absolute best move for tricep lateral head

dieseljay74

dieseljay74

Awards
Ok guys,

What's the lateral head killer? I'm having trouble with this area in particular.

KrisL

KrisL

Awards
  • Established
I've never really thought to isolate any one part of the triceps... but the only apparent part of my tris is the lateral head, so maybe my pressing shenanigans will help you:
close grip bench
overhead press
klokovs
handstand pushups
incline bench

dieseljay74

dieseljay74

Awards
I've never really thought to isolate any one part of the triceps... but the only apparent part of my tris is the lateral head, so maybe my pressing shenanigans will help you:
close grip bench
overhead press
klokovs
handstand pushups
incline bench
Yeah I was just about to ramp up my CG bench....

snyderd1972

snyderd1972

Awards
I like skull crushers with dumbells palms facing each other.

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Close grip is king for lateral development. Make sure you're not allowing the elbows to flare out, but keep them close to your lats during the movement. Grip no closer than the width of your lats.

For the medial head, you'll want to relax the long and lateral head, so pushdowns or kickbacks (elbows close to or even behind your torso will be most efficient).

For the long head you'll want to prestretch it. Overhead extensions will do the trick.

snyderd1972

snyderd1972

Awards
Also try reverse grip extensions can be a little hard on the wrists so don't over do it but I feel the very hard in the lateral head. Also work on your mind muscle connection I know it sounds kinda retarded but Focus on flexin that part of your tris when lifting and posing in between sets.