Help determining competition division

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Hey Guys,

I'm about to start comp prep for my second comp within the next week. I'm just trying to determine what division you guys think I should go for as it will determine what level of conditioning I go for.

For my first comp I did Mens fitness model, as no physique was available for this show. I got told I came in too lean (4-5%) and needed to be around 8%.
This time, I'd like to do physique-but want to check with those who have done it if I look like a physique competitor and If i'm going to do fitness, the comp prep will be a lot easier. What are your thoughts based on the pics below?

1.jpg
P1020326.JPG
IMG_2276.jpg
IMG_2259.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg
2.jpg
DSC_0407.JPG
DSC_0404.JPG
DSC_0402.JPG

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Any one?

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
It depends on what organization you're doing. Looking at your physique I would stick with "Fitness Model"

I would recommend you try some NPC Men's Physique competition.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for your response. I'm in INBA which is a natural organisation in Australia. The only other here is IFBB-which I wont have the chops for.

So you think I should give 'physique' division a try in an all natural comp? Or stay in the "fitness model division" (I got mixed messages from your message bro, sorry).

The "Fitness model" division, which was the last division I went in, wanted me to act more like underwear model. I got marked down for flexing and being "too cut". Physique therefore would be between that and a bodybuilding division. If that helps.

Cheers,

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
Thanks for your response. I'm in INBA which is a natural organisation in Australia. The only other here is IFBB-which I wont have the chops for.

So you think I should give 'physique' division a try in an all natural comp? Or stay in the "fitness model division" (I got mixed messages from your message bro, sorry).

The "Fitness model" division, which was the last division I went in, wanted me to act more like underwear model. I got marked down for flexing and being "too cut". Physique therefore would be between that and a bodybuilding division. If that helps.

Cheers,
I would disregard whatever critique the judges give you and look solely at the guys who placed above you, if they were all smaller, softer and less conditioned then you, then sure move up to the next division. Also compare yourself to the guys who are winning in the "physique" division. Pictures don't lie. If you want to post some of send me a link to view them I would be happy to take a closer look.