side bends
    planks
    roman chairs
    russian twists
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

I wish people would do some searching on the site before posing this question.......
    •   

4. Registered User
    Answers

Sorry i forgot i thought this was a bodybuilding app my mistake i can ask if i want everybody trains diffrent why are poeple jackasses and stuff when they go gym ?
  5. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

this question is asked nearly every day and answered. that is why we mention the search option. imagine having a small child ask you the same thing everyday even when you answer it each and every time, they still ask.

to help us answer for you, can you please define tone for you. i know the textbook definition but most people do not know what that is.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    this question is asked nearly every day and answered. that is why we mention the search option. imagine having a small child ask you the same thing everyday even when you answer it each and every time, they still ask.
    This reminds me of my nephew, when he was about 4, wandered into my home gym while I was in there and asked me if the oly curling bar, was bent that way, for decoration. I never look at one the same way now.
  7. Registered User
    Answers

Im asking it once as an adult not a troll or a child or whatever god must be due to nobody as an answer for it funny if i asked about arms or chest poeple will straight up read me a long list lol
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Ok, you want a legit answer... Here!
    Your abdominal muscle is like any other, train it as such.
    The reason a decent amount of lifters don't train abs is because many of us train with compound lifts (squats, deads, bench, etc) and those hit the abs hard on their own, so specificity is not necessarily needed.
    I'm assuming your want to "tone" your abs is meaning that you want to see them, correct? This goes back to the "abs are made in the kitchen" saying. So eat clean! (Talk to a dietician about that....I'm not your guy here)
    As far as good ab exercises, GHD sit-ups, hanging leg raises, planks, Russian twists.
    And p.s.... Don't say you want to "tone up"... You sound like a chick
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  240 lbs.
    Answers

Well, I listed what I knew was pretty good, but you did not really respond to it and since most others did not either, I figured we were all pretty much in agreement.

The reason why you would most likely get more hits on arm stuff say, (on any site) is because they are just an all out much more popular showy bodypart, that pumps up easy, lets the lifter feel some weight in the hands and thus feel strong and most guys find arms quite responsive and love to train them.
    Ab work is not a big favorite among the reg gym goers and, even though some of the big compound lifts hit the mid section (at least statically to strengthen, as PL'ers are not big direct ab work fans either) abs are not high on the list of "pumper" feel good exercises or impressive lift numbers etc.

Along with direct ab work to really show up well, the diet has to be quite strict and dialed way in, as you cannot carry much fat in order for the hard work to show.

I will be one to admit, ab work for me, is boring and not fun to do. I do it on occasion, but less than I should.
  10. Registered User
    Answers

I agree but i only wanted to see if there was something new i should be trying i didnt reply on it as been busy ps tone sounds like a chick ok lol realy you need to stop haveing a go at genuine guys who ask stuff as sound like a jerk
  11. Registered User
    Answers

I darent even ask about legs lucky i got kai greene dvd to watch ha ha
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Try a Rosetta Stone DVD for learning English
  13. Registered User
    Answers

Ha ha just admit it you dont have a clue how to answer my question instead of been a idiot and acting like a straight up jerk it be a lot easy and saves time on wasted banter
  14. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by meatheadmike View Post
    Ha ha just admit it you dont have a clue how to answer my question instead of been a idiot and acting like a straight up jerk it be a lot easy and saves time on wasted banter
    i tried to help you. i requested clarification to give you the best answer. you seemed to have ignore that request. till we know what you mean by tone, we cannot answer with much accuracy. what you have asked is like asking which girl is hotter, the brunette or the blonde and offering no picture to compare with.
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  15. Registered User
    Stats
    5'7"  170 lbs.
    Answers

^ agreed.... I think this "thread" is now done.
    Cheers
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. ab training 101
    By keater824 in forum Exercise Science
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 12-01-2009, 10:22 AM
  2. ab training
    By Machwon1 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 02:58 PM
  3. Ab Training