Crunched for time @ the gym...

ikeNball

ikeNball

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, I've been working my ass off (at work). And doing yoga afterwards, as opposed to my normal 4-5 day/2 rest weekly lifting split. Please offer me some decent 20-40 minute lifting routines!
Honestly if you could go in and just hit 1,2, or 3 exercises what would they be and in what rep/set scheme? (FYI I'm lean and trying to maintain so looking for moderate reps/moderate weight). Thanks y'all.

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
5/3/1 would be a perfect fit. You could do the 5/3/1 "I ain't doing sh*t" when you gotta be in a hurry or "boring but big". BBB should take 40 min or less

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
Buy the book on Amazon, totally worth it

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Honestly if you could go in and just hit 1,2, or 3 exercises what would they be and in what rep/set scheme? (FYI I'm lean and trying to maintain so looking for moderate reps/moderate weight). Thanks y'all.
Day 1 Monday (say)
Squats 3x 8-10 (legs-hips-some back)
OHP's 3x8 (Shoulders-some arms)
Rows 3x8 (back-some arms)

Day 2 Thurs
BP's 3x8-10 Chest-shoulders-some arms)
Deads 3x6 (back-hips-legs)
Arms 3x10-12 (arms-grip)

2x per week pretty much hitting entire big body structures. IMO, if one did this with focus and "adding small amounts of weight weekly" whilst eating, can gain overall BW/mass and good strength and it is easy to follow and can be pretty quick to do. However, if done with determination to progress, is hard work.

It is never really the specific routines, (thou many think it is) as much as it is the work, effort and determination one puts into a few large compound exercises, like squatting, deadlifting, rowing & pressing moves.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agree with Paul. I'd also add that you could look at a Rest/Pause routine as it will move you through the big compounds quicker while adding strength and mass and you can add accessory work as time allows.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I workout on my lunch break and am saddled with about 30 mins for the weights and 10 mins for cardio. For weights I do:
Mon-Chest
Tues-Back
Thurs-Legs/shoulders
Fri-Arms

I've been doing a type of PRRS and one week doing high volume, next mid volume, third low volume. I take very short breaks and don't mess around, tunnel vision needed for sure. But I've been doing this for awhile now and never felt short changed in the gym and numbers have been steadily going up.