Help determining competition division - AnabolicMinds.com

Help determining competition division

1. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Help determining competition division

Hey Guys,

I'm about to start comp prep for my second comp within the next week. I'm just trying to determine what division you guys think I should go for as it will determine what level of conditioning I go for.

For my first comp I did Mens fitness model, as no physique was available for this show. I got told I came in too lean (4-5%) and needed to be around 8%.
    This time, I'd like to do physique-but want to check with those who have done it if I look like a physique competitor and If i'm going to do fitness, the comp prep will be a lot easier. What are your thoughts based on the pics below?

Name:  1.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  147.4 KBName:  P1020326.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  181.4 KBName:  IMG_2276.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  192.7 KBName:  IMG_2259.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  122.3 KBName:  4.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  160.8 KBName:  3.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  109.3 KBName:  2.jpg
Views: 71
Size:  168.7 KBName:  DSC_0407.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  353.6 KBName:  DSC_0404.JPG
Views: 70
Size:  389.6 KBName:  DSC_0402.JPG
Views: 69
Size:  354.0 KB
    ~Get shredded or die trying! The alphamine chapter~
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html

2. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Any one?
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/supplement-reviews-logs/213632-get-shredded-die.html
  3. New Member

Reputation Reputation

It depends on what organization you're doing. Looking at your physique I would stick with "Fitness Model"

I would recommend you try some NPC Men's Physique competition.
    •   

4. Senior Member
    Stats
    6'0"  208 lbs.

Reputation Reputation

Thanks for your response. I'm in INBA which is a natural organisation in Australia. The only other here is IFBB-which I wont have the chops for.

So you think I should give 'physique' division a try in an all natural comp? Or stay in the "fitness model division" (I got mixed messages from your message bro, sorry).

The "Fitness model" division, which was the last division I went in, wanted me to act more like underwear model. I got marked down for flexing and being "too cut". Physique therefore would be between that and a bodybuilding division. If that helps.

Cheers,
  5. New Member

Reputation Reputation

Quote Originally Posted by Docmattic View Post
    Thanks for your response. I'm in INBA which is a natural organisation in Australia. The only other here is IFBB-which I wont have the chops for.

So you think I should give 'physique' division a try in an all natural comp? Or stay in the "fitness model division" (I got mixed messages from your message bro, sorry).

The "Fitness model" division, which was the last division I went in, wanted me to act more like underwear model. I got marked down for flexing and being "too cut". Physique therefore would be between that and a bodybuilding division. If that helps.

Cheers,
    I would disregard whatever critique the judges give you and look solely at the guys who placed above you, if they were all smaller, softer and less conditioned then you, then sure move up to the next division. Also compare yourself to the guys who are winning in the "physique" division. Pictures don't lie. If you want to post some of send me a link to view them I would be happy to take a closer look.
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. help determining BF
    By biggie757 in forum Pics
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-20-2014, 04:14 PM
  2. Help determine my calories
    By Rugger in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-24-2008, 12:44 PM
  3. help getting ready for a competition
    By Tch44 in forum Powerlifting/Strongman