Hip pain - AnabolicMinds.com

Hip pain

1. New Member
    Stats
    6'1"  217 lbs.

Hip pain

About six weeks ago i injured my hip squating. Im not real sure how but ive got this continuing sharp pain in my right hip any time i squat. Even squating 135 its very noticable. Anyone ever had this issue? Its in the joint for sure and its began to pop doing leg raises. What are some hip excersises that could slowly reability my hip? Ive tryed about eveything i know so far with no luck

2. New Member

Quote Originally Posted by bangbang92 View Post
    About six weeks ago i injured my hip squating. Im not real sure how but ive got this continuing sharp pain in my right hip any time i squat. Even squating 135 its very noticable. Anyone ever had this issue? Its in the joint for sure and its began to pop doing leg raises. What are some hip excersises that could slowly reability my hip? Ive tryed about eveything i know so far with no luck

Better get that looked at brah, could be FAI or labral issue, no one here can provide that info to u at this time
  3. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'3"  238 lbs.

Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by bangbang92 View Post
    Well are you sure your hip wasnt popping before you noticed the pain? Phantom popping is extremely common. How old are you? Have you tried any other mobility moves in the Supine position? Im thinking Hip ER/IR, Figure 4, Fabers Test, Knee to Chest and Bridges. How painful is the leg raises with the pop? I can say I see 4-way leg raises coming but if you sustained an injury 6 weeks ago and its still causing a good deal of pain then its something to get check out by a doc. Best of luck to you and wish ya a speedy recovery.
    Bigger and Better Is all I KNOW!!!
    Current Log= http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/250352-follidrone-cutting-package.html
    •   

4. New Member

Could be a labral tear as Braski suggested. If MRI shows nothing, I'd get some gluteal work in if I were you. Work glute max/medius and the deep lateral hip rotators. Also make sure the hip (each leg) has adequate range of motion (rotation), as a deficit may pull the femur out of center in the acetabular fossa (head of legbone in socket).

Another common issue is gluteal gripping (pretty much a constant muscle activation, pulling the femoral head forward in the acetabulum. Suggested in Lee's research http://www.dianelee.ca/article-butt-grippers.php

Similar Forum Threads

1. Hip Pains when Squatting?
    By iDShaDoW in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 01:22 AM
  2. Hip Pain
    By Trapark666 in forum 35 and Older
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-28-2009, 11:39 AM
  3. Squats & Hip Pain
    By firefighter2032 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 2