5-3-1 Supplemental and accessory

  1. New Member
    iddc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    209772
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    68.92%

    5-3-1 Supplemental and accessory


    currently kinda all over the place with my sup. and accessory work.
    target: stronger bench, lower back strengthening, stronger shoulders

    Bench 5-3-1
    CG incline press - rest pause sets
    Kroc rows
    db tricep extensions
    facepull

    Squat 5-3-1
    DB BSS <--will be replaced by front squats once lower back is strong again
    45 deg back extension
    calves

    OHP 5-3-1
    Floor press - rest pause sets
    BB rows
    Dips
    DB side raise

    Deadlift - regular sets light weight moderate-high reps <--- will be replaced by 5-3-1 sets once lower back is strong again
    rack pulls
    box squat
    snatch grip high pulls
    Biceps/grip


    any fixes i can do guys?

  2. Elite Member
    Jiigzz's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  205 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    6,787
    Rep Power
    9918765
    Level
    101
    Lv. Percent
    6.16%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by iddc View Post
    currently kinda all over the place with my sup. and accessory work.
    target: stronger bench, lower back strengthening, stronger shoulders

    Bench 5-3-1
    CG incline press - rest pause sets
    Kroc rows
    db tricep extensions
    facepull

    Squat 5-3-1
    DB BSS <--will be replaced by front squats once lower back is strong again
    45 deg back extension
    calves

    OHP 5-3-1
    Floor press - rest pause sets
    BB rows
    Dips
    DB side raise

    Deadlift - regular sets light weight moderate-high reps <--- will be replaced by 5-3-1 sets once lower back is strong again
    rack pulls
    box squat
    snatch grip high pulls
    Biceps/grip

    any fixes i can do guys?
    What acc. Template are you following? BBB or periodisation bible are my preferred
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    X-gels: Arachidonic Acid made affordable
  3. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    13,917
    Rep Power
    4668155
    Level
    98
    Lv. Percent
    36.08%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro
    Awards Strongman - Award nomination from TheMovement accepted.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    What acc. Template are you following? BBB or periodisation bible are my preferred
    Concur with Periodization Bible
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
    •   
       

  4. New Member
    iddc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    209772
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    68.92%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jiigzz View Post
    What acc. Template are you following? BBB or periodisation bible are my preferred
    periodization
  5. New Member
    iddc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    209772
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    68.92%

    Should I add in or modify supplemental and/or accessory work that would help me with my goals?
    Training log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254917-5-3-1-a.html
  6. Senior Member
    money0351's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,180
    Rep Power
    3976910
    Level
    73
    Lv. Percent
    59.73%
    Achievements Posting ProActivity AuthorityActivity Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by iddc View Post
    Should I add in or modify supplemental and/or accessory work that would help me with my goals?
    What rep ranges do you use? I use Dave Tate's periodization and I'll be anywhere from 10-20 depending on weight being used
  7. Diamond Member
    Sean1332's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    13,917
    Rep Power
    4668155
    Level
    98
    Lv. Percent
    36.08%
    Achievements Activity RoyaltyActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro
    Awards Strongman - Award nomination from TheMovement accepted.

    Quote Originally Posted by iddc View Post
    Should I add in or modify supplemental and/or accessory work that would help me with my goals?
    That's the whole point of supplemental and accessory work, so yup.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  8. New Member
    iddc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    209772
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    68.92%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post

    That's the whole point of supplemental and accessory work, so yup.
    I meant, with the list I have up there? Should I change anything else at the moment?

    I recently watched Dave Tate's seminar on accessory work. Great stuff! That made me change from having a chest/legs/shoulders/back day to something more on periodization
    Training log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254917-5-3-1-a.html
  9. New Member
    iddc's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  165 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    432
    Rep Power
    209772
    Level
    24
    Lv. Percent
    68.92%

    Quote Originally Posted by money0351 View Post

    What rep ranges do you use? I use Dave Tate's periodization and I'll be anywhere from 10-20 depending on weight being used
    Supplemental work, the movement right after my main, will go from 6-10 reps depending on weight

    All accessories are hypertrophy sets 10++
    Training log
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/254917-5-3-1-a.html
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. NOW supplements and label claims?
    By CEDeoudes59 in forum Supplements
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-17-2005, 06:08 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 01:17 PM
  3. More bad press for supplements (and Arnold)
    By UnicronSpawn in forum News and Articles
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-26-2005, 06:49 AM
  4. Favorite NO supplement and why?
    By chevelleman in forum Supplements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-11-2005, 09:58 AM
  5. Please critique my Supplementation and diet
    By Bernie1b in forum Supplements
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-12-2005, 08:20 AM
Log in
Log in