AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I am looking for a new training program. My goal is hypertrophy, but I would like to add some strength as well, but that is not my primary goal. I can train 5 days a week if a split calls for it. Currently, I am following PHAT and just feel like I need a change of pace. Two programs I were looking at were

http://www.**********************/workouts/power-muscle-burn-5-day-powerbuilding-split.html

5/3/1: Who Was CNS Version. Guaranteed amazing results. - Bodybuilding.com Forums

Those were just two I came across. I am open to all and any suggestions.

EDIT: The top link just google search Power Muscle Burn 5 Day Powerbuilding Split

amarula

Awards
the 5\3\1 has many positive reviews, never tried it personally. I like the simplicity and efficacy of the traditional 5x5 for muscle and strenght

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
5/3/1 does seem like the way to go for a hypertrophy and strength mixed program. Just looking for reviews and other options too.

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
I mean, why dont you come up with your own individualized program that is tailored to your goals instead of using a program that is generalized. Only in this manner will you get optimal results. For me, I prefer blocking my training but for others concurrent means work for them.

PaulBlack

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am looking for a new training program. My goal is hypertrophy, but I would like to add some strength as well, but that is not my primary goal. I can train 5 days a week if a split calls for it. Currently, I am following PHAT and just feel like I need a change of pace.t
Growth and strength can go hand in hand in many cases. The best thing to keep in target is the 5-7 compound exercises, adding the most mass and power to the largest structures of the body, ie: the back, legs, hips, shoulders and chest. That can be done quite efficiently in 3 or 4 days per week actually. And hypertrophy will have a direct adjunct to your eating along with those exercises.
After that, routines can be secondary, so pick one that involves those 5-7 compounds first and foremost and you get your head into, Then adding progressive small increases in weight, weekly / bi weekly.
I think 4 day splits, are optimum for stuff like this IMO. More exercises and more days are not always better and can detract from overall hard effort and work and quality always trumps quantity.
Keeping things simple and focusing on a few lifts a day produces some of the best gains in strength/mass overall.
Do not overthink this stuff, as that causes CRCing, loss of gains and momentum and less efficiency overall.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
After doing some searching and talking to a person I work with, I think I am going to do the bodybuilding version of 5/3/1 for a few cycles to see how i respond. Lifting 4 days will also be great once classes start in 5 weeks also.

amarula

Awards
After doing some searching and talking to a person I work with, I think I am going to do the bodybuilding version of 5/3/1 for a few cycles to see how i respond. Lifting 4 days will also be great once classes start in 5 weeks also.
Can you post a link for that program?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It's a solid choice progression wise. Just tailor your assistance work to fit your needs. You can look up the "5/3/1 Periodization Bible"

Basically, take your main movement for the 5/3/1 sets, and then the other muscles associated.

Example:
5/3/1 Bench
-Then pyramid back down, or hit 75% for 3x8 or triples or whichever, switch it up.
-do a rowing movement
-bi's/tri's

5/3/1 Deadlift
then
-SLDL maybe
-Front Squat or lunges

Make sure you base your percentages off your training max (True 1RM minus %10)

It would be well worth the purchase for the "Beyond 5/3/1" E-Book. It's 120 pages of different variant you could do for an entire year.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
I am currently doing fst7 and really enjoy it however my first exercise for every muscle group I add in a 5x5 but other than that I follow the fst7 guidelines I like it because I get my 5x5 my 8-12 rep traditional then end with a crazy pump exercise. Check it out

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
amarula check out the following link, second page - http://www.mensfitness.com/training/build-muscle/531-variations

Sean, my co worker also said to check out the program you're referring to, he is a power lifter, but likes to use Dave Tate's version.

Live, I am aware of FST7, it has been around for a while, but I do not know if the reasoning behind doing the 7 sets is legit or not.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
amarula check out the following link, second page - http://www.mensfitness.com/training/build-muscle/531-variations

Sean, my co worker also said to check out the program you're referring to, he is a power lifter, but likes to use Dave Tate's version.

