The AnabolicMinds Member Accomplishment Thread!

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
What's going on AnabolicMinds peeps!? At the sheer brilliance and behest of Sean1332 we are adding to our newly made motivational thread group!

This thread is a place for ALL members to drop in and share their recent accomplishments no matter how small or MAJOR as long as it pertains to fitness. The accomplishments can include your first competition, getting back into marathon running, grinding it out in the Tough Mudder or racking out that last rep that had you yacking afterwards! We want to hear about it!

Not only is this a thread to display your hard work and maybe flaunt your new 1 rm stats for a little bragging rights but to also be involved in the camaraderie that we're about here at AM by giving support and motivation to everyone in the AnabolicMinds Fam!

All that being said let's see some new goal achievements in 3...2...1... Go!

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
:bigok:

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Achievements:
Competed in 2010 Great Lakes Grand Prix Show as a LW (Top 3 in class)
Competed in 2012 Collegiate Nationals as a LW (Top 5 in class first national show)
Goal --->
Grow into a MW due to height and compete in the future, looking at a possible show next fall or spring depending on size/shape I am in. I hope to continue to evolve and improve on my physique as a competitor in the sport of bodybuilding.

EasyEJL

EasyEJL

Never enough
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I started walking again..... I in a stupid trip/fall in the house in july hit my ankle against the wall breaking it and tearing ligaments. Needed surgery... finally got the boot off and am walking almost normally. Talk about throwing a monkey wrench into getting lean for Halloween

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I started walking again..... I in a stupid trip/fall in the house in july hit my ankle against the wall breaking it and tearing ligaments. Needed surgery... finally got the boot off and am walking almost normally. Talk about throwing a monkey wrench into getting lean for Halloween
What hell man!? That sucks, bro at least your back on your feet man. Little victories bro lol. Heal up quick
Just hit a PR today for T-Bar rows 150lbs for 6
That's some weight for T Bar Rows. Supported?

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
What hell man!? That sucks, bro at least your back on your feet man. Little victories bro lol. Heal up quick That's some weight for T Bar Rows. Supported?
Like they always say: "One step @ a time."

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Not an accomplishment (Yet) but will be after tomorrow, so I may be jumping the gun. Tomorrow I'll be participating in my very first obstacle course race. It'll be 5K worth of obstacles and I'm both anxious and excited!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
What hell man!? That sucks, bro at least your back on your feet man. Little victories bro lol. Heal up quick That's some weight for T Bar Rows. Supported?
what do you mean by supported?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not an accomplishment (Yet) but will be after tomorrow, so I may be jumping the gun. Tomorrow I'll be participating in my very first obstacle course race. It'll be 5K worth of obstacles and I'm both anxious and excited!
Good luck! If I can get through then you DEFINETLY can.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like they always say: "One step @ a time."
Literally ;)
Good luck Kix! Let us know how it goes! We're all rooting you on!
what do you mean by supported?
This ^ supported vs standing bent over

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Rugged Maniac?

We just did that last weekend. What a blast!

Rings.jpg

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
In on this. Always cool to see what everyone else is accomplishing... I just hit a 505 squat I'll get posted up soon.

jdg76

jdg76

Awards
  • Established
Here we go. Not powerlifter worthy, but I am not a powerlifter ;) haha

[video=youtube;UHSJbvL8YQA]http://youtu.be/UHSJbvL8YQA?list=UUmx__hK9tFyXfd27U7GdjDw[/video]

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
This may not be fitness related more work related:

Got this Email about a competition we ran for 5 guys over the summer for Secret Shopper Scores:

WINNERS:

Josh and Team Greensburg take home both #1 for the quarter as well as Most Improved…$3250!
Dave and Team Vienna - #2 for the Quarter - $1000
Bob and Team Peninsula in Erie - #3 as well as 3rd most improved - $1500
Tim and Team Rotunda – 4th place - $500
Chris and Team Irwin – 5th place - $500
Chris and Team Hilliard – 2nd most improved - $750

1500$ bonus to my Crew and Team
YEAH BUDDY!!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Alright, here's mine. Finally managed to do ten, "toe to bars". :D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Good stuff man :D

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Bump - not lifting related, but I changed the dead battery in my truck for the first time. What should have been a quick 15 minute change took me an hour, lulz. :)

Dead Battery Woes:

car1.jpg

Had to sub with this wrench most of the time:

car2.jpg

Brand spanking new battery finally in. Dropped the socket many times and had to remove cooler to retrieve, many times. Flimsy socket!

car3.jpg

Dirty hands but job accomplished!

car4.jpg

herderdude

herderdude

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Got into new territory on my equipped bench press today! 515 off of a 2 board. Gotta get my upper back and triceps stronger to keep taking the weight up a notch.

chedapalooza

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great thread. Finally had a week of two HIIT treadmill sessions with no injury flare up..been rehabbing hip flexor and psoas injuries since July from a bad deadlift. Haven't been able to run or job until last week!

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I competed in my fourth powerlifting meet and scored myself a squat PR. Nothing else worked up but I'm still happy about that!!

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Bump - not lifting related, but I changed the dead battery in my truck for the first time. What should have been a quick 15 minute change took me an hour, lulz. :)

Dead Battery Woes:

View attachment 108112

Had to sub with this wrench most of the time:

View attachment 108114

Brand spanking new battery finally in. Dropped the socket many times and had to remove cooler to retrieve, many times. Flimsy socket!

View attachment 108115

Dirty hands but job accomplished!

View attachment 108116
I highly recommend getting one of these:

31Q75xUV2eL._SY355_.jpg

Itl grab most anything if you can see it

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Competed in my first ever PL meet yesterday. Hit a PR squat at 320 and beat my goal I set for myself by totaling 935
Very nice!