Need a new workout routine to target arms more!

J

Jeepguy

Awards
This Is my current split

Monday-chest
Tuesday-back
Wed-shoulders
Thursday-legs
Fri-arms
Sat off
Sun off

I've been working out hard now for over a year and a half and off and on for 7 years. My arms are 18 1/4" now not pumped up I'm 254lbs and 6'2-3 I'm not a fat guy I can see all my abs and have vascular arms just not the size I'm looking for.

I'm looking for a program that puts more effort into gaining arm size I feel like working them last in the week is not such a good idea I want 20" arms all said and done. Btw I'm a natural guy no steroids only Walmart protein lol.

usealittle

usealittle

Awards
  • Established
Try like this...

Monday - chest/ shoulder/ tris
Tuesday - legs
Wendsday - off
Thursday - bis/ tris
Friday - off
Saturday - back/ bis
Sunday - off

Looks good or no?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Modified PHAT protocol! Arms gets hit directly 2 times a week and 1 time indirectly! This is my current split!

Monday- Upper
Tuesday- Lower
Wed- off or abs
Thursday- Chest and back
Friday- lower
Saturday- shoulders, bis, and tris!

bolt10

bolt10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'd up the frequency of your arm training. You may need to back off in other areas, but more frequent attempts to hit them may be beneficial.

Natty's suggestion above is a good one too.

J

Jeepguy

Awards
Nattyforlife what kind of exercises are you doing on your upper and lower days?

Another question of mine is it ok for a natural guy to hit arms twice a week?

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
Restricted blood flow training will help u out

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Modified PHAT protocol! Arms gets hit directly 2 times a week and 1 time indirectly! This is my current split!

Monday- Upper
Tuesday- Lower
Wed- off or abs
Thursday- Chest and back
Friday- lower
Saturday- shoulders, bis, and tris!

This!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Nattyforlife what kind of exercises are you doing on your upper and lower days? Another question of mine is it ok for a natural guy to hit arms twice a week?
Upper day is compound movements in the 5-8 range! Bb row, bb bench, bb incline, pullups, rows, etc. I also do 2 sets of closegrip for tris.
I do 1 set of db lateral raise that consist of a double dropset. I do like 2 sets of rear delt exercise, usually a widergrip cable rear delt row. 1 set of a bicep isolation exercise with a triple dropset. You can throw in some OHP, but i usually save that for shoulder day! Thats about it for the upper power day!

As for the lower day there is many ways of doing it! 1) have one day for hamstring and another for quads. 2) do a regular leg workout twice a week, just make it smaller because your gonna hit legs again in a couple of days. 3) do deadlift one lower day and squat the other lower day! Also to note i hit legs twice a week then once a week and then twice a week(just keep rotating)! Hope this helps, if you have any questions just ask!

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
I just use resistance band, but most articles use knee wraps. Both are effective

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yup, use 20-30% of RM and have fun!!! DOMS for days
I've never tried it on my arms but I'll do it for unilateral leg work. The pump is almost too much, but I actually think it helps my recovery, so that's been my sole purpose for doing it.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Got a PM about my PHAT protocol, and it would be easier to just post a pic in this thread than sen through PM! Also to note this is taylored toward my weakness and strengths, so you might can change some exercises around a bit! Any suggestions give it a go!

image-494616604.jpg

image-1628856510.jpg

image-2957961011.jpg

image-104401175.jpg

image-2756969178.jpg

image-3864634869.jpg

Attachments