Help with muscle imbalance?

1. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.97%

My feet come off the ground like i only can squat on my tip toes. Plus if i squat wide i feel like im doing it wrong an i dont arch my back put out my chest how can i fix this

2. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    33.51%

Maybe work on your flexibility. The best thing to do is get a coach trainer/coach who can work with you in person.
  3. New Member
    Stats
    6'8"  250 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    11.39%

+1 on flexibility. Get your hips loosened up and you'll be able to go deeper and stay on your heels. Core strength will help keep you from folding up which will put you on your toes. Something I do to learn how to stay on heels is box squats. Go down, sit on the box, pick your feet up off the floor, plant your heels back down, explode up
    •   

4. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    44.54%

Ankles (calf muscles) and hamstrings. Make sure the bar travel is straight down and not with an angle. Also make sure that the bar is perpendicular with the middle of your foot when in bottom position.

Quad weakness is also a problem it it happens during the ascent.
  5. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

can we get a video of you squatting? from the front, rear, and side would be awesome!
    you can call me "ozzie" for short.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'10"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    97.48%

Sounds like ankle mobility problems. I'd get a lacrosse ball and roll out the bottom of your foot, roll out the area around your ankle especially the achilles tendon, and do ankle stretches. Supple Leopard is a good book to have for stuff like this.
  7. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

lots of guessing and no way to know what will help....... without a vid that is. until then its all just wild guesses.
  8. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.97%

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    lots of guessing and no way to know what will help....... without a vid that is. until then its all just wild guesses.
    alright ill take one but like i think ita my ankles or something idk man i hate it cause i wanna be da best
  9. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

its not likely your ankles. its likely your hips are weak & tight and have bad form.

an ankle issue would be more something like, you cant hit ass to grass on a narrow stance squat.
  10. New Member
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    77.97%

Quote Originally Posted by asooneyeonig View Post
    its not likely your ankles. its likely your hips are weak & tight and have bad form. an ankle issue would be more something like, you cant hit ass to grass on a narrow stance squat.
    im 6'3 or so so should i have a wider form than modt people? Like my training partner tells me im doing it wrong an i dont think i actually am. Like i have a long torso an plus long ass legs an big shoulders an squats are supposed to be shoulder length apart correct?

Ive been working on my ankles flexibility ever since ive made this thread haha.
  11. Diamond Member
    Stats
    5'9"  217 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    32.61%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

Quote Originally Posted by lilbill View Post
    im 6'3 or so so should i have a wider form than modt people? Like my training partner tells me im doing it wrong an i dont think i actually am. Like i have a long torso an plus long ass legs an big shoulders an squats are supposed to be shoulder length apart correct? Ive been working on my ankles flexibility ever since ive made this thread haha.
    Squat stance varies person to person. There's no rule that you have to be shoulder width apart. Find what is comfortable for you. Bump it out.
    Controlled Labs Board Rep
    sean@ControlledLabs.com
    CONTROLLED LABS products are produced in a GMP for Sport certified facility.
  12. Senior Member
    Stats
    5'10"  200 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    42.88%
    Achievements Posting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1332 View Post
    Squat stance varies person to person. There's no rule that you have to be shoulder width apart. Find what is comfortable for you. Bump it out.
    what he said. i have competed in powerlifting using a super wide, suited like stance and as narrow as an olympic lifter squats. no surprise i found something in the middle that works much better for me. its not just mobility of my hips that decided that but the actual structure. i remember watching a video years ago with dr stuart mcgill where he talked about how to find the right width. it was a lot of trial and error but i did it anyways.

1 day without a warm up a grabbed a box that put my below parallel and squated at all kinds of widths. i then warmed up a bit without the box and some weight on the bar. repeated the steps with 50% on the bar. i recorded all the squats, about 20 in all, and found when my heels were 1.5 shoulders width my form was spot on when not warmed up and when warmed up with weight and the notes of each squat i stated it felt the smoothest and least restrictive. from then on that how was how wide i squatted. try it and see what works for your mobility and bone structure.

Similar Forum Threads

1. Help with muscle mass
    By Mkn8hpn in forum Old School Hormone Use
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-19-2012, 01:05 AM
  2. Help with Muscle loss
    By TrainInsane92 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-26-2012, 09:11 PM
  3. please help with losing weight and gaining muscle mass
    By aintfrreshazi in forum Bulking