HIT training

biggmac1025

Awards
Want to start a forum on this topic. Let the fun begin.

jimmyg

Awards
its working for me, I know a lot of people will bash it and say its not a valid form of training.

im no expert and would never claim to have a "great" body.

But sticking to the principles I have lost over 70lb of fat and gained a lot of strength and fitness in the two years I have been training.

I don't have hours and hours to do endless workouts and sets.

I train 3 times a week and train for around 20-25mins doing 10-12 exercises for single sets to positive failure, and every workout im aiming for another rep or an increase in weight, following the double progression principle.

I see other people training at the gym I use who are still using the same weights for exercises they where using months ago , where as mine have steadily increased week on week, month on month.

wish I had a training partner so I could employ some more of the advanced principles of HIT, I believe that I could progress even quicker.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Does work in terms of boosting stamina and T-levels. Many different ways to arrive at the end goal. Sprints, Running up stairs, Walking Lunge-Lunge-Squat with heavy dumb bell or large plate, Burpees to failure, etc.etc. Pick your poison.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Does work in terms of boosting stamina and T-levels. Many different ways to arrive at the end goal. Sprints, Running up stairs, Walking Lunge-Lunge-Squat with heavy dumb bell or large plate, Burpees to failure, etc.etc. Pick your poison.
He is referring to High Intensity Training, not High Intensity Interval Training.

As my name implies, I am a fan of HIT training. I believe that Mentzer was way ahead of his time in particular. I'm not saying he was right about everything, but he developed theories that you could apply and measure, which is a big part of this entire process that most programs lack. i.e. - this is what works, if you try it and it isn't working than you have a dosage issue (too much or too little) and the theory allows you to adjust to your needs.

Having said that, other forms of training seem to work too, and I don't follow Mentzer's, Darden's nor Jones' routines exactly as they prescribe. When I have followed their routines and when I have applied their principles to my own routines, I have seen consistent progress at a much faster rate than most people experience. Having said that, the same can probably be said by certain people who use German Volume Training.

I think that some people are mentally geared toward working out at lower intensities for longer durations and others are geared toward high intensity for brief durations. I happen to like the all-out effort and rate my workouts on how far I "pushed". i.e. - if I got to a point that I thought I was done and got an extra 1-2 reps after I had "given up" - then I know I went hard. If I then do a drop set and repeat that 2-3 times without a rest, I will be fried and know I had a good workout that will produce results next week.

HomeWorkouts

Awards
If it works then do it. I've seen results from high intensity and I've seen results from other programs.

sparky2014

Awards
I just started Drew Baye's "Project Kratos" and did some DDP Yoga today. I've also placed a order for some Ostabol, Dr. Jekell, and 2 bottles of Follidrex. This should be a fun month.