Back injury help :(

NattyAsGraham

NattyAsGraham

Awards
Have been on a cycle of test and mast for 3 weeks now.. I just hurt my back yesterday. Went physio he said this could take a month to get back to 100%....

It's my lower back I was deadlifting did bad form on 2 reps and I knew I ****dd up.... He lifted my legs up and there's an increase in lower back pain when he did it. So he thinks it might be discs...

My question is there's still 13 weeks to my cycle... Should I continue and just go train really light at the gym for a month? Or drop cycle start pct don't waste it and jump back on when healed?

Please help guys I'm in a pickle here...

Natty

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
There's plenty of guys lifting paltry weight on cycle and getting good results from what I've seen. But if you're going to end up crippled because you didn't let yourself recover from an injury, who's going to care how swole you got?

When I herniated my low back deadlifting, squatting made it feel better. I'd guess you need a week out of the gym just to let the swelling go down enough to move, then figure out what you can and cannot do. And figure out what your injury is - do your research.

hulkish1

hulkish1

Awards
Its all speculation whats wrong with the lower back with out the proper imaging. his diagnostic could be right or you could have a strain, either way you need to rest the injury. if i was you i would stop the cycle start pct and go back on after fully recovered.

I have had my fair share of back issues over the past 5 years including multiple level surgeries so speaking from experience rest, if the pain gets worst with time off and you have weakness not from pain but weakness loss of movement and numbness get a second opinion and a MRI, disk injuries can be pretty nasty the longer they are left pressing on nerves.

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
As has been stated, you definitely want to let your back heal up a bit. Quit the cycle for now. Start back up when you can get he most out of it.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Learn to hip hinge. Ability to create intraabdominal pressure is also crucial!
So many hinge at the back instead of the hip and, when you add some weight and x repititions it's like asking for trouble!

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
Have been on a cycle of test and mast for 3 weeks now.. I just hurt my back yesterday. Went physio he said this could take a month to get back to 100%....

It's my lower back I was deadlifting did bad form on 2 reps and I knew I ****dd up.... He lifted my legs up and there's an increase in lower back pain when he did it. So he thinks it might be discs...

My question is there's still 13 weeks to my cycle... Should I continue and just go train really light at the gym for a month? Or drop cycle start pct don't waste it and jump back on when healed?

Please help guys I'm in a pickle here...

Natty

You've already made the right choice by getting it looked at, his assumption seems correct as disc herniations are the no 1 injury during deadlift due to extreme flexion moment pushing the disc postero lateral. Do prone press ups feel good?

u might as well wait and see how you progress as it will take a little while for that stuff to clear your system anyways then go from there