Different types of HIIT cardio

rsnow32

Awards
hey guys, i want to know what the different ypes of hiit cardio there are. i know about sprints and car pushes and sleds but i am getting very bored with those. anybody out there know a list of hiit style cardio that i can do to switch it up?

muskate

muskate

Awards
intervals on a bike
high knees (sprints on the spot)
kettle bell swings

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Log carries, throws for distance, rolling (pushing across the ground), line jumps (piece of tape on the floor) jumping rope (endless possibilities). Just some other options that are inexpensive and can be found lying around. I think HIIT can be achieved with most anything if you keep the correct tempo and intensity high enough. Try it with a partner and compete for an added bonus.

rsnow32

Awards
Thanks guys I appreciate I was getting so bored of sprints and car pushes

Wrivest

Wrivest

Awards
Tabatas are my personal favorite! Quick killers!!

Wolfy3d2000

Wolfy3d2000

Awards
  • Established
If you wanna torture yourself and I recommend this only after leg day: You need a track but my gym has a 50meter lane 50m squat jumps 50m lunges 100m prowler push 100m farmers walk with hex bar 25-50 bodyweight squats in place And then collapse to the floor
I just threw up in my mouth reading this. This would be killer!

rsnow32

Awards
A couple I give my clients who can handle the exercises of course:

30s of light weight hang cleans
30s jump rope
1 50m farmers walk with a hex bar (my personal favorite too)
Repeat 5-8x

1 minute as many push ups as possible
1 minute bike sprints
Repeat 5-8 times

If you wanna torture yourself and I recommend this only after leg day:
You need a track but my gym has a 50meter lane
50m squat jumps
50m lunges
100m prowler push
100m farmers walk with hex bar
25-50 bodyweight squats in place

And then collapse to the floor
Probably the craziest form of cardio i have ever seen thts intense bro

asilentj3w

Awards
Whatever you do do not try intervals on a treadmill. Watched a guy at my gym give them an attempt. He ended up getting shot off. I'm a fan of the stationary bike and sprinting. What these other guys have posted is good stuff too

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
I sprint suicides in my backyard. Except when returning to my starting line I run backwards.

UCSMiami

UCSMiami

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yesterday we did sprinting in place with a 25lb plate held in the high port position. 1min on, 20sec off ,etc for a few minutes. I was not keeping time so do not know how long. But I was puddling sweat. HR racing.
Lunge, Lunge, Squat with a 45lb plate held close to the chest-1/8mile nonstop.
Burpees with dumbbells.
Jump squats with a 45lb plate held close to the chest. 1min on, 20sec off.

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
Yesterday we did sprinting in place with a 25lb plate held in the high port position. 1min on, 20sec off ,etc for a few minutes. I was not keeping time so do not know how long. But I was puddling sweat. HR racing.
Lunge, Lunge, Squat with a 45lb plate held close to the chest-1/8mile nonstop.
Burpees with dumbbells.
Jump squats with a 45lb plate held close to the chest. 1min on, 20sec off.
I like it! I might include some of those in my next hiit workout!

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I just run forty yard sprints. Weeeeeee l

CNPComicNerd

Awards
I just run forty yard sprints. Weeeeeee l
Seconded. I'm not a fan of HIIT I don't think its an effective athletic booster nor that great of a help with fat lost. I know you said you were bored with normal sprints so this probably isn't what you want to hear but why not just change your sprint program up? Do flys(jog x amount of meters then run 100% x amount of meters), shuttle runs, and hills sprints.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I think all my HIIT has decreased my athletic ability and made me fatter.

PILL

Awards
:I'm a big fan of PHA circuits for days I don't have time for a full workout or for when I just feel like getting in a fullbody thrashing. If you're not familiar with the idea of Peripheral Heart Action training look it up, it's great if you want a simple way to burn a lot of calories quickly while causing a lot of EPOC.

Supersetting sprints with kettle-bell exercises are great too, just don't be like me and injure yourself with the sprints.

Also, I disagree with those that believe HIIT decreases athletic performance. I ran a 19:30 3 mile on my last PFT after running a 19:05 last year. My time went up, but my training for the running was almost nonexistent this last year with the exception of occasional HIIT. In the past I had trained much more with distance running.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Of course you disagree, it was a crazy statement. It's like saying that weightlifting makes you weaker.

PILL

Awards
Of course you disagree, it was a crazy statement. It's like saying that weightlifting makes you weaker.
I wondered if your original post was sarcasm, but the internet is full of idiots....

MooseSPQR

Awards
Row Sprints for 20 seconds / 20 seconds off / 30 kettle swings / 20 seconds off.....there is one interval.....repeat 15 times.....throw up intermittently only during off times and enjoy!