Live, I am aware of FST7, it has been around for a while, but I do not know if the reasoning behind doing the 7 sets is legit or not.
I get what your saying idk if I fully believe in the 7 sets in reference to it stretching the fascia of the muscle however it is a great finisher for that body part with a skin busting pump especially when ur on sd lol

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I get what your saying idk if I fully believe in the 7 sets in reference to it stretching the fascia of the muscle however it is a great finisher for that body part with a skin busting pump especially when ur on sd lol
From what I have read, it is very difficult to stretch fascia. I think the only reason it became popular was because Hany trains Phil Heath who also won the Olympia. If Heath had a different trainer, then that method would be popular.

live to lift

live to lift

Awards
From what I have read, it is very difficult to stretch fascia. I think the only reason it became popular was because Hany trains Phil Heath who also won the Olympia. If Heath had a different trainer, then that method would be popular.
Yea I don't believe in the program for its ability to stretch fascia however by me putting a 5x5 before every lift for each body part this program allows me to train in all rep ranges making it a killer workout for example chest day would consist of a 5x5 bench press followed by incline dumbbell press 3x 8-12 incline dumbell fly 3x8-12 flat dumbbell press 3x8-12 finished with a pump exercise being pec deck 7x8-12 with only 30 seconds between sets again do I recommend it for the "fascia stretching" NO, but still a decent program

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ok thanks
jimwendler.com and buy the book. there are links to articles on the program but it doesn't do the book any justice. there's no single good link, other than the ebook

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
I mean, why dont you come up with your own individualized program that is tailored to your goals instead of using a program that is generalized. Only in this manner will you get optimal results. For me, I prefer blocking my training but for others concurrent means work for them.
this could only be right for the extreme few that even know how to design a program right. there is a reason why proven programs are proven programs. we all have the same anatomy and therefore physiology. it means the mechanisms for growth are all the same. the variances we see are from hormone levels, work capacity, recovery capacity, eating habits, sleep patterns. but the mechanisms are the same.

looking at the biggest guys over the last 40 years, they were also the strongest guys. we know volume works great for size. volume can be determined not just by total reps or sets but by the amount of weight lifted. something should be lead you to an epiphany there.

5/3/1 is a proven program that can get you strong. it gets you strong with the main lift and it allows you to use the accessory work you need to meet your goals. getting stronger you can lift more in your accessory work which leads to more volume which leads to more size.

it also has planned deloads and a way to deal with stalls and plateaus which allow you to do this program for months and even years and not just the 4-8 weeks that most magazines would have you believe that a program is good for. that's cause they dont give you programs, they give you workouts. a workout is part of a program.

OP, there are other ones you can do. to get strong it is common for the proven programs to do 15-25 reps total for the main lift. then use whatever accessories are needed to make that main lift go up or meet your goals. they have a way to deal with long term issues so you can keep doing it for months if not years. if a plan does not have that, its probably not a proven program and has lots of holes in its design.

even after being a trainer for 9 years, designing hundreds if not thousands of workouts/programs for people i have found i am no better than what proven programs can do. so why try and reinvent the wheel. do what works and learn from it. cause you still need to figure out what accessory work is best for you, tip, it changes over the years. it can even change over a span of a few months. do something for 4 to 6 months though before you try and make changes.

amarula

Awards
this could only be right for the extreme few that even know how to design a program right. there is a reason why proven programs are proven programs. we all have the same anatomy and therefore physiology. it means the mechanisms for growth are all the same. the variances we see are from hormone levels, work capacity, recovery capacity, eating habits, sleep patterns. but the mechanisms are the same.

looking at the biggest guys over the last 40 years, they were also the strongest guys. we know volume works great for size. volume can be determined not just by total reps or sets but by the amount of weight lifted. something should be lead you to an epiphany there.

5/3/1 is a proven program that can get you strong. it gets you strong with the main lift and it allows you to use the accessory work you need to meet your goals. getting stronger you can lift more in your accessory work which leads to more volume which leads to more size.

it also has planned deloads and a way to deal with stalls and plateaus which allow you to do this program for months and even years and not just the 4-8 weeks that most magazines would have you believe that a program is good for. that's cause they dont give you programs, they give you workouts. a workout is part of a program.

