Awards
  • Established
Monday- bis/tris
Tuesday- shoulders/calves
Wednesday-chest/tricep
Thurday-back/bicep
Friday-legs
Sat-Sunday active rest

Any suggestions on changes or specific workouts that should be done?
Goal is to keep some size while leaning up. I just started doing fasted cardio in the mornings 3 days a week.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
Age- 21

Weight- 185/190

5"11

stinkywinky

Awards
That's quite a bit of work for bi's and tri's. I'd personally swap out Monday and do legs again, just my thoughts :)

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Monday- bis/tris
Tuesday- shoulders/calves
Wednesday-chest/tricep
Thurday-back/bicep
Friday-legs
Sat-Sunday active rest

Any suggestions on changes or specific workouts that should be done?
Goal is to keep some size while leaning up. I just started doing fasted cardio in the mornings 3 days a week.
Only thing i would change is swap shoulders/calves to Friday And legs to Tuesday, that way your not training tris again on Tuesday.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This ^^^

My split I have been using for the last few years that has continued with consistant progress:

Quads/Calves
Chest/Delts
Hams/Calves
Lats/Traps

Rest days mixed in intermitently.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
That split seems pretty solid mountainman33. You don't do any main bicep or tricep exercise? Or do you work them well enough hitting them as a secondary. Like if you do rows or close grip

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That split seems pretty solid mountainman33. You don't do any main bicep or tricep exercise? Or do you work them well enough hitting them as a secondary. Like if you do rows or close grip
I haven't done direct bi/tri work since starting that split and development isn't an issue. My recovery seemed to take a little less time when I started it as well, but that's purely anecdotle. It could just be in my head. But I will say I've gone 3 weeks with no rest days before with no issues.

LiftWithDonuts

LiftWithDonuts

Awards
  • Established
I might have to give that a try. Yeah I've noticed growth in my biceps from working them twice a week directly. Same with my triceps. I think i might try out legs 2x a week and see how that goes

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I haven't done direct bi/tri work in almost 5 years and they have just continued to grow. I just started an old school push/pull/leg/dead routine to change things up and I have bi and tri work on the respective push/pull days. Should be interesting.

mountainman33

mountainman33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've noticed a lot more people swithing to a 2x leg split, and with good results. My legs are the biggest they've ever been, and that's including when I played volleyball in college and did legs constantly for jumping.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think most everyone would benefit from a strength, composition, and athletic ability by doing legs 2x a week.

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
I've been doing this split for a while with great results. Maybe be too much volume/work for some people so adjust accordingly.

Mon: Chest / Tri / Abs
Tuesday: Back / bis
Wednesday: Legs / Calves / Abs
Thursday: Shoulders / Upper Chest
Friday: Arms / Abs
Saturday: Legs / Calves (if recovered enough from wed. this week I wasn't so I didn't train legs!)
Sunday: Track Workout (45 minutes)

20 minutes of interval stairs post workout mon-saturday.

1 Scoop eFlow Nutrition ENRAGE preworkout
1 Scoop purple wrath or metabolic nutrition BCAA during workout
2 scoop whey protein and 50 grams carbs post workout (I use a variety of different protein and carb sources depending on what I feel like drinking/eating)

current weight about 180-185 and 6-7% BF

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
I've been doing this split for a while with great results. Maybe be too much volume/work for some people so adjust accordingly. Mon: Chest / Tri / Abs Tuesday: Back / bis Wednesday: Legs / Calves / Abs Thursday: Shoulders / Upper Chest Friday: Arms / Abs Saturday: Legs / Calves (if recovered enough from wed. this week I wasn't so I didn't train legs!) Sunday: Track Workout (45 minutes) 20 minutes of interval stairs post workout mon-saturday. 1 Scoop eFlow Nutrition ENRAGE preworkout 1 Scoop purple wrath or metabolic nutrition BCAA during workout 2 scoop whey protein and 50 grams carbs post workout (I use a variety of different protein and carb sources depending on what I feel like drinking/eating) current weight about 180-185 and 6-7% BF
Wolf, if you don't mind, what do your leg workouts look like those days?

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
Wolf, if you don't mind, what do your leg workouts look like those days?
I took about a month + off from training legs because I was having some serious pain/stiffness in my knees and quads. I couldn't even do a bodyweight squat. But I've been slowly working leg's back in, as of last week lol. probably one of the reasons I was so sore after last wednesday leg session. Let me tell you tho, my leg's feel great now, no more stiffness or pain, that time off helped a LOT!

I followed pretty much my regular leg workout, aimed for about 15 reps per set: Squats, Leg Press, Stiff Legged Deads, Leg Ext, Leg Curls, one set of walking lunges (lol), and blasted calves standing and seated. Here's a pic i took last wednesday, mind you I took at least a month off from training legs.

Legs.jpg