The Wheels.

  1. Registered User
    EWolfe08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    97139

    The Wheels.


    I don't know how many members on here compete but it's a known fact that a lot of Men's Physique Competitors don't train legs, or at least don't train them very hard. With that being said, there are also a lot that DO train leg's and have some damn good leg's for that matter. I've always trained leg's, at least once a week, usually twice a week. Lots of squats, weighted walking lunges, leg press, leg extensions, leg curls. Every time I post a picture of myself wearing shorts, or hell, even pants! I get the troll's with their "Skip Leg Day" comments. Here's a pic of the leggies 2.5 weeks out, and note, I will be much leaner by show time!

    Fueled by eFlow NutritionName:  LegsEDITED.jpeg
Views: 224
Size:  650.4 KB

  2. Registered User
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    413118

    Quote Originally Posted by EWolfe08 View Post
    I don't know how many members on here compete but it's a known fact that a lot of Men's Physique Competitors don't train legs, or at least don't train them very hard. With that being said, there are also a lot that DO train leg's and have some damn good leg's for that matter. I've always trained leg's, at least once a week, usually twice a week. Lots of squats, weighted walking lunges, leg press, leg extensions, leg curls. Every time I post a picture of myself wearing shorts, or hell, even pants! I get the troll's with their "Skip Leg Day" comments. Here's a pic of the leggies 2.5 weeks out, and note, I will be much leaner by show time! Fueled by eFlow Nutrition<img src="http://anabolicminds.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10 2750"/>
    Nice bro! What bf% you think you are currently?
  3. Registered User
    EWolfe08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    97139

    Good question. Maybe 5'ish Last competition hydrostatic had me at 4.2 Calipers at 3.75

    I'm gonna get both done again next week.
    •   
       

  4. Registered User
    hulkish1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    235002

    solid my man, I wish i could train legs again but 6months out of a spinal fusion it don't look like i can for some time.
    it hasn't stopped me from training which is the main point i guess lol.
    MYOKEM BOARD REP
    DEFY LIMITATIONS
  5. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,162
    Rep Power
    1147047

    Pardon my ignorance when it comes to these competitions, but how can you possibly have a chance without training legs? In my arena, which is training for sports, legs are absolutely critical and we aren't trying to outdo the next guy with looks. I just don't understand.
    Black Lion Research Representative
  6. Registered User
    hulkish1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    235002

    There are two types of competition in the bodybuilding field these days
    traditional- like arnold,ronnie,jay ect
    physique- this more of a toning low BF% sculpted not bulky look
    MYOKEM BOARD REP
    DEFY LIMITATIONS
  7. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,162
    Rep Power
    1147047

    Ah, I see. I would still think it would be on one's best interest to keep themselves as balanced as possible and strong legs always look better.
    Black Lion Research Representative
  8. Registered User
    EWolfe08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    97139

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Ah, I see. I would still think it would be on one's best interest to keep themselves as balanced as possible and strong legs always look better.
    yes, I think everyone agrees with you. There are all different types and categories of competition my friend.
  9. Registered User
    dbrock504's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    22
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    11121

    Sick wheels my man. I am hitting them twice a week. Any suggestions on stimulating more growth? I've just become infatuated with legs in the last 6 months. Usually I grow 1/4" every 6mo. I'm up 3/4" in 4 months natty. Not sure if that's big growth by any means, but it's growth! haha thanks man. Good luck on your comp. Post pics.
  10. Registered User
    EWolfe08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    97139

    Quote Originally Posted by dbrock504 View Post
    Sick wheels my man. I am hitting them twice a week. Any suggestions on stimulating more growth? I've just become infatuated with legs in the last 6 months. Usually I grow 1/4" every 6mo. I'm up 3/4" in 4 months natty. Not sure if that's big growth by any means, but it's growth! haha thanks man. Good luck on your comp. Post pics.
    That's good progress, any progress is good IMO. Leg's usto be arguably my least developed muscle, now they are probably my most developed. What worked for me was I started training with an old IFBB Pro bodybuilder, this guy did INTENSE WORKOUTS, high volume, high intensity, it took a few months to notice results but they came eventually. That was in 2012, I've done my best to maintain that training style and it seems to be working. High volume, high intensity. I also increased from once a week to twice a week. My workouts consists mostly of Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls. I try to include hack squats and weighted walking lunges when I have the energy, right now i'm 2 weeks and 5 weeks out from competition so my energy and training motivation is very low, which hurts my volume and intensity, but I still blast them as best I can. Let me know if you have any more questions.