OP, there are other ones you can do. to get strong it is common for the proven programs to do 15-25 reps total for the main lift. then use whatever accessories are needed to make that main lift go up or meet your goals. they have a way to deal with long term issues so you can keep doing it for months if not years. if a plan does not have that, its probably not a proven program and has lots of holes in its design.

even after being a trainer for 9 years, designing hundreds if not thousands of workouts/programs for people i have found i am no better than what proven programs can do. so why try and reinvent the wheel. do what works and learn from it. cause you still need to figure out what accessory work is best for you, tip, it changes over the years. it can even change over a span of a few months. do something for 4 to 6 months though before you try and make changes.
Do you think bill star's 5x5 fits in this description?

braskibra

braskibra

Awards

Come on, your greatly exaggerating the knowledge required to design your own program. If your under the misconception that everyone's anatomy and physiology are even remotely close to the same then your are severely disillusioned. Ruling out the fact that individual muscle insertion distance from the joint suit certain people better for this program you still have to consider individual differences in fiber orientation and composition. This is why some people respond better to higher reps while others benefit more from lower rep based programs. Plus the fact your not even considering training experience rules out everything you've said.

Using a cookie cutter program like 5/3/1 limits individuals creativity and ability to work on strengths and weaknesses. Beginners rarely have to deload early in training as neural adaptations and then hypertrophy will follow easily, allowing them to train for longer periods of time while continuing to make gains. The problem is a cookie cutter program like this may provide too much volume for a beginner and too much intensity. It is well known that beginners respond to less % intensity then experienced lifters. Advancing intensity too early can lead to plateaus later on in programming. On the other sided advanced and elite level lifters often train with much greater % intensity then this provides. No program can be used for years, sorry, that's why block periodization is so popular with elite olympic athletes.

Are you talking the biggest natural guys? or just the biggest guys?

Ronnie, Arnold, heath, etc hardly ever trained less than 5RM, just sayin even with hormonal usage

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have used FST-7 training style a few times, and thoroughly enjoyed it. Used GVT, PHAT... However, currently on my 4th run through a Meadows program and I think it might be worth you taking a look at. http://www.t-nation.com/store/articles/reactive-pump-program Don't get caught up in the supplement sales of it.. the program itself is excellent.
I love Meadows. I use some of his exercises from time to time. He is very well spoken and he gives solid explainations on why he does what he does. I am going to run 5/3/1 for a little while to assist in getting my strength up, something I've been working on for a year and a hlaf now since coming back from surgery. I bookmarked that article though and willl revisit it in 6 months or so.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Come on, your greatly exaggerating the knowledge required to design your own program.
my experience is that most trainers cant even design a decent program. they may make a decent workout, but not a program. its easy to do something hard, but will it get to the person's goals? does it have a progression plan? how does it deal with failure and the need for resets? most people, even supposedly educated trainers dont know how to do that.

then there is the thought of, why recreate the wheel. there is a reason why a proven program is proven. part of what makes it proven is how it allows for adaptation of accessory work to fit the specific lifter and their goals. that does take education and experience. in the end, it is a matter of opinion on this. you have yours, i have mine.

If your under the misconception that everyone's anatomy and physiology are even remotely close to the same then your are severely disillusioned.
let me ask you this then. do you have a published anatomy and physiology (A&P) based upon you and you alone? does your doctor have a copy? have you seen my anatomy and physiology book? probably not as they dont exist. let's take a gander that doctors can be an anatomy and physiology experts. when they go to medical school they study the A&P of homo sapiens. NOT of each and every human alive. now that just sounds silly doesnt it? its how your idea that we all have different A&P sound.

our A&Ps are so similar to not just other homo sapiens but to other animals, namely rats, that they are used in testing. why do you ask. as they are that similar to ours. A&P are similar enough that even vets, in a crunch could technically deal with human medical issues as they have a base understanding of A&P. now if you are right and even between homo sapiens our A&P are so different this could not happen.

now you have made a claim. i have shown some examples how your understanding is wrong. can you please explain how you are right.

