tell me how to build my brachialis please!

clayface91

clayface91

Awards
I'm talking about the outermost head of the biceps or the peak

hammer curls seem to be the only thing that does something, although it doesn't feel like it's the most effective

reverse grip curls didn't seem to do much, some say overhead curling works...

any tried and true methods?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
I'm talking about the outermost head of the biceps or the peak hammer curls seem to be the only thing that does something, although it doesn't feel like it's the most effective reverse grip curls didn't seem to do much, some say overhead curling works... any tried and true methods?
The biceps brachii is made of two heads. The outer head(long head) is the one that makes a bicep have its peak, not the brachialis. Some of your bicep peak is dependent on your genetics, but with that said some good exercises that help target the long head is incline db curls. Its the fact that your arm is behind your torso that helps target the long head. Good luck mate!

magnetrude

magnetrude

Awards
If you're talking about the peak, Arnold claims that concentration curls are the best exercise for
building the peak.

magnetrude

magnetrude

Awards
If you're talking about peaking your biceps, Arnold claims that concentration curls are the best exercise for that.

hulkish1

hulkish1

Awards
The biceps brachii is made of two heads. The outer head(long head) is the one that makes a bicep have its peak, not the brachialis. Some of your bicep peak is dependent on your genetics, but with that said some good exercises that help target the long head is incline db curls. Its the fact that your arm is behind your torso that helps target the long head. Good luck mate!
^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^
Switching angles of attack on a muscle group is great for building new muscle for sure. also think more on building the tricep, bigger tricep makes the bicep standout more imo

clayface91

clayface91

Awards
really what I want is the brachialis, the outer most muscle between the triceps and the biceps on the side of the arm

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
really what I want is the brachialis, the outer most muscle between the triceps and the biceps on the side of the arm
Hammer curls, reverse grip bb/ez bar preacher curl!

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Pronated grip preacher curls. Just watch out, as it may aggrevate your elbow if you don't make sure your supinator muscle is strong.

CountryLiftin

CountryLiftin

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hammer curls. Anything with a hammer curl grip. Thats when it is most active.

brolexander

brolexander

Awards
Try doing a close grip curl with the straight bar, you want to have your palms touching pretty much at the middle of the bar. Should really feel it on the outer head.