    I'll post a pic of the calves soon, with a full pump. haha. I tried Ben Pakulski calf workout yesterday, wasn't quite enough for me (4 sets of high rep, increases reps 10, 20, 30, 40 reps)
  11. Registered User
    NattyForLife's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  207 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Southern USA
    Posts
    1,482
    Rep Power
    413118

    Quote Originally Posted by EWolfe08 View Post
    That's good progress, any progress is good IMO. Leg's usto be arguably my least developed muscle, now they are probably my most developed. What worked for me was I started training with an old IFBB Pro bodybuilder, this guy did INTENSE WORKOUTS, high volume, high intensity, it took a few months to notice results but they came eventually. That was in 2012, I've done my best to maintain that training style and it seems to be working. High volume, high intensity. I also increased from once a week to twice a week. My workouts consists mostly of Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls. I try to include hack squats and weighted walking lunges when I have the energy, right now i'm 2 weeks and 5 weeks out from competition so my energy and training motivation is very low, which hurts my volume and intensity, but I still blast them as best I can. Let me know if you have any more questions. I'll post a pic of the calves soon, with a full pump. haha. I tried Ben Pakulski calf workout yesterday, wasn't quite enough for me (4 sets of high rep, increases reps 10, 20, 30, 40 reps)
    Try the DC training way for doing calves. Its very very intense! 10-15 reps, explosive concentric portion and 4-5 second negative. Also hold the stretch at the bottom for 15 seconds! One set last nearly 5 minutes! Lol
  12. Registered User
    jdg76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    883
    Rep Power
    441958

    Quote Originally Posted by kisaj View Post
    Pardon my ignorance when it comes to these competitions, but how can you possibly have a chance without training legs? In my arena, which is training for sports, legs are absolutely critical and we aren't trying to outdo the next guy with looks. I just don't understand.

    Also mens Physique competitors wear shorts that normally cover up their upper legs (quads and hams) so it appears they don't have much for size. I do agree with the OP though. There are some who do train, and train them hard, but others who don't. They figure they aren't seen, so why push them. I actually just had this discussion with a guy at the gym the other day who is doing his first show. And of course, he isn't real worried about training legs SMH.

    BTW OP, nice deffinition and size in your quads.
    Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
  13. Registered User
    kisaj's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  210 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,162
    Rep Power
    1147047

    Weird mentality, but I understand what you guys are saying about the competition side.
    Black Lion Research Representative
  14. Registered User
    dbrock504's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    22
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    11121

    Quote Originally Posted by EWolfe08 View Post
    That's good progress, any progress is good IMO. Leg's usto be arguably my least developed muscle, now they are probably my most developed. What worked for me was I started training with an old IFBB Pro bodybuilder, this guy did INTENSE WORKOUTS, high volume, high intensity, it took a few months to notice results but they came eventually. That was in 2012, I've done my best to maintain that training style and it seems to be working. High volume, high intensity. I also increased from once a week to twice a week. My workouts consists mostly of Squats, Leg Press, Leg Extensions, Leg Curls. I try to include hack squats and weighted walking lunges when I have the energy, right now i'm 2 weeks and 5 weeks out from competition so my energy and training motivation is very low, which hurts my volume and intensity, but I still blast them as best I can. Let me know if you have any more questions.

    I'll post a pic of the calves soon, with a full pump. haha. I tried Ben Pakulski calf workout yesterday, wasn't quite enough for me (4 sets of high rep, increases reps 10, 20, 30, 40 reps)
    That's awesome, man. Thanks for the tips. I have heard the exact same thing, so I usually do reg squats breaking parallel 3x8 , front sqauts breaking parallel 3x8 and then straight legged deads 3x10 with very high intensity. I almost throw up during those sets haha. After I do those, I move on to fine tuning (leg press, quad kicks, hami kicks, etc.) I have the same "issue" with lunges. I hate them and usually don't have the energy at the end, but I make sure to do one of my 2 days with them. I did them as a punishment in high school football, so I don't exactly love them...
  15. Registered User
    EWolfe08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    97139

    Quote Originally Posted by jdg76 View Post
    Also mens Physique competitors wear shorts that normally cover up their upper legs (quads and hams) so it appears they don't have much for size. I do agree with the OP though. There are some who do train, and train them hard, but others who don't. They figure they aren't seen, so why push them. I actually just had this discussion with a guy at the gym the other day who is doing his first show. And of course, he isn't real worried about training legs SMH.