Ruling out the fact that individual muscle insertion distance from the joint suit certain people better for this program you still have to consider individual differences in fiber orientation and composition. This is why some people respond better to higher reps while others benefit more from lower rep based programs. Plus the fact your not even considering training experience rules out everything you've said.
insertion and origin points only alter small things like best width of stance for squats, sumo vs conventional deads, etc, but does nothing on effecting program design. unless you have a more in depth explanation to help us all understand as honestly i am lost on why.

fiber orientation.... you read that somewhere but didnt fully understand it, right? probably. like most people you got some buzz words and thought you would sound cool using them. did you know that some fibers can change their traits based upon training? that can minimize or even negate this huge difference you claim. unless you have some other piece of knowledge that i dont, which is possible. can you please explain the mechanisms of this fiber differences causing a difference in training? how a difference in fiber mix changes the mechanisms behind exercise stimulus and adaptation.

as for the response of lower vs high reps, this has been tested ad nauseam and well understand. we know for a fact that new lifters respond to nearly all rep ranges but a workout like 3 sets of 10 work very well. as they progress in experience 30 reps for their main lift works, but the rep set scheme alters. given enough years the same desired effects can be reached with 10 sets of 3. its still 30 reps but a major variance in intensity and yet has a similar effect. the mechanisms are the same behind stimulus and response though. the main difference is neuromuscular efficiency levels. you didnt mention that as a difference. are you familiar with those buzz words? charles poliquin writes a lot about this and he has far more education and experience than both of us.

there is something else i am a huge believer in and that is just that, belief. jim wendler writes about this as well, another far more experienced lifter and coach than both of us. he writes a lot about how belief can make or break a program. basically if you dont believe in the program you wont put much effort in it, therefore you wont get much out of it.

i know zir red has posted research showing that for size, reps dont matter as much. as long as it is between 5 and 20 and lift till failure you will stimulate mass adaptation. he is another one with far more experience than both of us.

would you like to respond on how those that are more educated and experienced than us are wrong and you are right. you have made some claims and i would like to know so i can at least learn myself and it would be nice for others to learn as well. please and thank you.

Using a cookie cutter program like 5/3/1 limits individuals creativity and ability to work on strengths and weaknesses. Beginners rarely have to deload early in training as neural adaptations and then hypertrophy will follow easily, allowing them to train for longer periods of time while continuing to make gains. The problem is a cookie cutter program like this may provide too much volume for a beginner and too much intensity. It is well known that beginners respond to less % intensity then experienced lifters. Advancing intensity too early can lead to plateaus later on in programming. On the other sided advanced and elite level lifters often train with much greater % intensity then this provides. No program can be used for years, sorry, that's why block periodization is so popular with elite olympic athletes.
you clearly dont know what 5/3/1 is. as it is NOT about most of what you wrote above. the deload is a recommendation and should be taken as needed. the first book was written very exact as many people, especially newbs need that kind of help as they have no clue. but it is very adaptable and that is covered in the second edition and the beyond book and his forum section on t-nation.com. he clearly proves most of your understanding on 5/3/1 above wrong.

the only cookie cutter part is the main lift and its 5/3/1 scheme and for the record, that is a form of block periodization that you claim that elite lifters use. more proof that you dont quite understand this cookie cutter program. as for volume and intensity, again, your knowledge of the program is lacking. it starts of light and builds up till you as an individual lifter cannot handle it. it even explains how to deal with resets. therefore it has the intensity and volume needed for the lifter and its goals. something a cookie cutter program does not have. it has also been shown by many thousands of lifters how 5/3/1 can be used for years and still progress. i train with national level strongman and powerlifters that total elite and they have all used 5/3/1 for long periods and have gained results. that does not sound so cookie cutter to me. can you please explain how it is cookie cutter so i can point you in the right direction. instead of that, how about you get the second edition book and the beyond 5/3/1 book. if there is anything you dont get yet, read them again. they will show that your assumptions of the program are wrong.

Are you talking the biggest natural guys? or just the biggest guys?
is there were you try and take the 0.1% of the population and try to use them in an example. as that would apply best to only that 0.1%, sure go ahead and build a foundation on that. ill build mine on the other 99.9%. who do you think has a greater chance of being right?

