a heavy weight into the air, your back is going to grow. It's all about making the muscles you want to target do as much of the work as possible, usually through the fullest extent of range possible (i.e, full range of motion exercises).

As far as when to stop training, I actually learned a great piece of advice from none other than Ronnie ****ing Coleman (not a fan of steroids, by the way, or modern pro bodybuilding, just his one piece of advice lol).... He will train a muscle until the pump he gets in that muscle starts to diminish. In other words, say I'm training my chest. I do X amount of exercises and sets, getting a great pump the entire time. Well, eventually my muscles are going to fatigue and (anatomical reasons aside) my pump will stall and then start to diminish. I basically stop working out that muscle when I feel like my pump isn't getting any stronger. When it stalls out, I know I'm done. This works wonderfully for me and I always know exactly how long I should workout because my body tells me. Incidentally, my workouts are still around the 40-45 minute mark. I could workout for 2 hours if I wanted to, but while I do enjoy lifting weights, I thought the goal was to get your body to change shape, right?

So that's what my bodybuilding philosophies boil down to.

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
just read through the ebook... Very interesting approach of eating in a surplus and deficit in each micro cycle .. What kind of results did you get ??
I've run cyclical programs like ud2.

I'm just starting this, so I'll update after the first gain/cut cycle.

For reference, I'm doing the 14 day version that begins with the full body routine but then switches to upper/lower.

Royd The Noyd

Royd The Noyd

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I haven't tried the program either, but would like to at some point. Scott is very knowledgeable and has a lot of experience.
If you guys bought the book you can get free access to his forum for question if you have any.

papapudgy

papapudgy

Awards
I've run cyclical programs like ud2.

I'm just starting this, so I'll update after the first gain/cut cycle.

For reference, I'm doing the 14 day version that begins with the full body routine but then switches to upper/lower.
I appreciate that man.. ya out of all the variations i liked the upper/lower version the best.

I'm reverse dieting right now to get back to maintenance cals then going to start an ostar1ne cylce... Would like to run no bull; lookin forward to your update

Grayson

Grayson

Awards
  • Established
I appreciate that man.. ya out of all the variations i liked the upper/lower version the best.

I'm reverse dieting right now to get back to maintenance cals then going to start an ostar1ne cylce... Would like to run no bull; lookin forward to your update
I'm running ostarine at 25mg with it :)

Might even bump it up to thirty starting week 3

strengthmogul

Awards
I've found the RP Strength Complete Hypertrophy Training Guide to be incredibly effective for my hypertrophy goals. It's comprehensive and well-structured, providing a balanced approach to volume and intensity. The guide helped me break through plateaus and make noticeable gains in muscle size and strength. I highly recommend checking it out if you're looking to switch up your training and make new gains in a structured, effective way.