Overkill? Suggestions?

gspark05

gspark05

Awards
27, 5'10"
Lifting Seriously - 5 years
Progress - 120lbs - 181lbs
Work is non stop cardio

For the last year I've been doing push/pull/"legs" (I wont lie I could be 10 pounds heavier if I did legs more than once a month ... but at least I'm honest. Besides not being a ***** with legs please let me know how this looks).

Basic Supps:
Mass Gainer - 2x day
Creatine - 10g per day
Beta Aline - recommended dose as per GNC
BCAA caps - recommended dose 2x day
L-Carnatine - 2000mg per day
ZMA - nights
Meals - Eat till full, then keep eating until I feel like puking 3-6x day

Push Day -
High Incline DB press (35,70,75,75x11)
Reg Incline DB press (75,75,75x11)
DB Press (75,75,75x11)
Decline BB Press (135,135,135x11)

Dips (bodyweight to exhaustion 3 sets)
Weighted Bench Dips (45,90,90,90x11)
Tricep Push Down to Overhand Tricep Pull Down (75,75,75x11 - 35,35,35x~6)

DB Shoulder Press (35,55,55,55x11)
DB Lateral Raises (30,30,30x11)
Machine Shoulder Press Dropsets 10lb incriment to exhaustion (55-25,55-25,55-25)
Cable Lateral Raise Slow (10,10,10x11)

Pull Day
Bent Over BB Row (110,160,160,160x11)
BB in corner row (or w/e its called) (180,180,180x11)
Wide Grip Pullups (sets to exhaustion until I can only do two)

Standing DB Curls (25,40,40,40x11)
Incline DB Curls (30,30,30x11)
Standing EZ curls (70,70,70x8)

Machine Shrugs (180,270,270,270x11)
Dropset Machine Shrugs 45lb incriments to failure (270-90,270-90)
BB Shrugs (225,225,225x11)

Generally my weeks looks like - push/pull/push/pull/rest repeat and sometimes I throw legs (deadlift, squat, machine leg press) into the routine and just keep doing push/pull until my body feels like it needs a day off. Sometimes I'll go everyday for a few weeks.

I know my big downfall is my diet. I need to eat more. A lot more. But is this routine doing more harm than good? If my body feels ok could I still be not getting the most results due to not resting enough? I have been looking for a good routine but I cant find one that beats the sh*t out of me like my current one does. I love leaving the gym feeling like I want to curl up in bed for the next few hours because my body is so tired.

What do you think? Other than do some **** *** **** legs

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
You may have already stated this but what's your goals?..
If it's to add size...up the weight ..If you can hit 11 reps with 70lb db try 80 or 85 to shock those muscle fibers to grow..imo machines are OK but do not rely on them..bench.deadlift.squat should be your staples...If you are serious about lifting or reaching your goals you need to do your legs...you will look pretty retarded with a bigger upper body and twigs for legs ha...plus you will notice strength and size increase all over once you start incorporating legs...but to each there own

gspark05

gspark05

Awards
Goals are simply to be the biggest I can be. Size.

I know legs need to be on my priority list. I'm not completely lacking in the lower. Decent calves, decent quads, but nothing like on top. I have definition of the major muscles in the quads, but again I know I'm not doing what I should there.

Nonetheless is a push pull routine done as shown above ok with a day of rest in between? I'm worried about overtraining, but I feel fine and can put consistant numbers up. With legs it would be 2 days in between which may help. But I want to go through the roof. Any better advanced BB routines you'd point me to instead of what I'm doing?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Your seriously gonna just neglect legs?

gspark05

gspark05

Awards
I say I neglect them because I don't do as much as I should. I do some. Not enough. I should be doing them on their own day and I will. I realize the weak point. But I squat 225 for 11. Not good but I don't neglect them.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Do a push pull legs split and be done with it!

gspark05

gspark05

Awards
I guess I was looking for someone to tell me to do one muscle a day. I contemplated it but I feel like 30 mins is enough to completely exhaust a muscle. And I'd you need 24 hours to recover you'd make the most progress with a2 day split.