Ronnie, Arnold, heath, etc hardly ever trained less than 5RM, just sayin even with hormonal usage
this was covered above by my response including the research posted a while back in this forum from zir red. their goal was mass so a mass based program was best for them. also, i will go back to 5/3/1, and even cube to prove my point even more so. the main lift is done with a total reps for the workout of 15-25 reps. even with that many sets are done for more than 5 sets. after that, accessory work is done as many reps and sets as needed. anywhere from 5 to 20+ reps per set. maybe as high as 50 reps for a set.

if you do want to include more of that 0.1% and the greats of that game even lets include franco columbo and mr aint nothing but a peanut ronnie coleman. they came from a powerlifting background. its easy to understand how getting strong can help in getting big. volume is a big key to getting big. if you can lift 200lbs for 3 sets of 10 and i could lift 250lbs for the same reps and sets who did more volume? who do you think stimulated more growth? simple right.

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
Um make this condense and concise if you expect anyone to respond, please

Part One- ya so lets just not learn anything for ourselves and just expect others to do things for us lulz. Because something may or may not be difficult isn't an excuse

Part two- Yes I've participated in human dissection and yes, every single person had individual variation in anatomy. AKA why orthopedic surgeons have to open the person up and examine individual anatomy, but thanks.

Part 3: Power lifters generally have insertions farther from the joint line creating longer levers making them very powerful but very poor sprinters because they cannot produce rotation about the joint as quickly. Simple enough

Part 4: Yes, Jacob Wilson published a review on the subject not long ago. Resistance training can influence type 2X into 2a, with greater oxidative capacity. Detraining leads to great proportion of two X. Regardless, the aforementioned anatomical qualities plus a limitation in fiber shifting is not going to take Jimmy slow feet and turn them into Usian bolt

Part 5: Well because Zir posted research we all must believe it, can you stimulate mass adaptations training with 20 reps til failure yes, can u stimulate mass training with 5 reps to failure yes, but you cannot train within that rep range all the time and expect continual progress, especially experienced trainees

Part 6: Idk why your obssessed with this program: bompa invented periodization way before wendler was even around, is wendler ok, yes but his program should stimulate your brain into designing your own program

Part7: Cool so accessory work can be done with 50 + reps which would contradict the earlier emphasis on strength or hypertrophy training and emphasize muscle endurance

Volume isn't everything: you may have done more volume, but I could have stimulated more force via acceleration. Intensity and volume my friend Power=Work x time, and that's not even considering rest between sets or training experience. AKA if I am a beginner I would stimulate more growth despite less volume, where as 250 x 10 for a trained lifter may not reach enough of an intensity threshold.

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Part two- Yes I've participated in human dissection and yes, every single person had individual variation in anatomy. AKA why orthopedic surgeons have to open the person up and examine individual anatomy, but thanks.
ok, so how does that variation in anatomy cause a different stimulus from what im guessing you mean as the same workout plan? you keep making this claim that we are all so different so i am curious to know how this variance in anatomy causes this different response to a stimulus.

Part 3: Power lifters generally have insertions farther from the joint line creating longer levers making them very powerful but very poor sprinters because they cannot produce rotation about the joint as quickly. Simple enough
simple? but what does origin and insertion have with program design? a squat is still a squat irrelevant of origin or insertion. unless a squat becomes a bench press cause my insertion points are different than yours.......

Part 5: Well because Zir posted research we all must believe it, can you stimulate mass adaptations training with 20 reps til failure yes, can u stimulate mass training with 5 reps to failure yes, but you cannot train within that rep range all the time and expect continual progress, especially experienced trainees
ill tell that to my training partner that just hit an elite total at 198 this weekend. he lifts in a very narrow range of reps. ill be sure to tell my other training partner that is going to the NAS nationals this year. he also trains in a very narrow rep range. and yes, my point is that they are very experienced and very strong lifters. rep range is only part of the equation to not just workout but program design which is part of my point in this. program design can be harder than most people think. most people just do a workout, but not a program.

