- 08-18-2014, 03:50 PM
About six weeks ago i injured my hip squating. Im not real sure how but ive got this continuing sharp pain in my right hip any time i squat. Even squating 135 its very noticable. Anyone ever had this issue? Its in the joint for sure and its began to pop doing leg raises. What are some hip excersises that could slowly reability my hip? Ive tryed about eveything i know so far with no luck
- 08-18-2014, 10:35 PM
- 08-18-2014, 11:44 PM
Olympus Labs Forum Rep
Olympus Labs, turning mere mortals into Demigods!!!
Visit us at: http://olympus-labs.com/
08-19-2014, 02:28 AM
Could be a labral tear as Braski suggested. If MRI shows nothing, I'd get some gluteal work in if I were you. Work glute max/medius and the deep lateral hip rotators. Also make sure the hip (each leg) has adequate range of motion (rotation), as a deficit may pull the femur out of center in the acetabular fossa (head of legbone in socket).
Another common issue is gluteal gripping (pretty much a constant muscle activation, pulling the femoral head forward in the acetabulum. Suggested in Lee's research http://www.dianelee.ca/article-butt-grippers.php
Similar Forum Threads
- By iDShaDoW in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 7Last Post: 12-04-2009, 02:22 AM
- By Trapark666 in forum 35 and OlderReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2009, 12:39 PM
- By firefighter2032 in forum Training ForumReplies: 2Last Post: 06-14-2009, 11:44 PM
- By Beowulf in forum MMAReplies: 18Last Post: 10-13-2006, 10:18 AM
- By Jcc in forum Exercise ScienceReplies: 2Last Post: 07-16-2003, 04:30 PM