I'm a Beginner PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

peterjohara96

Awards
I am a beginner, i have only been going to the gym for seven solid months. I saw amazing gains the first four months. obviously i know its not easy and its not a sport that comes quick so I'm looking for some tips to bulk up and see more major gains like the first four months. note i have a good split going, i also try to switch up the movements and add supersets/drop sets/ pyramids in with the equation.

OnionKnight

OnionKnight

Awards
You contradicted yourself here broski

i have a good split going, i also try to switch up the movements and add supersets/drop sets/ pyramids in with the equation.
Don't switch up the movements or the rep scheme. All that stuff at the end is great when you hit intermediate, but probly not really necessary for you right now. Keep it simple, follow a proven program, and watch the numbers take off. I always tell people to read 5x5. But westside for skinny bastards is a good one too. 5/3/1 is my favorite if you already have some experience under the bar

cutz

cutz

Banned
Awards
I am a beginner, i have only been going to the gym for seven solid months. I saw amazing gains the first four months. obviously i know its not easy and its not a sport that comes quick so I'm looking for some tips to bulk up and see more major gains like the first four months. note i have a good split going, i also try to switch up the movements and add supersets/drop sets/ pyramids in with the equation.
Try increasing your cals a lil bit

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
If you're truly a beginner then most of the split programs are not necessarily the best for you. Generally speaking beginners see the most benefit from full body workouts done 3x weekly or at least an upper/lower split. Helps keep muscle imbalances from forming early on and trains your body to work as a unit. Studies have shown that beginners will get the most out of their gym time with this approach. Body part split programs are best reserved for after you have more lifting time under your belt ....

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Eat more and get on a proven program. For beginners I like 5x5 or 5,3,1

wray98

wray98

Awards
Get on a balanced food pounding diet and start with the full body workouts as outlined above, 5x5 system or something like this:

Legs (more compound movements)
Arms/Shoulders/Chest (2 exercises for each)
Back (2 types of rows and pull-ups)

As you start to grow, add more sets into the program and once you feel you have out grown the program move into a body part split system.