Part 6: Idk why your obssessed with this program: bompa invented periodization way before wendler was even around, is wendler ok, yes but his program should stimulate your brain into designing your own program
there is no obsession. it is just me bringing up to speed on the program which you have clearly shown you dont understand. when i first heard about 5/3/1 i went online to find info and there so much wrong and incomplete info. what i see you posting is the same dribble i would see wrong about it after reading all of the books and talking to people that have used it for years. so just trying to help you out.

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
Yup the continued excuse that because somethings hard you shouldn't do it might work for u, not me

Are u really doubting the fact that different people respond to different rep ranges?

And using ur friends jimmy and johnny are not substantial evidence, aside that their progress is due to improved neural efficiency, not hypertrophy

asooneyeonig

asooneyeonig

Awards
Yup the continued excuse that because somethings hard you shouldn't do it might work for u, not me

Are u really doubting the fact that different people respond to different rep ranges?

And using ur friends jimmy and johnny are not substantial evidence, aside that their progress is due to improved neural efficiency, not hypertrophy
Uhm. That first part, are you just making things up now? Can you show where I made this wild claim?

Am I doubting rep ranges have a specific response. You may want to go back and read what I have typed. I have covered this quite well. Repeating myself is not needed at this point as it has already been answered.

And I will concede that my elite level competitor friends are not a good enough example to cover the bases. How do you explain the other tens and hundreds of thousands that have used the same proven programs my friends have and received the same results. Are hundreds of thousands of people enough as a cross section to show proof?

Also, are you going to answer the questions I asked of you or are you going to be like others that are trolling or obviously wrong and just going to avoid them?

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone who has ran 5/3/1, could you explain something to me. So for upper body exercises, 5 pounds is added to the lifts and 10 pounds for lower body. Lets take my OHP as an example, the first cycle of the 5 week was 85x5, 95x5, and 110x5+ does this mean I would do 90x5, 100x5, and 115x5+ for the second cycle? Basically just adding 5 or 10 pounds on to each working set of each week?

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Anyone who has ran 5/3/1, could you explain something to me. So for upper body exercises, 5 pounds is added to the lifts and 10 pounds for lower body. Lets take my OHP as an example, the first cycle of the 5 week was 85x5, 95x5, and 110x5+ does this mean I would do 90x5, 100x5, and 115x5+ for the second cycle? Basically just adding 5 or 10 pounds on to each working set of each week?
Nope.

You have your 1RM or estimated 1RM.

Now take off 10% of that number and that becomes your Training 1RM. Remember this number. This is to make sure that even when you're having a shïtty day, then you'll still be able to get your reps in.

Now, all of your training percentages, are percentages from your Training 1RM.

When your three week wave is complete, add 5/10lbs onto the original Training 1RM. Then your next 3 weeks are percentages of THAT updated Training 1RM. Then after the next 3 weeks, add it onto that number.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
To say what Sean said another way, say your current one rep max for bench is 300. Your training max in 90% or 270. Say you went through one full cycle, you add the 5 lbs to your training max. So, instead of 270 it will be 275. The training max is the number that you calculate your lifts off of.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
To chime in, I love 5/3/1 and base all my compounds off of those percentages. Its great to increase your strength. Also look into DC, PHAT, or GVT.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
To chime in, I love 5/3/1 and base all my compounds off of those percentages. Its great to increase your strength. Also look into DC, PHAT, or GVT.
I'm switching from PHAT...

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nope.

You have your 1RM or estimated 1RM.

Now take off 10% of that number and that becomes your Training 1RM. Remember this number. This is to make sure that even when you're having a shïtty day, then you'll still be able to get your reps in.

Now, all of your training percentages, are percentages from your Training 1RM.

When your three week wave is complete, add 5/10lbs onto the original Training 1RM. Then your next 3 weeks are percentages of THAT updated Training 1RM. Then after the next 3 weeks, add it onto that number.
To say what Sean said another way, say your current one rep max for bench is 300. Your training max in 90% or 270. Say you went through one full cycle, you add the 5 lbs to your training max. So, instead of 270 it will be 275. The training max is the number that you calculate your lifts off of.
Thanks guys, I got it. I can easily plug that into the calculator

ord11b

Awards
I like 531, a lot more compared to a 5x5 program. I think in gonna give it another go this full once I start bulking again!