    BTW OP, nice deffinition and size in your quads.

    Thank. I am hoping one day MP NPC/IFBB will change to a shorter short or tight type trunk, show the wheels a little more!
  16. Registered User
    McCrew530's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,990
    Rep Power
    2026980

    Quote Originally Posted by EWolfe08 View Post
    Thank. I am hoping one day MP NPC/IFBB will change to a shorter short or tight type trunk, show the wheels a little more!
    You and me both brother I wish they would go to a boxerbrief style of swim shorts. We should start the movement!
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

  17. Registered User
    EWolfe08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    97139

    Quote Originally Posted by McCrew530 View Post
    You and me both brother I wish they would go to a boxerbrief style of swim shorts. We should start the movement!
    Rumor has it they are going to raise the "board short" length from "knee level" to 2-3" above the knee. I guess that would be a start!
  18. Registered User
    McCrew530's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    San Diego
    Age
    27
    Posts
    4,990
    Rep Power
    2026980

    Quote Originally Posted by EWolfe08 View Post
    Rumor has it they are going to raise the "board short" length from "knee level" to 2-3" above the knee. I guess that would be a start!
    Its something. I am thinking more of an Armani short brief style would be killer
    Rep For IronFlex
    Use the NEW CODE MCCREW20 to save 20% off of EVERYTHING on the IronFlex site,
    Even Diabolix Ironflex's new compound!

  19. Registered User
    EWolfe08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    97139

    Quote Originally Posted by NattyForLife View Post
    Nice bro! What bf% you think you are currently?
    Monday I did hydrostatic BF testing. Had me 5.1% at 2 weeks out. I'm thinking I will be on stage around 4%. If I don't get my pro card this competition Team U, then I will do USA's (5 weeks out) I'll be crazy lean by then!

    The best part is I have actually increased my food a bit and reduced my cardio a bit also! Which seems to be helping. Not only with my body composition, but my workout and my mood are noticeably improved also. every prep is different, wild stuff.
  20. Registered User
    hewhoisripped's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    523
    Rep Power
    166071

    Every single time I see a physique, I think to myself damn they should shorten den shorts, make em like soccer short length. Oh and damn good legs and conditioning!
    Antaeus Labs Rep
  21. Registered User
    EWolfe08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    97139

    Quote Originally Posted by hewhoisripped View Post
    Every single time I see a physique, I think to myself damn they should shorten den shorts, make em like soccer short length. Oh and damn good legs and conditioning!
    Thanks bro.
  22. Registered User
    EWolfe08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    181
    Rep Power
    97139

    Heading out to NPC Team Universe tomorrow in NJ! I'm estimating i'm around 4% BF, just started my water load (yesterday) so I'll be drying out over the next couple days. Carb Load starts Thursday! On stage Saturday!
  23. Registered User
    jdg76's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  202 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    883
    Rep Power
    441958

    Quote Originally Posted by EWolfe08 View Post
    Heading out to NPC Team Universe tomorrow in NJ! I'm estimating i'm around 4% BF, just started my water load (yesterday) so I'll be drying out over the next couple days. Carb Load starts Thursday! On stage Saturday!
    Good luck man! Keep us updated!
    Proverbs 3:5-6 ESV
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
  24. Registered User
    dbrock504's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  183 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Texas
    Age
    22
    Posts
    223
    Rep Power
    11121

    Quote Originally Posted by EWolfe08 View Post
    Heading out to NPC Team Universe tomorrow in NJ! I'm estimating i'm around 4% BF, just started my water load (yesterday) so I'll be drying out over the next couple days. Carb Load starts Thursday! On stage Saturday!
    Awesome man, good luck and keep us updated. Just as ^ that guy said haha.
  25. Registered User
    hulkish1's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  225 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    151
    Rep Power
    235002

    congrats and good luck!!
    MYOKEM BOARD REP
    DEFY LIMITATIONS
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 08-08-2012, 05:13 PM
  2. Behind The Wheel At Rally Car Race !!!
    By anabolicrhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 07:59 AM
  3. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-08-2006, 06:44 PM
  4. ok as promised heres the wheels
    By Ripped1 in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-05-2006, 09:50 AM
  5. curt2go's homebrew...here's the results
    By gadzid in forum Pics
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-24-2003, 06:47 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in