DC training question

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
I know how the basic rest pause scheme works of 11-15 rp. Weight you can do 10 times. Do one set get 10 reps or so, 15 short breaths then another set proly around 3 or so then another 15 short breaths then last set proly around 1 or 2. If total reps are greater than 15 add weight. If less than 15 shoot for more reps next time. My question is on the 15-20 or 20-30 rp rep ranges, like how are they completed like start with a weight I can do for 15 reps on the 15-20 rep range?

wray98

wray98

Awards
I know how the basic rest pause scheme works of 11-15 rp. Weight you can do 10 times. Do one set get 10 reps or so, 15 short breaths then another set proly around 3 or so then another 15 short breaths then last set proly around 1 or 2. If total reps are greater than 15 add weight. If less than 15 shoot for more reps next time. My question is on the 15-20 or 20-30 rp rep ranges, like how are they completed like start with a weight I can do for 15 reps on the 15-20 rep range?
I tried the DC method for a while, I liked it but still prefer doing standard volume training. Logically though, I would say you are right on the 15-20 rep range at stopping the first attempt at 15 reps, 2-3 for the next attempt and 1 for the final.

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
i still don't understand how the 15-20 or the 20-30 ranges work I know its probably simple but I would appreciate it if someone could explain it to me. Like what weight do you pick that you can do how many times for either of those ranges?

wray98

wray98

Awards
Logically I would assume if you are going for 15 reps in the set, 10-11 the first attempt, 2-3 the second and 1-2 the 3rd attempt.
On the 20 rep set, 14-15 first attempt, 2-4 second, 1-2 3rd.

I could be wrong on the above though, but logically that is what and how I would think it would go. ****, worst thing that could happen is that have to readjust the reps or weight. Trial and error!

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
thats what I was thinking too just hard to find information about it haha thanks man!

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
When I was doing DC most of my heavier rep sets ended up being 12-5-2 for the 15-20 and 15-8-3 for the 20-30. Obviously these are approximations but similar to the 10-15 sets pick a weight you can do for just under the low end of the range for your first set. Though I'm not sure the each protocol.

wolfpack893

wolfpack893

Awards
  • Established
When I was doing DC most of my heavier rep sets ended up being 12-5-2 for the 15-20 and 15-8-3 for the 20-30. Obviously these are approximations but similar to the 10-15 sets pick a weight you can do for just under the low end of the range for your first set. Though I'm not sure the each protocol.
that makes sense, and I think as long as I am consistent in my logbook I can always make sure to add weight or reps for the next time I do the exercise which is the ultimate goal of this training I think progress over time. thanks!

frankz2

frankz2

Awards
that makes sense, and I think as long as I am consistent in my logbook I can always make sure to add weight or reps for the next time I do the exercise which is the ultimate goal of this training I think progress over time. thanks!
A logbook becomes your best friend during DC. For me, a training partner was extremely beneficial as well. Those final sets can be really difficult to get pumped up for and while I typically prefer lone-wolfing it, a gym buddy sure seemed necessary. Damn widow maker squats!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Intense muscle dot com. Go to dantes corner and all your questions are answered.

The reps you dictate. You don't have to hit 20 reps. the goal is to beat either the reps every workout until you reach "x" amount and When you do, then add weight and do the same thing.

Log book is the best tracker or an app on your phone.

Stretches are a huge factor as well as doing the prescribed cardio