MI40 Program - What to expect???

jcmelton

jcmelton

Awards
Just started B-Pak's MI40 program this past Monday and wanted to know if anybody has done it and what to expect from it?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
I have his first program I assume this is just an update to max hypertrophy probably a few new things. But I can say the last one was great and I would expect this to be on the same level I like the variation in exercises and rep an tempo changes it makes a big difference in my workouts.

jcmelton

jcmelton

Awards
This is the first one that I have. I don't have X. Did you see muscle gains or fat lose like he states? Just trying to get some more incite to drive my motivation. I am currently only half into the first week and the sorest I have been in quite some time. That alone has me pumped and ready for more.

ishpart

ishpart

Awards
I have been interested in this program for a while but dont like the price tag. Were you able to find it at a discounted price? :)

jcmelton

jcmelton

Awards
Don't know about any discounts.

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This is the first one that I have. I don't have X. Did you see muscle gains or fat lose like he states? Just trying to get some more incite to drive my motivation. I am currently only half into the first week and the sorest I have been in quite some time. That alone has me pumped and ready for more.
I haven't tried MI40, but as with all programs, muscle gain or fat loss will ultimately come down to your diet. The training should help accomplish either goal if nutrition is lined up accordingly.

ablaman

Awards
I had awesome gains with mi40!
Around 5kg gain, maybe 3-3.5kg was muscle at most.
Works great when you've hit a plateau and been training for strength for too long.

jcmelton

jcmelton

Awards
I had awesome gains with mi40!
Around 5kg gain, maybe 3-3.5kg was muscle at most.
Works great when you've hit a plateau and been training for strength for too long.
Sounds like you made some great gains from it. What was your nutrition like while doing the program? I am feeling muscle soreness in places that I have not felt in quite some time. I did chest on Tuesday morning and my gf said my chest still looked pumped Wednesday night. I have felt tight from each lift all week. Gotta Love the Pain of Progress!!!

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Its a well rounded program with built in periodization. The progression through the program is well done and will keep you gaining and growing...

The rest periods are key as is keeping to strict form.

The basic premis is hitting full ROM and all the angles of a specific muscle group and achieving hypertrophy through lower rest periods, and triple/quadruple drop sets. Later in the program super sets and giant sets push you into a state of over-reaching... They are not easy but very effective..

If you know Bens methods it's all about TUT, fully contracting the muscle and cell swelling.

The new X version includes what Ben calls intra-set- loaded-stretching.

jcmelton

jcmelton

Awards
Its a well rounded program with built in periodization. The progression through the program is well done and will keep you gaining and growing...

The rest periods are key as is keeping to strict form.

The basic premis is hitting full ROM and all the angles of a specific muscle group and achieving hypertrophy through lower rest periods, and triple/quadruple drop sets. Later in the program super sets and giant sets push you into a state of over-reaching... They are not easy but very effective..

If you know Bens methods it's all about TUT, fully contracting the muscle and cell swelling.

The new X version includes what Ben calls intra-set- loaded-stretching.

Thanks Daniel!!! This is the type of feedback (good or bad) that I am looking for. What type of gains in size or weight did you see from your use of the program? What was your nutrition like while on the program?

ablaman

Awards
Sounds like you made some great gains from it. What was your nutrition like while doing the program? I am feeling muscle soreness in places that I have not felt in quite some time. I did chest on Tuesday morning and my gf said my chest still looked pumped Wednesday night. I have felt tight from each lift all week. Gotta Love the Pain of Progress!!!
My nutrition was average.
It was clean but not dialled in. Hence why some fat gain happened.
But those 40 days were tough and it showed when I finished that I pushed it, because it was a nice transformation.
Shirts and pants were tighter and stomach didn't really grow (my worst fat storage site)

I since moved onto Hypertrophy MAX.
Even greater gains and development in this.
Uses the MI40 methods and philosophies and delves in 1000 times deeper.

I'm a big fan of Ben and his teaching methods.

Continue with MI40, and if you love it, HMAX opens up again in December.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Thanks Daniel!!! This is the type of feedback (good or bad) that I am looking for. What type of gains in size or weight did you see from your use of the program? What was your nutrition like while on the program?
I saw about +5lbs lean mass (thats a lot for me at this stage actually). It forced me to focus more on contraction and form and the reps/set and rest periods where a needed change. I was sore after almost every workout.

I was not 100% on with diet because my wife was pregnant (gave in to sympathy eating) and this also affected my schedule so it took me more than 40days to complete.

I would recommend it. But also, take time to understand the structure and why it works. Then apply this to your own program. I am not a cookie cutter program kind of guy, I believe in understanding what works and why then applying it.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
I feel like it's an awesome plan, but just that a plan. Great to do for 40 days, but after that you're going to want some strength work and whatnot. Some stuff i think is not as optimal as he makes it out to be. Shorter rest periods = more growth? There's evidence both ways. More pump? Maybe. Also the whole nutrition part I think is sort of men.

Overall as good as a none personalized plan gets.

As Daniel said, what I liked most was taking stuff from it and applying it to a more long term program for myself.

jcmelton

jcmelton

Awards
I saw about +5lbs lean mass (thats a lot for me at this stage actually). It forced me to focus more on contraction and form and the reps/set and rest periods where a needed change. I was sore after almost every workout.

I was not 100% on with diet because my wife was pregnant (gave in to sympathy eating) and this also affected my schedule so it took me more than 40days to complete.

I would recommend it. But also, take time to understand the structure and why it works. Then apply this to your own program. I am not a cookie cutter program kind of guy, I believe in understanding what works and why then applying it.
I feel like it's an awesome plan, but just that a plan. Great to do for 40 days, but after that you're going to want some strength work and whatnot. Some stuff i think is not as optimal as he makes it out to be. Shorter rest periods = more growth? There's evidence both ways. More pump? Maybe. Also the whole nutrition part I think is sort of men.

Overall as good as a none personalized plan gets.

As Daniel said, what I liked most was taking stuff from it and applying it to a more long term program for myself.

Thanks guys. I am liking the program very well. I completely understand the whole "plan" issue. What I am doing with this is learning new techniques so that I can apply to future workouts. I have currently been sore more so than quite some time. It's been like I have never lifted before in some aspects. I am actually feeling soreness directly in the worked muscle groups, which helps me solidify that mind-muscle connection for better gains. I love to learn and so far this has taught me a lot. Looking forward to the remaining 5 weeks.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Thanks guys. I am liking the program very well. I completely understand the whole "plan" issue. What I am doing with this is learning new techniques so that I can apply to future workouts. I have currently been sore more so than quite some time. It's been like I have never lifted before in some aspects. I am actually feeling soreness directly in the worked muscle groups, which helps me solidify that mind-muscle connection for better gains. I love to learn and so far this has taught me a lot. Looking forward to the remaining 5 weeks.
sounds solid man keep it up