Evidence-Based Behavioral Practice

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have not heard of him before. Watched a little, he seemed ok to me. Kinda seems like he is twisting things a little but nothing crazy. Example, ACSM stance on an issue is not a representation of the literature, it is a representation of ACSM's dtance on the literature. Also it was a little odd how he twisted evidence based medicine into a practice that disregrads practical application and experience. Evidence based medicine is a mariage of the scientific reaearch and the hands on experience. But again, nothing too crazy stuck out to me. His points on strength nit being a big focus and that it shoyld be more focused on is spot on IMO. It is important to note though that the general population is over weight and has crappy adherence to most interventions so if simply walking is a way to get people moving, it should not be discouraged. It is silly to replace one end of the spectrum with another. HIIT has its place as does LISS same with cardio and resistance training. Was there something specific he said that bothered you?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I have not heard of him before. Watched a little, he seemed ok to me. Kinda seems like he is twisting things a little but nothing crazy. Example, ACSM stance on an issue is not a representation of the literature, it is a representation of ACSM's dtance on the literature. Also it was a little odd how he twisted evidence based medicine into a practice that disregrads practical application and experience. Evidence based medicine is a mariage of the scientific reaearch and the hands on experience. But again, nothing too crazy stuck out to me. His points on strength nit being a big focus and that it shoyld be more focused on is spot on IMO. It is important to note though that the general population is over weight and has crappy adherence to most interventions so if simply walking is a way to get people moving, it should not be discouraged. It is silly to replace one end of the spectrum with another. HIIT has its place as does LISS same with cardio and resistance training. Was there something specific he said that bothered you?

Exactly the part I bolded. Well and the fact that he seems full of himself. He seems to think anything other than 20 minutes of HIIT as far as cardio goes is going to catabolize all your muscle mass. Or LISS specifically. I guess I should avoid taking walks at all costs because if I did take walks I would end up in a wheel chair from all the muscle loss.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
no problemo amigo. From my experience, most individuals in this field, if they possess the slightest understanding of something, they quickly turn into an arrogant condescending prick. o to me, he doesn't seem much different than listening to other "fitpros"

SLW2

SLW2

Awards
He seems to think anything other than 20 minutes of HIIT as far as cardio goes is going to catabolize all your muscle mass. Or LISS specifically. I guess I should avoid taking walks at all costs because if I did take walks I would end up in a wheel chair from all the muscle loss.
Lol, that is exactly what I was thinking after watching

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's another interesting quote from him,

Interestingly, if we're limiting our scope to only the IPF raw world championships (recently held in South Africa)- there is/are only 1-2 obese powerlifting champions (both in the superheavy weight classes- male and female). Everyone else is in shape...really good shape. What's the problem with powerlifting? Multiply, the IPA, westside barbell, etc. Then again, none of that matters in my opinion.

Multiply powerlifting, the IPA/APF/UPA/XPC, etc., and Westside are not real powerlifting. They are farces, where obese men can flourish. Take off the gear, walk the weight out, use a 2hr weigh in and squat below parallel and you'll see these guys/gals who are overweight get destroyed by their in-shape counterparts who have been doing it right.

Can't believe anyone would be so arrogant.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Here's another interesting quote from him, Can't believe anyone would be so arrogant. [/FONT][/COLOR]
This is like a high jumper getting pissed off at a pole vaulter for clearing a higher bar. They're different sports with different techniques.